SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 26, 2008, 05:20 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2 Posts
Help!
Blade cpp with microheli aluminum head and dx6i help!!!

Hi guys,

I am having major issues here. I bought a blade cpp and got to kinda fkying it and then broke it 1 too many times. so i decided to buy the microheli complete head assembly and get plastic blades. it looks sweet but i couldn't get it too fly. i went to the LHS and the guys said it was the stock tx. they recommended i buy a dx6i. I wanted to do that in the future so i said what the heck give me one. I have had this tx for about 2 weeks now and i still can't get my cpp to fly. it works great with my cx2 but the cpp won't fly. I have attached a video that will hopefully help someone help me. the link is http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...76#post9431809. as you canhopefully could see i am having an issue with throttle curve, pitch curve and blade pitches. I am also confused as to why the red light comes on at about 65% I have a gauge that I have used to try and 0 out the oitch at 0% throttle. The narrative is a while i am steadily increasing throttle.help me please.
tobias7269 is offline Find More Posts by tobias7269
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2008, 04:59 PM
Northern Cali
Joined Sep 2003
1,426 Posts
You made a BIG noobie mistake; you changed too many things at once! Also, the LHS steered you wrong. The stock TX has nothing to do with the bird flying or not; that is a function of the new microheli head.

Since you also have a new DX6i; you will have to strip to the skivies and recenter your servos, then attach the servo control arms and adjust them to 90 degrees when initialized and at mid-stick (a la the instructions BowerR64 gave you). After that you must then adjust your swash plate to be level and the pitch at zero degrees at mid-stick (you installed a new microheli head) while being centered between the hoops.

In addition to all that you must program the DX6i to function with your "new bird." That is a whole weeks work of lessons and setup time right there! Whew!

In other words, you have a tough task ahead of you; even if experienced. You will need the help of seasoned pilot to get the bird setup, adjusted, and trimmed properly. Gulp! Hopefully you know other heli pilots that can assist? Oh, and I would avoid that LHS, or seek someone there that knows what they are talking about.

If I were you, I would keep things simple; reinstall the stock radio, then adjust the microheli head until the bird flys. (The throttle and pitch curves are built in the stock radio). Then I would move the new DX6i radio gear over after first getting some settings for your heli entered into it. You can search the Blade CP forums for additional help.

Unfortunately there is no easy solution or quick fix for your problem. It is going to take considerable time and effort to get your bird flying again. But, that is why we do what we do, right? Having fun yet? Good luck!

Maybe others will jump in here with suggestions for you.
Brown Shoe is online now Find More Posts by Brown Shoe
Old Mar 27, 2008, 05:04 PM
Northern Cali
Joined Sep 2003
1,426 Posts
This forum is a great resource!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494197

~Shoe
Brown Shoe is online now Find More Posts by Brown Shoe
Old Mar 27, 2008, 07:01 PM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
Probobly the thing to do would be setup the radio first with the stock CP parts like it comes out of the box. Once you get the radio setup and it functions like the stock unit then you can rebuild the head.

I agree with Brownshoe though that you dove in a little deep right from the start.

By looking at your head and how it functions its not the same design as the stock setup with the bill hiller levers. Yours functions alot like the 450s so the linkages and stuff are probobly different lengths.

With my Blades, they move down to increase pitch. Yours moves up so i think all the linkages are different. If you just moved everything over from the stock plastic parts to this setup everything is off.

Looks like a nice setup though, dont give up on it.
BowerR64 is offline Find More Posts by BowerR64
Last edited by BowerR64; Mar 27, 2008 at 07:10 PM.