HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2008, 01:00 PM
Munich, Germany
Joined Nov 2003
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizky_p
Can we start making a Wish List for next Charger from Junsi?
Better make a wishlist, what we like to be added to THIS charger

OK, if I think about it, that's what we are doing here...

- Oliver
Smeagle is offline Find More Posts by Smeagle
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2008, 01:12 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,833 Posts
750 watts as in 20S X 3.65. @ 10A or 10 S @ 20A. 10-26 volts DC input ,1-2 amp. balancing power.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Jul 21, 2008, 03:32 PM
One cell short of a Pack
Good ole Smithsburg, MD
Joined Mar 2007
1,910 Posts
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ I 'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!* /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

cheers,
Steve

*cheesy quote from the original "Robocop" movie meaning I agree whole-heartedly
steve1814 is offline Find More Posts by steve1814
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:17 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
iChargers and the Maxpro Accelerator

Another interesting use of the Motor DRV function is to drive this 5-way 3S balance charge adapter from Maxpro:

Accelerator 3s
Specifications
1. Supports 3cells Li-Polymer batteries
2. Balance charge up to 5 sets at the same time without same pack capacity & cell voltage
3. Charge current: 1A / cell
4. Voltage detection precision: 10mV

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpro
we'd like let the accelerator can work with any generic lipo chargers, but it's depend on their function, as i know iCharger can support our accelerator with their MOTOR TEST function, but it's not optimized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpro
Yes, we have tested the accelerator under iCharger, but with their MOTOR TEST mode , the output voltage is a little difference as we want, so the effect is not good enough. and there is a time limit in the mode, the time limit is not enough for our accelerator, that's why i said " not optimized".
The device is not yet available but if you want to track it then see this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...770389&page=46
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Jul 21, 2008, 09:50 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shurcooL
Hello Junsi,

Just a quick question: is there any timeframe or information for when an iCharger 106B will be avaliable with a (mini-)USB port built-in to allow for easy plug-n-play firmware updates?

Or are there no plans yet to offer that anytime soon?

Also: Where can I buy some 106B/1010B balance adapter boards/cables?

Thanks!
Hello,
Nice questions!
Actually, the 106B with a USB port built-in to allow for easy plug-n-play firmware updates is under consideration. But there is no timeframe for it now, it will take time.
As for the balance board and cables, you may find help here: http://www.eheli.com.au/store/home.php, they design different balance boards and cables by themselves!

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is online now Find More Posts by junsi
Old Jul 22, 2008, 02:41 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Hello

Quote:
Originally posted by rizky_p ,
Can we start making a Wish List for next Charger from Junsi?
Of course ! We highly appreciate a wish list you guys want to make, then we can know the real needs of our customers.
Quote:
Originally posted by Smeagle,
Better make a wishlist, what we like to be added to THIS charger

OK, if I think about it, that's what we are doing here...
Canít wait to seeing this wish list !!!

Regards,
Junsi
Old Jul 22, 2008, 02:47 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
750 watts as in 20S X 3.65. @ 10A or 10 S @ 20A. 10-26 volts DC input ,1-2 amp. balancing power.

Charles
Hello Charles,
Thanks for your suggestion!
750 watts, awesome
We will expand the maximum capacity of our products step by step .We plan to develop chargers whose capacity falls within 500 watts !

Best regards,
Junsi
Old Jul 22, 2008, 03:02 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger-b
Hi Junsi - almost correct
I disconnected the pack from the charger whilst it was still in the charge phase, and the pack had accepted 1718 m/a. With the pack disconnected, but the charger still "running" the voltage display increased to the levels I mentioned - I did NOT receive any messgae about the pack being disconnected.
Hello badger-b,
We have made a test as what you set. Sorry to say that we didin't say anything wrong with the cycle mode ! Does your charger occur such odd thing occasionally or everytime when using the cycle mode?

Best regards,
Junsi
Old Jul 22, 2008, 03:32 AM
Trondheim, Norway
Joined Jun 2003
2,807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
We plan to develop chargers whose capacity falls within 500 watts !
IMHO, Charles is on to something with his suggestion!

T
thomanie is online now Find More Posts by thomanie
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2008, 03:48 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
The only existing demand for 500-1000W chargers comes from A123 users since their packs can be safely charged at 20A or more. For those users, right now the best solution for such high power charging IMO is a Mastech CCCV power supply:

Mastech HY3010E-3 Dual 30V/10A (600W) - charge two A123 packs at the same time (up to 8s) or a single pack up to 15s at up to 10A or a single pack up to 8s at up to 20A (~USD$278)

Mastech HY5020E, Single 50V/20A (1000W) - charge a single A123 pack up to 13s at up to 20A (~USD$258)

You need to use an inline watt meter to monitor the mAh if you want that information and they need AC power, so to meet the requirement of running from a deep-cycle battery (bank!) you have to add a suitably rated inverter.

While not as convenient as a purpose-designed charger and not up to 20S @10A (but certainly capable of 10S @ 20A) the Mastech offer a fairly good solution for the power hounds
Old Jul 22, 2008, 03:55 AM
Trondheim, Norway
Joined Jun 2003
2,807 Posts
I still want to charge my 6S 10.000mah lipos at a full 1C. Missing some ~50W with todays 1010B, so >200W is on my wishlist

But, yes, a Mastech is probably the currently best option if you only fly A123s... A "2020B" could remedy both of those "painpoints".

Just my 2cents

T
thomanie is online now Find More Posts by thomanie
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2008, 04:16 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Quote:
A "2020B" could remedy both of those "painpoints".
Quite so . However but it would be a limited market IMO.

Consider that a theoretical 10s/20A/400W charger would draw about 42A @ 12V or 21A @ 24V. I think that a device rated for over 40A input current would be large and expensive so in all likelihood full power would only be available at 24V (even 21A input is quite hefty).

A minority of users have 24V sources so few would be able to access the full rated output power. And of course only a minority have the need at the moment.

As an A123 user, I am not denying that a 1020 or 2020 would be nice to have, but perhaps not the best target for developing volume sales.
Last edited by kgfly; Jul 22, 2008 at 06:36 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 04:29 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
I hope that any charger I will own, will have standard serial data available /accessible inside. Whether there will be module converting it into USB or not, is not important to me - I am afraid of common ground of charger power supply and PC, and I never ever run charger out of power supply if connected to PC by metalic wires.

- I have serial Bluetooth module inserted into chargers, which sends out charger data in simple SPP profile, and can connect easily with any notebook automaticaly (PC remembers connection and establishes it automaticaly after running LogView). Perhaps in the future, there will be applet for mobile phone or GPS navigation to use it at the field. I need simple serial data to use this. ( Junsi, what about price comparison of Rayson BTM-222 or BTM-112 SPP BT modules, versus price of USB conversion?)
- It would be usable for me to attach SD card into charger and time to time look at the charge graphs stored there. Solution is quite easy with serial data and simple atmel mcu, but I can not imagine simple solution driving USB host to do the same.
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Jul 22, 2008, 04:32 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
what about to develop an external "connectivity box" with all those BT, Raysons or what ever?
alex.guzun is offline Find More Posts by alex.guzun
Old Jul 22, 2008, 04:43 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
There is no developing, there are 3 wires directly from charger to module. Ground, power, and data out.. I do not believe in bluetooth so much to use also "Data in" for charger upgrade.
I know that 1010B currently do not send out the data, and connectivity is used only for upgrades. However, I think and hope that upgrades will not grow forever like with M$Windows, and once the development and bugfixes will finish, there will be no need for usb to use the charger at all.
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro