SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:24 PM
Joined Oct 2009
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerard71 View Post
Anyone knows how to use this cable:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=27094
Banana plugs go into charger output, JST-XH goes into charger balancing port, JST-PH goes into batteries?
Did you see the connection of the cable? Mains go into balancer plug left and right pin directly. Is this ok?
gerard71 is offline Find More Posts by gerard71
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:33 PM
Too much is just not enough...
Joined Jan 2009
1,045 Posts
Quote:
Did you see the connection of the cable? Mains go into balancer plug left and right pin directly. Is this ok?
It is OK.

I use two of these setup in parallel. Since the UMX batteries of this size charge from the balance tap, the connection you point out supplies the charge current to the battery from the balance tap too.
Woody_99 is offline Find More Posts by Woody_99
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:33 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipoflyer View Post
Junsi, Will there be a firmware update for NiZn batteries?
Thanks for your support on our products, our engineers will study if it is feasible for the battery you mentioned, and keep you informed if have any update.

Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:45 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalix View Post
Hello guys,

I'm using iChargers since several years and without any problem. I have two 106B+ and another two 1010B+. Now i'm suffering some kind of programmed obsolescence or something like that.....

All of them with the 3.14 firmware version

One of the 106B+ resets whenever I start any kind of charge.

Both of the 1010B+ have the same problem, they are unable to charge my 2x5S Lipos returning Bal. Error or Vout Error. No problem if I charge 1x5S using the first balancing port. If I monitor the Lipos (charged at 4.xx volts) the first five cells, the ones on the first balance port seem to return normal values, but the cells on the second port incorrectly display 2.xx volts all of them. I have changed the balancing connector plate on both chargers with same results. I also tried to calibrate but the volatge difference is too high.
About the 106b+, please press STOP button and electrify the charger to upgrade to the V3.14 again,check if it can solve your problem.

And the 1010B+, plug second 5S battery pack into the charger without any balance board directly, check if the problem was caused by the charger or the balance?

Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:14 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,747 Posts
Hi Junsi

I have a 206b and it is a great charger, in fact it's the best charger I have ever owned and am thinking of buying another icharger, however I seem to have a problem when using storage cycle, if discharging a pack/s, it doesn't bring them down enough, most of the time it finishes at 3.91 per cell, I checked the setting and it is 11.4 on a 3s pack, can you please advise.
aeromaniac is online now Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:30 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromaniac View Post
I have a 206b and it is a great charger, in fact it's the best charger I have ever owned and am thinking of buying another icharger, however I seem to have a problem when using storage cycle, if discharging a pack/s, it doesn't bring them down enough, most of the time it finishes at 3.91 per cell, I checked the setting and it is 11.4 on a 3s pack, can you please advise.
3.91V is fine for storage, but to get closer to the set voltage, you need to set "Discharge reduce" (in settings menu) to around 10%, or else the voltage will jump up some when discharge finishes.

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:31 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post
3.91V is fine for storage, but to get closer to the set voltage, you need to set "Discharge reduce" (in settings menu) to around 10%, or else the voltage will jump up some when discharge finishes.

Fred
if 3.91 is ok then it makes quicker to charge up my packs, mmm 😃👍
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:46 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,760 Posts
The OK storage range for LiPoly is 3.7 to 4.0 V per cell. I choose 3.85 approx. 7 years ago as a standard since it is mid point of that range. For short term such as a week or so 4.0 per cell is fine however it is best to use the lower end of the ranger for longer term storage.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Sep 27, 2012 at 06:31 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:01 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,747 Posts
Thanks for the replies, if it's not broke then I'm not fixing it lol.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:55 AM
Ignint McNugget
behind Jaggi lines
Joined Jan 2004
907 Posts
The storage discharge termination voltage question comes up frequently in this thread.

It could be avoided if Junsi made the default setting from the factory for discharge reduce "ON", and "5%" or some similar low value like that. I cannot see any harm in such a default setting, but it would certainly avoid a lot of confusion.
Rumple is offline Find More Posts by Rumple
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:28 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,760 Posts
Quote:
I cannot see any harm in such a default setting,
It would cause extended discharge to X volts times and give a fasle capacity reading. If I set a discharge rate of 5A to 3.3 per cell then that is waht I want not 5A to 3.3 then .330 to finish the discharge. If you were doing cycles it would take forever.

What would help is purchasers taking the time to read the Owner's Manual.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:26 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,306 Posts
It would help to set a fixed discharge reduce of, like, 5%, as mentioned above, only in the storage program.

The discharge reduce that affects all other discharges shold be independent.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:42 AM
Joined Oct 2009
58 Posts
What does the % setting of Discharge reduce mean?
If I set this to 5% LiPo storage will stop at 3.85V - 5% (.1925V) = 3.6575V per cell?

Here is the explanation from the manual:
Discharge reduce setting. When you set it to ―ON‖,If the final voltage target
storage voltage is reached, the buzzer will beep for three times, and the left
of the second line display "D>>", and the charger enters into the high
precision discharge process. The process won‘t stop until the current
reaches xx% of the configured discharge current.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:04 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,312 Posts
It continues to discharge after target voltage is reached, gradually lowering current to maintain that voltage, until the current has dropped to xx% of the configured discharge current.
This is exactly the same as it does when charging, only the other way around..
If the charger had stopped immediately when 4.2V was reached during charging, pack voltage would drop significantly too.

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:24 AM
Joined Oct 2009
58 Posts
Quote:
The process won‘t stop until the current
reaches xx% of the configured discharge current.
This sentence is not clear to me. Do I have to set Discharge Reduce to 95% to stop LiPo storage at 3.6575V per cell?