HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2012, 01:58 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AURORA60 View Post
Junsi,
I've been trying to get my 106B+ to work with Logview but keep getting an error message: "COM port can't be opened"

I reinstalled the Logview program and the Junsi USB driver and still the same.
I also tried to register onto Logview for their support but they ask a random question? "beGrlin-G" I have not idea what that is all about.

Please help,
DM
Maybe the problem was caused by the USB driver, try to fix it via reinstalling the latest one from the first post.

Junsi
junsi is online now Find More Posts by junsi
Last edited by junsi; Jul 24, 2012 at 02:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2012, 02:34 AM
Munich, Germany
Joined Nov 2003
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeagle View Post
Hi,

My 1010B killed itself while discharging to storage

It was discharging, fan was running and it was not very hot but warm. Then suddenly it showed error: "Input vol err - low voltage".

Now, when I connect to power supply, it first shows correct input voltage (13.xx V) and output voltage (0V). When I connect battery it still shows correct Vi but Vo is shown much too low (should be ~14V). And when I finally connect ballancer port, it first shows Vi=0V for a short time and then the error again: "Input vol err - low voltage".

I made a small video to show this:

http://youtu.be/Ue3Q8l8iNHc

I guess, some "high power part" is broken as it happend on discharge with maximum power. Can anyone tell me which part it is from these symptoms? I can solder and swap parts, but I am not that good at reading circuits

Thanks,
- Oliver
Any ideas?
Smeagle is offline Find More Posts by Smeagle
Old Jul 24, 2012, 03:02 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeagle View Post
Any ideas?
Please check the PM we have sent to you, thanks.

Junsi
junsi is online now Find More Posts by junsi
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:52 AM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tug View Post
Suddenly Turnigy 5s 2200 mah is reading 3.6v on cell #4 and all others 3.85 on my 106B.I have checked the battery on a Hyperion eos checker and all is fine,then put it on my Acucell 6 and it also reads it correctly.I am apprehensive to use the I Charger on this battery because it is my thought it will overcharge this cell,has anybody had this problem.I am going to charge it up until that cell hits 4.10 and see what it reads i balance from storage.
The i charger is charging this cell too high,there's something wrong with the balance plug on the charger side.The battery charges up in perfect balance on the acucell 6 all at 4.19v and all cells read in balance on the volt meter,this also tells me the balance plug on the battery is fine.
The Tug is offline Find More Posts by The Tug
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:58 AM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,030 Posts
Have you attempted the calibration routine as described in the attachment in post #1 of this thread?

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:06 AM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes500Bob View Post

This power supply is over 50 years old and still works fine! Not a single chip inside.
Electro Model NFB 0-32 volts at 15 amps.

Hughes500Bob,

Do you use this supply to power you iCharger?

TIA,

Jim
jrb is offline Find More Posts by jrb
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:07 AM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,429 Posts
Ripple spec?

Hi Junsi!

Do you by chance have a spec or know how tolerant an iCharger is to ripple on its input/supply power -- in other words could a Linear or Ferroresonant power supply be used?

I'm guessing a 50 year old supply like Hughes500Bob's is not a switcher.

TIA,

Jim
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:22 AM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,429 Posts
Can iChargers be powered off a “running” car?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:30 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb View Post
Can iChargers be powered off a “running” car?
Jim I think you just need to start a dedicated thread to discuss every whacky power source idea you come up with

A quick google search turns up a lot of people saying it's fine, just recommend not connecting the charger till after starting the car. Not really that different from the people who use a car battery to filter the output of a pb charger as a power supply.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:16 AM
Joined Sep 2006
9 Posts
hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR View Post
Does the charger do this when powered by a battery?
ive not tried that yet. ive got another power supply that can do 20A@12V made by enermax that i might try.

what is a good AC supply to use? i have access to some old server PSU's also.
cypher007 is offline Find More Posts by cypher007
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:18 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher007 View Post
ive not tried that yet. ive got another power supply that can do 20A@12V made by enermax that i might try.

what is a good AC supply to use? i have access to some old server PSU's also.
A lot of people run 2 server psu's in series since you need 24V to max out the charger. You just have to properly modify them. Do a search in the forum on your model number, there's instructions for a lot of them.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:21 AM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post

Jim I think you just need to start a dedicated thread to discuss every whacky power source idea you come up with
Not very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post

A quick google search turns up a lot of people saying it's fine, just recommend not connecting the charger till after starting the car. Not really that different from the people who use a car battery to filter the output of a pb charger as a power supply.
Exactly -- typical car spec is 0.5V of ripple; why can't the above posts be answered?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:30 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,368 Posts
Quote:
Not very nice.
All in good fun Jim.
Quote:
Exactly -- typical car spec is 0.5V of ripple; why can't the above posts be answered?
My guess they don't want to say because they would rather people use a quality supply then push it to the limits and blow it up. Or they never really determined it. While they may know ripple tolerance for individual components it's possible they have never really figured out just how bad of an input it can tolerate long term.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:53 AM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,030 Posts
Yes, it's absolutely acceptable to use any iCharger from a running automobile without issue, provided the alternator and regulator are in acceptable working order.

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:59 AM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth View Post

... provided the alternator and regulator are in acceptable working order.
Quite a valuable contribution!