HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2008, 02:51 PM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
we will do a little change to the inner cover. As for the banana sockets, we plan to change the current sockets into gilded banana sockets.
will it be available as spare/option kit?
alex.guzun is offline Find More Posts by alex.guzun
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2008, 05:37 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2008
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomanie
I think Julez reported this as solved by Junsi in the upcoming update (v3.07 ?). Julez go to test this before general availability as I understood his post #1396.

Trickle off, and fast balance charge seem to be the workaround.

T
Hi and thanks for your reply- I take it you mean adjust the "user settings" (option 2) within LIPO features of balance speed and balance trickle ?
I presume this is correct, because there is actually no "fast balance" mode selectable within the main menus ...only "fast charge".
This may well be a workaround for now..... but I for one like to peak out ( and balance at the same time ) certain packs where I want the absolute best power and duration.
I did not have these symptoms whilst charging several 3s Lipos over the weekend - all balance charged within approx 1hr 15 minutes. Strange.
badger-b is offline Find More Posts by badger-b
Old Jul 30, 2008, 05:55 PM
Trondheim, Norway
Joined Jun 2003
2,807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger-b
I take it you mean adjust the "user settings" (option 2) within LIPO features of balance speed and balance trickle ?
Correct. Sorry I wasn't that specific.

If you read back, I think Julez had a very good explaination of why some packs balance fine, while others don't.

T
thomanie is online now Find More Posts by thomanie
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 30, 2008, 06:28 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2008
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomanie
Correct. Sorry I wasn't that specific.

If you read back, I think Julez had a very good explaination of why some packs balance fine, while others don't.

T
Thanks again.... I will have to re-read the last few pages again to find that bit
badger-b is offline Find More Posts by badger-b
Old Jul 30, 2008, 09:23 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planekrazee
junsi,

Does the Chargery charger suffer from these problems or does it use someone elses proprietary code?
Hello,
Chargery's 1010B is the only same product as Junsi's 1010B.

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Old Jul 30, 2008, 09:29 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.guzun
will it be available as spare/option kit?
Hello,
Ok!
We plan to use these gilded banana sockets to replace these original ones, for our later products, there is no need to add it as option kit.

Best regards,
Junsi
Old Jul 31, 2008, 03:30 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
same with a new case?
Old Jul 31, 2008, 04:41 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
same with a new case?
Yes!
Old Jul 31, 2008, 05:00 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
new case for 106b and 1010b updates versions, or for new charger 1210b?
Old Jul 31, 2008, 05:04 AM
speedfreek
Newcastle, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
3,237 Posts
Hey guys.

I havent read the whole thread (skimmed through most of it) but have noticed several problems with the 1010B charger. I was tossing up between it and the Cellpro, but I just bought one on the advice of kgfly, and due to the fact it charges multiple chemistry batteries.

I have to say that Im very pleased with the purchase so far. To summarise:

Version 3.05
Charged 1 x 3S 2200mah, 2 x 3S 2200mah (in series as 6S) & 1 x 4S 2200mah
Used slow balance charge with trickle off
No problems, although my Yuntong balancer (apparently sensative to 20mV) still wants to balance it. Im not overly concerned about this though, as I dont fully discharge my packs.

Im about to do my first cycle of 2 x 3S 2200mah with the same settings.

I will try with the trickle on next charge and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice kgfly.

And a big kudos to Junsi, who has obviously made a big effort to improve the product and accomodated much of the feedback given from this thread.

Waz
alkoo is offline Find More Posts by alkoo
Old Jul 31, 2008, 05:25 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
new case for 106b and 1010b updates versions, or for new charger 1210b?
Sorry, there is no 1210B
Old Jul 31, 2008, 06:53 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkoo
No problems, although my Yuntong balancer (apparently sensative to 20mV) still wants to balance it. Im not overly concerned about this though, as I dont fully discharge my packs.
I think that precise callibration (I recall that within 5mV) of internal balancers in 1010B and 610B chargers, was mentioned earlier in this thread.
It is one of the most important values of this charger in my opinion.
I hope that Your Yuntong balancer is reading off by noticeable amount, in this case.
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Jul 31, 2008, 04:11 PM
Nowhere
Joined Aug 2003
6,178 Posts
Guys....can ask a couple (New-bie to this charger) questions please?

I just recieved my charger today. I like the compact size of it!!! I am also liking the balancing board....geniuos!

Now for the questions.

I purchased A123 cells and made a 4 cell pack. I made the balancing plug and it works. I chose LiFe cells from the menu.

What is the difference between Lilo and LiPo??? LiPo is lithium Polymer like we all purchase??? I will be charging some 3 cell lithiums and would not want to burn the house down! Would like some help with them please???

Where can I get the plugs and wires to fit in the balancing ports???

If so....what is Lilo?

What is the normal C rating or what amperage do I set it on for A123 cells?

Those A123 cells are bigger than I thought!

Junsi.....great charger!!!!

Dave
imsofaman is offline Find More Posts by imsofaman
Old Jul 31, 2008, 04:16 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jul 2008
98 Posts
LiPo is Lithium Polymer. LiIo is Lithium Ion. Most RC packs are LiPo, of course.
shurcooL is offline Find More Posts by shurcooL
Old Jul 31, 2008, 04:43 PM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsofaman
If so....what is Lilo?
Each LiXX chemistry belongs to Lithium Ion, however, LiIon is specificaly used for 4.10V CCCV charge mode.

LiIon is a name commonly used for old type cells with 3.6V nominal voltage, that are charged to 4.1V maximum voltage (instead of 3.7V nominal and 4.2V CV values of ordinary Lipo).
Original, real LiIon 3.6V cells almost do not exist today.

Even notebook Lithium Ion or Lithium Manganese cells, or various mobile phone cells,and for example Konion brand round cells which are good competitors of Lipo for certain applications,
all of them can be charged to 4.20V in Lipo mode without harm.

However, there is visible difference in cycle life of cells, if they are charged to 4.10V, against charge to 4.20V. So, many users here prefer purchase of charger capable of both charge modes, and some of them use this mode also for Lipos (to achieve better service life).
Of course, third mode is LiFe for A123 cells. And perhaps there should be 4-th Lixx mode, for non-A123 LiFe cells, that are better charged to 3.80V, instead of 3.60V of A123. Common Life mode often charges to 3.70 which is some kind of compromise, but welcome as it also helps to fight charge lead resistance at high charge currents of A123)...
I dont want to confuse anyone, just to explain why I say - LiIon mode is not necessary, but it is welcome by many users.
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro