HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 25, 2008, 05:44 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,203 Posts
Hi!

I just recieved an upgraded firmware from Junsi, and it appears as they finally solved the slow balancing issue.
With the old firmware, I let the charge, which I documented here, run until this morning. The charger still not terminated the charge after 43h
Then I installed the new firmware, connected the same pack again, and the charge was finished in ~30min. Note that I set the balance to "slow" and balance tickle "on". Without that, it would likely have finished even faster.

Yesterday, I spent a beautiful day at the canal, driving my new Airboat. I made a couple 10A charges, until my lead acid battery was drained
Everything worked flawless, and my buddys consider buying such a charger, too

Cheers,

Julian
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2008, 07:54 AM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly
Very valid concerns. It appears to me that these units are still being made in fairly small batches which makes it possible to quickly respond to these issues and limit the number of customers affected. What stands out is that Junsi have never dodged an issue, have found and implemented fixes and have made good for anyone that had an unresolved problem with their unit. It is that attitude and behaviour that keeps me enthusiastic despite the problems.

I think the problem with the coil pressing against the inside edge of the case lid is one I would like to see some comment on from Junsi. Is there a fix planned for future builds ?
Do you have a financial interest?
Sisyphus is offline Find More Posts by Sisyphus
Old Jul 25, 2008, 07:59 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,203 Posts
The ignore function can really be a relief
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Jul 25, 2008, 08:00 AM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Jul 2005
1,038 Posts
Quote:
I just recieved an upgraded firmware from Junsi, and it appears as they finally solved the slow balancing issue.
I for one am very happy to hear this great news!
Phoenex is offline Find More Posts by Phoenex
Old Jul 25, 2008, 08:19 AM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Jul 2005
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
Do you have a financial interest?
Read the thread before posting or use the thread search function. Post 1023
Phoenex is offline Find More Posts by Phoenex
Old Jul 25, 2008, 08:25 AM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
So, to paraphrase another, "How tiny, is tiny?" (It depends on what "is," "is.") People with a stake in a matter seldom are totally objective. That's not a bad thing or a good thing, just a way of weighing what is said.
Sisyphus is offline Find More Posts by Sisyphus
Last edited by Sisyphus; Jul 25, 2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 09:20 AM
Joined Oct 2007
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
Hello,
Thanks for your concerns!
We are so sorry about these QC issues. Fortunately, we finally find solutions to these QC issues. As for the bad solder joints, we require our staff in factory to do soldering carefully and another person to be charging for QC. For the components shorting against case, we will do a little change to the inner cover. As for the banana sockets, we plan to change the current sockets into gilded banana sockets.

Best regards,
Harrief
Guys, if everybody had the same feelings about this charger, it would be a very dull thread. Here's my take on this-"if" this thing caused a fire, I'd be pretty upset if I lost something like my house. I'm not an engineer, but it looks and sounds like it could happen, then where would you be, even if you like to tinker?

Maybe it's not fair to compare, but I'll bet Ford wishes it had done more "development" before the old Pinto went on the market.

Tinkering is fun, but if there is any potential for danger, well, I don't think that's fun.

You can say it'll never happen, but you know what does happen.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure somebody will say so.
trustworthy97 is offline Find More Posts by trustworthy97
Old Jul 26, 2008, 02:41 PM
Joined Mar 2008
22 Posts
Hi,

I really like this charger and recently upgraded it to FW 3.06.

I'd like to suggest some additional features (wishlist):

-Special Mode Power supply:
Like Foam Cut, so adjustable voltage and current, but no time limit.
So the charger can be used as an power supply for all types of mobile devices ranging from cell phones to laptops.
-Display the amount of mAh per cell during balancing.
Showing the balanced mAh on a per cell basis could really help users to identify bad cells in their packs (e.g. 3s lipo, one cell balanced around 100mAh, other two cells just 20mAh).
-Determine the internal resistance of the connected pack (don't know if possible).

Just see those suggestions as wishes of which I think they could make this wonderfull charger even better

Kind regards
Michael
tantive is offline Find More Posts by tantive
Old Jul 26, 2008, 06:16 PM
Why's the rum always gone?
Beaver Falls, PA
Joined Apr 2004
342 Posts
I just updated mine to 3.06. other than having to tear into it a second time to remove my momentary switch to put it on upgrade mode that was a very pain free upgrade. A couple servo leads and USB-TTL converter. No need to search out special drivers, three easy to solder connections. I think both my Trirons may go up for sale so I can but a second 1010b.

Nice charger Junsi.
longhair is offline Find More Posts by longhair
Old Jul 27, 2008, 07:42 AM
QPower 18650
Sunshine Coast
Joined Jun 2006
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luky
So you don't have to worry about ordering it from China.
What is so worrying about ordering from China?
madhun1 is offline Find More Posts by madhun1
Old Jul 27, 2008, 09:25 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantive
Hi,

I really like this charger and recently upgraded it to FW 3.06.

I'd like to suggest some additional features (wishlist):

-Special Mode Power supply:
Like Foam Cut, so adjustable voltage and current, but no time limit.
So the charger can be used as an power supply for all types of mobile devices ranging from cell phones to laptops.
-Display the amount of mAh per cell during balancing.
Showing the balanced mAh on a per cell basis could really help users to identify bad cells in their packs (e.g. 3s lipo, one cell balanced around 100mAh, other two cells just 20mAh).
-Determine the internal resistance of the connected pack (don't know if possible).

Just see those suggestions as wishes of which I think they could make this wonderfull charger even better

Kind regards
Michael
Hello Michael,
Thanks for your feedbacks and your kind suggestion.
As for the Special power supply mode,"francu" has mentioned in post 1213
We are sorry to say that it's difficult for us to add this feature into our current chargers for we use MCU to adjust power supply, the adjusting reaction speed of MCU isn’t so fast as the power supply’s loading speed. If the power supply’s loading speed changes too fast, which may do damage to the charger. We will take this into consideration for our later chargers .

Best regards,
Junsi
junsi is online now Find More Posts by junsi
Old Jul 27, 2008, 09:38 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,081 Posts
Gilded banana sockets

Hello everybody,
We just got the gilded banana sockets from the factory, let’s see what them look like, see picture in attachment !

Best regards,
Junsi
Old Jul 28, 2008, 01:11 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
1)Dataloging via USB/SD Card
We plan to develop the next charger which support dataloging via USB .
2)Bidirectional PC Communication for charging parameters/monitoring
We will take this into consideration, now, we are study the "Logview" to see whether its suitable for our charger.
Does this mean that there will be no logging capability in future firmware versions for the current charger?
Discussing plans for a "next charger" before the current one is even stable, is perhaps not a smart move. Many people don't like to see new improved models released just after they bought the thing! Just have a look in the x last pages of the Hyperion Duo thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=790474

Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Jul 28, 2008, 02:25 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen
Does this mean that there will be no logging capability in future firmware versions for the current charger?
Discussing plans for a "next charger" before the current one is even stable, is perhaps not a smart move. Many people don't like to see new improved models released just after they bought the thing! Just have a look in the x last pages of the Hyperion Duo thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=790474

Fred
Hello flarssen,
Nice question!
The next charger is just a plan, we are now focus on improving the current 1010B and 106B, we won't release any new chargers until the current chargers become stable. We are serching for a way to add the logging capability to the current chargers in future firmware versions.
We welcome users to make wish list here, and glad to see that they share their great ideas with us.

Best regards,
Junsi
Old Jul 28, 2008, 02:46 AM
www.AProHobbies.com
USA, TX
Joined Feb 2005
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
Hi!

With the old firmware, I let the charge, which I documented here, run until this morning. The charger still not terminated the charge after 43h
Then I installed the new firmware, connected the same pack again, and the charge was finished in ~30min. Note that I set the balance to "slow" and balance tickle "on". Without that, it would likely have finished even faster.

Yesterday, I spent a beautiful day at the canal, driving my new Airboat. I made a couple 10A charges, until my lead acid battery was drained
Everything worked flawless, and my buddys consider buying such a charger, too

Cheers,

Julian
Is this a new firmware of is that the V3.06? Im glad to hear that they slow balance is gone, thats the exact problem I reported in earlier posts. Btw, I got an extra one of these if anyone is interested.
ptt81 is offline Find More Posts by ptt81