HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:35 PM
RC Helicopter Pilot
United States, CA, Westminster
Joined Mar 2010
1,696 Posts
What size batteries are you wanting to charge?
TheWoodCrafter is offline Find More Posts by TheWoodCrafter
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:51 PM
Michigan
Joined Jan 2011
34 Posts
Yes, you can parallel charge with this charger.
You can actually parallel charge with just about any decent charger.... it just makes more sense to do this with a more powerful 20a charger, like many in the iCharger line.

To match you with the proper size charger, we will need to know the cell count, mah, and chemistry of the batteries you are currently using; as WoodCrafter has asked.
Jimmie Neutron is offline Find More Posts by Jimmie Neutron
Old Nov 20, 2011, 11:22 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
Yes, you can parallel charge with this charger.
You can actually parallel charge with just about any decent charger.... it just makes more sense to do this with a more powerful 20a charger, like many in the iCharger line.

To match you with the proper size charger, we will need to know the cell count, mah, and chemistry of the batteries you are currently using; as WoodCrafter has asked.
Yes, you can definitely parallel charge. Took less than an hour to charge up 6 4000 4S Lipos for my 71 Slick on the I306B
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:22 AM
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined Sep 2011
36 Posts
Hi guys. I posted this problem on another forum but a member directed me to here to see if I can get this resolved. As posted on the other forum, I have 3x 2200mah 3s lipo batteries. I have discharged these batteries for storage with a skycharger B6AC+ charger and placed them in the refrigerator few weeks ago. Recently I purchased a used icharger 208b and it works well in charging up my 1S batteries for my 120sr and mcpx. Today I decided to pull out these 2200mah batteries to fly my B400 but when plugged it into the balancer, I initially plugged the balance plug into the balancer and the 208B identified this as 11.1V (3s) and that alternatively blinks with "main port?". I then plugged the deans lead in and I get Vout low. I checked these batteries with one of those handy battery checker that shows the voltage of these batteries and it shows each cell has 3.83-3.84V with 11.4v total for each of the batteries. I plugged these batteries back into the skycharger B6AC+ and it charges the batteries just fine without showing any errors.

The firmware has been updated to latest version and all settings are at default. The watt limit has charge set at auto and discharge at 30W.

Any help is appreciated.
nartac is offline Find More Posts by nartac
Old Nov 21, 2011, 08:32 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Dec 2003
1,655 Posts
Here is the manual for the 208b incase you dont have it. http://www.progressiverc.com/media/i...B%20Manual.pdf. It does not even list the Vout error you posted.
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:08 PM
Mexico, MEX, Naucalpan
Joined May 2009
28 Posts
Hi,

I have one of the first 106B+ from HK, which I like very much. Yesterday I wanted to discharge a bit one of my lipos and when I pushed the start button the screen blinked and a smoke smell came out, immediately a message appeared and the fan started. I disconnected every thing as fast as I could.

Later I did connect it again and everything seemed ok, but when I connect the battery to the output, it shows immediately "Int Tem Over Break Down" and the fan starts.

I opened it to try to find the origin of the smell, but didn't notice anything burnt. Please help me. I don't know what went wrong, or how to fix it.

By the way I'm really glad to see that the thread is alive and the chargers are still for sale, but I would like very much not to have to buy another.
fbm224 is offline Find More Posts by fbm224
Last edited by fbm224; Nov 21, 2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 02:25 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nartac View Post
Hi guys. I posted this problem on another forum but a member directed me to here to see if I can get this resolved. As posted on the other forum, I have 3x 2200mah 3s lipo batteries. I have discharged these batteries for storage with a skycharger B6AC+ charger and placed them in the refrigerator few weeks ago. Recently I purchased a used icharger 208b and it works well in charging up my 1S batteries for my 120sr and mcpx. Today I decided to pull out these 2200mah batteries to fly my B400 but when plugged it into the balancer, I initially plugged the balance plug into the balancer and the 208B identified this as 11.1V (3s) and that alternatively blinks with "main port?". I then plugged the deans lead in and I get Vout low. I checked these batteries with one of those handy battery checker that shows the voltage of these batteries and it shows each cell has 3.83-3.84V with 11.4v total for each of the batteries. I plugged these batteries back into the skycharger B6AC+ and it charges the batteries just fine without showing any errors.

The firmware has been updated to latest version and all settings are at default. The watt limit has charge set at auto and discharge at 30W.

Any help is appreciated.
Could you please press STOP for 3 seconds to monitor the voltage of each cell to see if there is any difference between the displayed voltage and measured voltage? If different, please check if the battery balance port again, the wire from balance board to the charger, and the balance board are damaged or some lines are disconnected.

Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Old Nov 22, 2011, 02:25 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbm224 View Post
Hi,

I have one of the first 106B+ from HK, which I like very much. Yesterday I wanted to discharge a bit one of my lipos and when I pushed the start button the screen blinked and a smoke smell came out, immediately a message appeared and the fan started. I disconnected every thing as fast as I could.

Later I did connect it again and everything seemed ok, but when I connect the battery to the output, it shows immediately "Int Tem Over Break Down" and the fan starts.

I opened it to try to find the origin of the smell, but didn't notice anything burnt. Please help me. I don't know what went wrong, or how to fix it.

By the way I'm really glad to see that the thread is alive and the chargers are still for sale, but I would like very much not to have to buy another.
Please check the PM we have sent to you, thanks for your cooperation.

Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Old Nov 22, 2011, 07:00 AM
Too much is just not enough...
Joined Jan 2009
1,013 Posts
Noise Abaitment

This question is not specific to the iCharger, but that is what I am using, so I thought I would post my question here.

With my iCharger, I am using a server P/S (2U size I believe). The power supply has a high speed noisy fan on it. I'm wondering what has been tried to cut down on the noise of these supplies.
I have tried putting some egg crate foam around it, but didn't help much. I was also thinking about moving it further away, but that would involve longer leads to the charger. How long could I make the leads, it I increase the wire gage?

Any thoughts on making the power supply a little quieter would be appreciated. (anyone unplugged the fan all together?)

Thanks!!
Woody_99 is online now Find More Posts by Woody_99
Old Nov 22, 2011, 07:56 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,546 Posts
There are threads on server power supplies being used as charger power supplies and in those threads there are post on replacing the fans, installing temperature controlled variable speed ones,using resistors to slow the fans down and such.

Learn to use the SEARCH it is an extremely powerful FORCE
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:15 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
Got my 306 last night. I should have gotten one of these instead of my 1010.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Nov 23, 2011, 08:21 AM
Ya gotta land eventually...
United States, NY, Mahopac
Joined Sep 2010
1,082 Posts
volts and amps- input verse output

Question guys. I searched and just could not find what i was looking for and seems to be a fundamental principle I am missing:

if my Junsi 350 Power supply outputs 15volts and 23 amps, how is it that I can charge my 3S batteries on that power supply. Does the 208B step down the input received from the power suplly and then output the needed volts? What happens to that extra voltage? is it dissipated in the form of heat?

Second- if the Junsi350 can only give 15volts then how does it charge a 6S battery that requires much more? Does one set the amps higher so long as not goingover max C rating of the battery?

Sorry guys, I truly searched and googled and searched...

David
Davey NY is online now Find More Posts by Davey NY
Last edited by Davey NY; Nov 23, 2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:49 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,546 Posts
Most chargers including the iChargers have a Buck / Boot circuite which make it possible to charge batteries below or above the input voltage.
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:08 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
Is there a fuse in these chargers in case the user does something stupid?
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:25 AM
Poland
Joined Nov 2010
462 Posts
No and yes.
MOSFETs take this role sometimes
LeszekJ is offline Find More Posts by LeszekJ