HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:36 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusilin View Post
I've discovered a problem with my trusty 106b+ that is driving me nuts. When charging 2 cell batteries it works perfectly, but some days ago I tried some new 3 cell batteries for my transmitter and found that the first cell is giving weird voltage readings, and also when measuring IR, it is giving about 50 when the two other cells are in 8. I've tried with other friends batteries from other manufacturers, and all of them are giving the same problems, so I assume it's a charger problem.

Do you think that using the calibration procedure could solve this? I'm not sure because with 2 cells the readings are perfect, and the problem with 3 cells is in the first cell ...
I think I got it. It's the internal balancing connector, the first pin for the 3-cell connector is not connected. Funny enough, I've checked my other charger (imax) and there is also a broken track in the balance connector, in this case for the third pin.

Why is this happening? I don't remember to have connected any bad or reversed battery... maybe this is a result for connecting first the main connectors and then the balancing connector?
gusilin is offline Find More Posts by gusilin
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:31 AM
Joined Apr 2012
1 Posts
how to repair icharger 206b

I have icharger i206b for 10 Months.
Yesterday I charged 12v 52 a/h PB battery for a car and at night my
icharger has broken.
It is not started and has a bad smell.
I think it was problems with input voltage during charging process.

Could you advice which RC spare parts were destroyed?
What is the most common spare parts for destroyed ?
AleXis6 is offline Find More Posts by AleXis6
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:02 AM
It's just a plane.
USA, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Aug 2010
2,104 Posts
Quick question regarding storage mode. When I finish flying I always put my batteries back to storage capacity. This past weekend the weather suddenly turned bad and I came home with 6 fully charged 2200 3S Batteries. I used the storage mode program on the charger and it took over 3 hours to put them all into storage mode. I did have all 6 connected at once. Is there a faster way to get them into storage mode? For example should I first run the discharge program and discharge them and then run storage? Is there a way to have the charger apply a higher load or something to the batteries to discharge them faster?

I'm using the i206b that I bought from ProgressiveRC. Thanks in advance for your advice.
ZackJones is offline Find More Posts by ZackJones
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:23 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,288 Posts
Discharge power is the limiting factor, so no advantage in doing a full discharge first.
This can be expanded by using regenerative discharge, as explained in the manual.

Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:23 AM
Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
449 Posts
Snap Fred beat me too it

Discharge mode works the same as storage mode, you will be limited by the maximum discharge power of the charger

Cheers
crusey_aus is offline Find More Posts by crusey_aus
Old Apr 14, 2012, 06:05 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,082 Posts
car running while charging

Will my 106B+ work ok when connected to my car batterie while the car is running?

Also what would be a safe charge rate to use while its on my car?

I usually charge my 6S 2650 lipos at 9.9Amps on my DC power supply

Cheers
evltoy is online now Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:03 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,958 Posts
Absolutely, it'll work just fine. No problem at all operating a 106B+ up to full output when being powered by a running car.

As it will be drawing over 20 amps when charging 6S at 9.9A, it would be wisest to connect directly to the battery and use heavy gauge wire between car battery and charger, while maintaining a safe distance between lipoly being charged and your engine compartment.

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 14, 2012, 08:08 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,082 Posts
thank you very much for the reply Mark.

I'll be using the std wire that is on the charger straight to the battery.

So it looks like I would also be ok to run the charger at 2c (5.2amps) with the car not running. I Would just need to start the car after to put some charge back into the car battery before next charge.
evltoy is online now Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:25 AM
Sweden
Joined Sep 2007
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Avant View Post
Hi everyone......I've just purchased an icharger 306b, a week ago. I've used it about a dozen times and some of the buttons are getting a little off(leaning to one side) and sticking. This might of been covered in here some where but i thought I'd ask anyway. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.
I have this exact problem with my new iCharger 306b. I noticed right away that the right most button was sitting a little lower and leaning to one side. It didnīt have the same "click" to it as the other three buttons had. But it worked fine so no big deal.

I bought the charger a week ago and have used it to charge about 10 packs. The button still works but it is getting less and less of a "click" feeling to it. I have to push on the high end of the button to make it click. It still works if I push it in the center but it doesnīt spring back clearly and I donīt hear a click. Kind of annoying.

I wasnīt able to find many posts about this issue so it doesnīt seem like a common problem? Is there a simple fix or do I have to live with it hoping it wonīt effect functionality in the long run? Is it returnable because of this?
Freddan is offline Find More Posts by Freddan
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:22 AM
United States, NY, East Setauket
Joined Jan 2012
94 Posts
What does "Charged Capacity" mean?

Maybe somebody can shed some light on the subject.
I have a 306B and am successfully charging 160mAh 1S batteries for my mSRX using the Hyperion UM Parallel board. It's totally awesome!
My question is this: How do I interpret the display on the iCharger's Charged Capacity field?
In the attached image, I have using the board to charge just one battery. Is the display for this field in milliamps? When charging 6 batteries in parallel, how would I interpret this field? As total amount of current delivered to the set of batteries? Milliamps?
I'm confused.
Thanks.
hstaniloff is offline Find More Posts by hstaniloff
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:39 AM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
It is mah , the charger deliverd 111 mah to your single pack. If you had done 6 packs it might have read 666 with an average of 111 mah into each batt.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:47 AM
Joined Jan 2012
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulio View Post
It is mah , the charger deliverd 111 mah to your single pack. If you had done 6 packs it might have read 666 with an average of 111 mah into each batt.
Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. So you read it off as an average when charging multiple packs - assuming that the packs all started at a relatively equal discharge state. Correct?
Thanks!
One More Thing: I guess the pack received 70% of it's total charge capacity. Which makes sense as I ran it down to 3.6v in the heli.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:54 AM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Yep, you have no choice but to use the average (unless you knew the starting voltages differences) IN this case all packs I assumed were 160 mah cells.

70% sounds right. You may be able to go a bit longer, maybe not.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:06 AM
Joined Jan 2012
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulio View Post
Yep, you have no choice but to use the average (unless you knew the starting voltages differences) IN this case all packs I assumed were 160 mah cells.

70% sounds right. You may be able to go a bit longer, maybe not.
Awesomeness!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:30 PM
Knobbs
Friday Harbor, WA -San Juan Island
Joined Aug 2008
462 Posts
I kinda have the opposite problem, trying to charge 2S Life batts that don't have a balance tap. They are Fromeco 1100, and i had always charged them with my Turnigy Acucell. After three years that finally died so i got the 106b+. The directions for the charger said you don't need a balance tap for "charge" function, but keeps giving me the "battery check-low voltage" warning. Any thoughts?
Rishelman
Rishelman is online now Find More Posts by Rishelman