HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:23 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxed View Post
The unit is non-responsive with this message. It is continuously beeping and none of the buttons respond. When you say short the output, do you mean connect the positive to negative output terminals when the message appears?
Sorry for the trouble caused, please check the PM we have sent to you.

Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Hi. I bought iCharger206B and IMAX-B6. I have an LSD Eneloop batteries HG-3UTGA. They are fresh. Regularly maintained. I digitized the graph of the discharge Eneloop HG-3UTGA, which lead developers. data_sheet I spent a bit of their batteries , discharge current =1A ... and iCharger206B, and the IMAX-B6...(LogView)
Here's the schedule

Question. Why are my graphics are so low? Who's to blame? iCharger206B? Eneloop?
(I just asked a question.)
Alex.
Alexp007 is offline Find More Posts by Alexp007
Last edited by Alexp007; Aug 13, 2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:17 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,540 Posts
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Last edited by SnowDog1974; Aug 13, 2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: retracted
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:38 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexp007 View Post
Hi. I bought iCharger206B and IMAX-B6. I have an LSD Eneloop batteries HG-3UTGA. They are fresh. Regularly maintained. I digitized the graph of the discharge Eneloop HG-3UTGA, which lead developers. data_sheet I spent a bit of their batteries , discharge current =1A ... and iCharger206B, and the IMAX-B6...(LogView)
Here's the schedule

Question. Why are my graphics are so low? Who's to blame? iCharger206B? Eneloop?
(I just asked a question.)
Alex.
Welcome to RCG. I can't see that your graphs are low. They are as I would expect.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:52 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,812 Posts
1900 mAh delivered down to 1V under a 1A load is rather good.
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:50 AM
Munich, Germany
Joined Nov 2003
511 Posts
Nominal voltage is 1.2V. You are above 1.2V most of the time, so look good?

If you think it should be more, try to measure the voltage drop! Get the voltage directly from the cell while the discharge is running and compare it to the voltage shown on the charger.

- Oliver
Smeagle is offline Find More Posts by Smeagle
Old Aug 14, 2012, 04:37 AM
France
Joined May 2008
22 Posts
Another 106B+ with black boxes on upper LCD...

Hello,
This morning, my 106B+ froze at power on on usual startup menu (buttons were not working).
I powered it off/on and now I get a upper line of black boxes on the LCD straight at power on (after 0,5sec).
I tried to find a fix on this thread, as it seems that many people have this type of failure already : Zulan here / chicocheco here / blurz28 here

I tried to upgrade firmware with 3.14 and upgrader 1.6. I installed USB drivers and pressed Stop button on power on. Upgrader can see my charger (it gives S/N on the description) but is unable to upgrade (Connecting --> Connecting again --> Device not found).

I'm a bit electronic experienced and would prefer to try to fix it by myself if possible (Post shipping rates are over expensive where I live if I need to send it back...)

Has anyone here managed to fix black boxes on LCD ?
ZonK.
zonk_1976 is offline Find More Posts by zonk_1976
Last edited by zonk_1976; Aug 15, 2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:23 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Ok - I'm hoping some of your charging and/or iCharger gurus can help me out. I've searched this thread and seen this topic but have yet to see the actual solution or understand the issue that is creating the problem.

First - a disclaimer and some background. I'm a moron when it comes to all things electrical. I'm an accountant by trade and this stuff is like learning Mandarin to me. Secondly - I've read through the manual several times and while I see certain things that could point to my issue, the lingo and terminology loses me before the documentation even begins to provide insight for me. SO... it's not without trying on my part that I haven't figured this out. I was about to call Dale and EPBuddy (since I bought my charger from him - great guy and excellent customer service by the way) but he's at a show this week so I figured I'd start here.

Anyway - I have an iCharger 3010B and a Meanwell 1000W power supply. I'm using a paraboard as well. All of these were purchased at EPBuddy.com.

I have no problems balance charging any of my 3s or 4s batteries but I have an intermittent problem when attempting to charge my 2s batteries. I use Hyperion 2s batts, Gens Ace 2s batter, and TP 2s Batts for my UMX Beast, mCPx, and 130x. The problem exists no matter which brand of battery. SOMETIMES as soon as I plug in the balance lead into my paraboard I get a "VOUT OVER" message in the bottom right hand portion of the screen where it would normally auto detect the cell count for my batteries.

I can't say with any certainty but at times it seems I can remedy this by either wiggling the wires of the parabaord or by changing the balance tap on the paraboard (although sometimes one works and sometimes it doesn't so it's not that one of the taps appears to be bad or anything). Actually - for the past day or so it's been fine. But before this I couldn't get it to work no matter what and I just had to charge instead of balance charge my packs.

I've purchased a new paraboard thinking that might be the issue but no dice. Same issue.

I would THINK that this is some sort of electrical issue if I can remedy it by wiggling the wires on the paraboard but I'm not certain that this is the reason.

After reading through the manual I'm wondering if page 13 is trying to clue me in to what my issue might be but I couldn't follow all the lingo in order to do the math.

What I CAN tell you is that whenever this happens I can manually test each battery (using a voltage checker) to determine that my cell voltages on each battery are normal (3.8ish) so it's not like the batteries have over discharged.

Any thoughts? If there's any additional information I can provide please let me know. I'm wondering if something is wrong with the iCharger or if it's just a setting?

Thanks in advance!
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:36 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,812 Posts
Quote:
I use Hyperion 2s batts, Gens Ace 2s batter, and TP 2s Batts for my UMX Beast, mCPx, and 130x.
My first guess is if you are using those standard connectors there is your problem. I would use some DeoxIT D5 on the battery and para connectors and see if that helps.

Charles
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:38 PM
Too much is just not enough...
Joined Jan 2009
1,057 Posts
How are you connecting the 2S cells to the paraboard?
Not sure of the connector configuration, but you probably have changed something to use the Beast type UMX connector.

Something similar happened to me when using a parallel adapter for the Beast batteries, plugged into the paraboard charging via the balance tap.
As I recall it had to do with leaving that parallel adapter plugged in, while also plugging batteries straight into the paraboard.
Probably not your issue, but something to consider if you using adapters for the Beast type connector to the paraboard.
Woody_99 is online now Find More Posts by Woody_99
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:44 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
My first guess is if you are using those standard connectors there is your problem. I would use some DeoxIT D5 on the battery and para connectors and see if that helps.

Charles
Interesting. One thing to note though.

For the Gens Ace and Glaciers (forgot to mention the Glaciers) I'm using a JST to Deans adpatper and then connecting those directly to the paraboard. For the TP's and Hyperions I'm using a parallel charge cable going directly into the charger and only using the paraboard for balancing.

I get this issue in either scenario. You still think using the DeOxIt is a possible solution? It's a cheap thing to try I suppose. Can I get that at my local hardward store or should I just order it from Amazon. I'm impatient so if I can get from Lowes or Home Depot then I'll pick some up tonight.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:48 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_99 View Post
How are you connecting the 2S cells to the paraboard?
Not sure of the connector configuration, but you probably have changed something to use the Beast type UMX connector.

Something similar happened to me when using a parallel adapter for the Beast batteries, plugged into the paraboard charging via the balance tap.
As I recall it had to do with leaving that parallel adapter plugged in, while also plugging batteries straight into the paraboard.
Probably not your issue, but something to consider if you using adapters for the Beast type connector to the paraboard.
Could be. See my post above (which was posted after you chimed in) but I see this issue when using a JST to Deans adapter (when going from my Gens Ace or Glacier to the Paraboard directly) OR when using the parallel Beast adapter cable plugged directly into the iCharger.

I can test both of these scenarios out by unplugging the charge connector to the iCharger while plugging the batteries in and THEN plugging the charger connector (be it the paraboard or the parallel charge lead) to the iCharger.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:15 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,812 Posts
SOme Radio Shack stores carry DeoxIT . I order mine from sweetwater.com

WD40 help a little sometimes but does not last. Everytime I have had a iCharger give an error it has been a connection issue. Dirty contacts,worn /loose contacts,broken / frayed leads, bad factory crimp,cold factor solder joint etc..

Charles
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:35 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
SOme Radio Shack stores carry DeoxIT . I order mine from sweetwater.com

WD40 help a little sometimes but does not last. Everytime I have had a iCharger give an error it has been a connection issue. Dirty contacts,worn /loose contacts,broken / frayed leads, bad factory crimp,cold factor solder joint etc..

Charles
Interesting. Do you use the spray kind or the kind with an applicator?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:09 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Dec 2003
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Interesting. Do you use the spray kind or the kind with an applicator?
I noticed that you live in North Carolina, How is the humidity these days? Perhaps as suspected it is a corrosion issue. WD40 in any form, its all the same, Deoxit or any other plastic safe electronic contact cleaner would be ok.

Electronics like cool dry environments.
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR