HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2008, 05:39 AM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,051 Posts
Discussion
4 Ch Sky Hawk Banana Hobby, tried this one ?

4 Channel Sky Hawk, curious if anyone tried this one, complete at $75.90 looks like an amazing deal....Thanks...<>..

http://www.bananahobby.com/1332.html

Even better youtube on this one, ace flyer, 2 feet inverted and rolls, much braver than I...<>..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fiVMA7UP7M
wnppmy is offline Find More Posts by wnppmy
Last edited by wnppmy; Mar 27, 2008 at 10:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2008, 11:04 AM
Clyde, Ca. USA
Clyde, Ca. USA
Joined May 2007
2,382 Posts
Looks OK to me but I prefer the pusher type as when I crash, I mean land in the grass, the prop is up and safer.
How about this one?
http://www.bananahobby.com/1376.html
Prop is up and it looks like an Easy Star which is a very popular plane and handles good. Pretty indestructable too.
john339 is offline Find More Posts by john339
Old Mar 27, 2008, 11:53 AM
WARNING: May contain spam
Joined Oct 2007
20,928 Posts
Well, that glider does look like it's a ton of fun.

The wild hawk looks like it's a better plane though. Even better, would be the multiplex easy star.
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Mar 27, 2008, 01:57 PM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,051 Posts
Have the Wild Hawk via Raidentech but turned out a bummer as nothing functions, off freq with some of my other transmitters was able to get a hint of working so they did send me a replacement transmitter but still no go, love to fly them stock, doesn't look good todate...<>..

Flown the Warbirds as Parkzone Spitz so not concerned on the front prop, simply lift them slightly on landing..I'm always deadstick landings, from sailplane days...<>..

Note the Sky Hawk is a 4 channel with ailerons, should be more aerobatic...<>..did order it, here we go again, hi hi...<>..

Super Cub, Night Flights
Stryker B
Parkzone Warbirds
Stryker C
Last edited by wnppmy; Mar 27, 2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2009, 11:28 PM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,051 Posts
Update on the 4 channel Sky Hawk, unfortunately it proved to be abit fragile and didn't last on my maiden ventures, still a possible offering but I strongly advise the Easy Star and now the current Radian Sailplane, Radian is off the charts on performance and long glide, a stunner, twice the investment but certainly worth it from my personal experience, no comparison....Easy Star and Radian Win...BEST ..<>..

My current suggested flyers, I'm by no means an authority here, but these are my top choices from starter to Jet Pusher...

Super Cub, late Night Flights, great beginner plane...
Easy Star, also wonderful starter, as a glider longer flight times...
Parkzone Trojan, aileron trainer, a beauty, not enough stars, predictable
Readytoflyfun THUNDERBAT JET PUSHER, next level with this speedy guy
Parkzone R A D I A N, best dang plane I have to date, fantastic glide, wow
Last edited by wnppmy; Feb 08, 2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old Feb 09, 2009, 12:31 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2007
5,187 Posts
Don't you just love the description that comes with these cheap attractive sounding planes:

[Super tough, lightweight airframe!]

Uh, huh!
flydiver is offline Find More Posts by flydiver
Old Feb 09, 2009, 12:49 AM
old pilot
Rapid City SD
Joined Dec 2007
3,822 Posts
Yeah, amazing, cheap, really cool and good luck

Pics in the ads may look great, and in the hands of an expert even a dog can be doctored, trimmed out and flown well enough for a video (funny how they usually don't show landings).

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't (old guys have spent lots of bucks learning that ). It's best to check out the reputation of the plane and the reputation of the supplier.

Icky
Ickarusmelt is offline Find More Posts by Ickarusmelt
Last edited by Ickarusmelt; Feb 09, 2009 at 12:59 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:34 AM
Austin, TX, 78746
Joined Nov 2008
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydiver
Don't you just love the description that comes with these cheap attractive sounding planes:

[Super tough, lightweight airframe!]

Uh, huh!
I have owned this plane for about 3 months. it has taken alot of abuse. Finally learned to fly it this week and it was great. I removed the old brushed motor and simply cut the centerline of the fuse and glued in a brushless inrunner. I added front landing gear as I kept breaking the prop.
It is the 1st aileron airplane i have ever flown. I have my own 6 ch. radio and recieiver.
the servos are cheap and make horrible sounds but the wing and the body are really quite strudy. I wish I could buy the wing and fuse for about 40 bucks I would buy two more.
donaldrtaylor is offline Find More Posts by donaldrtaylor