HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:49 PM
RC Helicopter Pilot
United States, CA, Westminster
Joined Mar 2010
1,696 Posts
EP Buddy has combo deals but Progressive is usually a little cheaper.
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...6405ettt064qr2
TheWoodCrafter is offline Find More Posts by TheWoodCrafter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:51 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,880 Posts
There's no doubt that you'll be happy with your 206B and the service you'll receive from David.
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:16 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi View Post
the polarity reversal protection function will fail to work if you first plug the reversed batteries then power on the charger, but the protection still works if you had powered on the charger then plug the batteries with reversed polarity.
Thanks for the warning. What if balance port is connected first (like recommended) and the battery positive is plugged into the negative output of the charger. Would that be OK?

Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:09 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,334 Posts
Junsi, wow...you're also protecting against reverse battery with no power. I like that you own the issue, too. I wish more engineers were like that.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:12 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post
Thanks for the warning. What if balance port is connected first (like recommended) and the battery positive is plugged into the negative output of the charger. Would that be OK?

Fred
No, it will damage when power on after plugging the batteries of reversal polarity into the output, not related with the balance port.

Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Old Jul 12, 2012, 06:43 AM
Italy, Piemonte, Casale Monferrato
Joined Jun 2010
6 Posts
Correction: my friend, the owner of the charger and the one who did the damage, to me told a lie. He plug the lipo in the right direction on the charger while the charger was connected reversed on power supply. I apologize for reporting the wrong version of the facts.
since he has said a lie to me making me cut a poor figure with all of you my friend will buy a new one, I'll keep this for me i hope to repair it with 5 and 10 minutes of work
dea90 is offline Find More Posts by dea90
Old Jul 12, 2012, 07:32 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWoodCrafter View Post
EP Buddy has combo deals but Progressive is usually a little cheaper.
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...6405ettt064qr2
I've always found it varies based on what you're buying. If you want a 306b or a 310b the free paraboard from EPBuddy makes them cheaper in the end then Progressive.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:03 PM
Flying from Vic Park
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
2,208 Posts
EP Buddy were out of stock of the combo so I went with Progressive, I ordered the XT60 parallel charging board as well. Once I get it then I can start paralleling charging my batteries, are any tips or tricks a first time parallel charger needs to be aware of?
Great_Goose is offline Find More Posts by Great_Goose
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:41 AM
Italy
Joined Oct 2005
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy1 View Post
X junsi

new battery http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...alog/25025.jpg

Shot at 2012-07-05

probably will work well with photocameras

upgrade firmware for this new battery, is required!

galaxy1 is offline Find More Posts by galaxy1
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:58 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dea90 View Post
Correction: my friend, the owner of the charger and the one who did the damage, to me told a lie. He plug the lipo in the right direction on the charger while the charger was connected reversed on power supply. I apologize for reporting the wrong version of the facts.
since he has said a lie to me making me cut a poor figure with all of you my friend will buy a new one, I'll keep this for me i hope to repair it with 5 and 10 minutes of work
Lot of that going around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dea90 View Post
Hello, I have an iCharger 3010b and I accidentally plugged the lipo reversed and I started charging. The cb has smoked even though in theory there is protection against polarity reversal, the component went up in smoke you can see it here

is a mosfet of the international rectifier, this https://ec.irf.com/v6/en/US/adirect/...D=IRFB3306GPBF.
question for Junsi: why the polarity protection did not work?
Thanks to all for your responses
Matteo

ps. i bought it from hobbyking
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jul 14, 2012, 04:45 AM
Surrey, B.C.
Joined Feb 2004
402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
I've always found it varies based on what you're buying. If you want a 306b or a 310b the free paraboard from EPBuddy makes them cheaper in the end then Progressive.
But Progressive will normally match any other authorized dealer deals
Mach3 is online now Find More Posts by Mach3
Old Jul 14, 2012, 04:18 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,085 Posts
When I discharge with my 106 regardless if I have regenerative discharge on or off I only can discharge around 1.1-1.2A. Regen off is when I am on my power supply and regen on is when it is connected to my car. I have tried setting the initial discharge set rate in many settings between 4 and 10 amps. Might there be a parameter setting I am missing? I did change the W from 15 to 20 but that just increased it a little to 1.6 but with it on the PS but is that also a limit for regen dsg to?
Ohio AV8TOR is online now Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Last edited by Ohio AV8TOR; Jul 14, 2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:40 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,547 Posts
specs. listed in the first post of this thread. 106 has max. discharge of 20 watts however it does seem a bit strange if this is a;so the Regen max .

You are aware that during Regen. that Dsc. will be limited if the Pb is fully or close to fully charged? Charger will reduce the charge into the Pb to protect it from overcharging / damage. That is one of the limiting parts of Regen. Often it is necessary to put a load such as lights on the Pb to reduce its' voltage so charger can dump more junice into it.
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Jul 14, 2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 06:17 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
specs. listed in the first post of this thread. 106 has max. discharge of 20 watts however it does seem a bit strange if this is a;so the Regen max .

You are aware that during Regen. that Dsc. will be limited if the Pb is fully or close to fully charged? Charger will reduce the charge into the Pb to protect it from overcharging / damage. That is one of the limiting parts of Regen. Often it is necessary to put a load such as lights on the Pb to reduce its' voltage so charger can dump more junice into it.
Thanks Charles as it was my car battery and it was most likely fully charged that was probably it.
Ohio AV8TOR is online now Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:13 AM
Joined Jul 2012
1 Posts
Icharger copy ?

Hi all i have 2 request to junsi ...
i have see a new icharger today :
Voltz 6250

it looks like the 106b+

Junsi whats is that ?

and segond :
the icharger have a limit on the regen discharge : 10Amps regen or 7Amps discharge
i think its a mistake because the charger doesnt get heat on regen discharge

* i think it can accept easily 20Amps on a regen discharge output
* max discharge current will be 10Amps /!\ only on regen discharge /!\
* autaumatic limit (in wats ) is alrady set if charger start discharging internaly

i prefer to delete the external discharge because if we have a big lith bulb...
the charger take 150W before the lamp is warming !!! (5 sec for me)
i use an short circuit switch to "warm my lamp" before starting icharger external discharge

all ist quite ok i wait the 3.15 version Thanks
SERVEUR is offline Find More Posts by SERVEUR