to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2008, 01:53 AM
Twisted and Confused
Joined May 2003
4,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin' eagle
And the problem is? ...
Yeah, see my other half is hot and I like seeing her. Actually, she's working with me this year, so its all good.

Steve
flyonline is offline Find More Posts by flyonline
Old Mar 27, 2008, 02:24 AM
Confirmed Chronic
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonline
Yeah, see my other half is hot and I like seeing her. Actually, she's working with me this year, so its all good.

Steve
The only time a guy talks like that is when he's engaged...
screamin' eagle is offline Find More Posts by screamin' eagle
Old Mar 27, 2008, 03:10 AM
Twisted and Confused
Joined May 2003
4,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin' eagle
The only time a guy talks like that is when he's engaged...
Speaking from experience here?

Actually, it's not all bad, we also get to:

meet heaps of new people, some who become good friends (and my finacee)
act like an idiot and no one looks at you strangely
make dry ice bombs, throw balls of skins and hose each other down even though we're all well over kindergarten age
drink bucket loads of coffee and get hypo on sugar
eat and eat and eat and eat and eat and eat and still lose weight
make heaps of money and buy more planes

Steve
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:30 AM
No slope for richardo
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2005
2,288 Posts
Harvest is similar for all crops, I grew up on an apple orchard and things were always crazy in the fall. However people never seemed to complain about the price of apples...

I'm with SE, a 2 month break would be nice and plenty of 'time for business / business time' when you get back.

Best of luck w/ the harvest!
Endless Sloper is offline Find More Posts by Endless Sloper
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:32 PM
AKA Cactus
Cornwall UK
Joined Aug 2002
2,565 Posts
funny vid, hell of a noise she makes, did she fall on a baby seal?
Phillybaby is online now Find More Posts by Phillybaby
Old Apr 04, 2008, 03:42 AM
Twisted and Confused
Joined May 2003
4,350 Posts
Update

Harvest is going great guns now, we're about 3/4 of the way through (tonnage wise) and about 1/2 way time wise. Unfortunately things keep going wrong, breaking down, burning out.......tonnages are bigger, harvesters are late....you get the idea . I've replaced 3 impellars on pumps, fixed many many many many hoses (including our 4" must lines about 10 times), tripped out the whole electrickery in the winery a few times and harrassed the sparky to get everything working again .

We're also running seriously short of tank space, I think we might be racking to road transport tankers to free something up. Anyone got a spare 50kL tank handy????? I'm sure I can swing a bottle or two of wine for payment .

Still, we've yet to start on barrels or red ferments so it's been crushing, pressing and yeast innoculations so far. We get into the interesting stuff from next week onwards - it's just been back breaking non-stop jobs, one after the other, after the other.......it feels like I'm swimming upstream with my head underwater half the time.

So far no one has died, lost a limb or had anything more serious than a reaction to some sulphur. I came seriously close to breaking a limb on slippery juice and forgot to take the keys out of the press when getting inside (serious no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

So, hopefully some of you will get to taste the fruits of our labours, there's a little bit of me in every bottle we make (almost literally )

Steve - offffffff to get some zzzzzzzz's before starting early tomorrow morning