HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2008, 07:31 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
I guess for $22 you are going to have to try it David The shipping to Oz is $48 so they are not a bargain option for me
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2008, 07:44 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly
Thanks David but I meant fan noise, not electrical. Charles isn't a good reference since he says himself he is half deaf
No he did not.

Hyp. DUO is running at 7.5A on a 4S K2 pack and 235 is suppling the juce. Right now the noise from each is approx. equal. When you draw 20-30A from 235 is gets louder ,higher pitch as the fans run much faster.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Jul 10, 2008, 08:18 PM
LKC
must have been a glitch !
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2003
946 Posts
They are only a little bit noisier than my 300Watt converted PC power supply. The only real disadvantage is they don't have a switch on them. I just plugged mine into a surge protector with a switch. My unit has worked flawlessly so far, at over 16amps..
The voltage stays steady around 12.3-12.4V under that load.

Luke
LKC is offline Find More Posts by LKC
Old Jul 10, 2008, 08:36 PM
Gales Ferry, CT
Joined Jun 2008
71 Posts
Good to hear they found the problem. It sounds like it's about ready for da masses.
planekrazee is offline Find More Posts by planekrazee
Old Jul 10, 2008, 09:04 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Thanks

Quote:
originally posted by write2dgray,
Software Revision Suggestions:
- Slow down cycle rate between LiXX and user set voltage (i.e. 3.65V) when charging at user adjusted voltage so that the display changes every 2 seconds. In general, cycle rate of messages could use a little extra delay
- Revise "User Set" menu title to read "Settings"
- Displayed voltage should drop more quickly to zero when a battery is disonnected, currently it tapers off for ~10s to zero when it should drop almost instantly to 0.00V
- During charging remove leading zeros from display of time & mAH. It would also be clearer to read during charging if the display was revised to read ____ mAH vs. CHG ____ (i.e. __428_mAH__17:23 vs. CHG_00428_017:23)
Case & Packaging Revision Suggestions (some of these may have already been recommended):
- Increase the height of the buttons so that they extend through the case slightly higher
- Add 4 rubber feet to the bottom of the unit
- On the top of the unit, revise text from "Settings memory:" to "Memory settings:"
- Include a balance adapter board with the 1010B (106B is fine without because it has multiple ports directly on the unit)
Hello David,
Thanks for your feedbacks and your valuable suggestions.
We will take all of your suggestions into consideration. Some of these suggestions will be implemented soon, some will take time.

Thanks,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Old Jul 10, 2008, 09:13 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by Julez,
Junsi, concerning the tickle charge, I would consider pulsing it at a very low frequency, as I suggested some time earlier. This would both eliminate the problems the charger has with correctly sensing small currents, and it would be healthier for the batterys.
Hello Julian,
Thanks!
We found out that this bug for trickle charge in NiMh program doesnít matter as much as the small current. It has something to do with the procedure when we fixed bug 102.

Best regards,
Junsi
Old Jul 10, 2008, 09:26 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Hello MadMax

Quote:
Originally posted by MadMax389
One other minor feature request...

When using the charge/discharge cycle feature for LIFE cells, the charge termination voltage cannot be set higher than 3.6V (it can be set lower). It would be nice to either have it default to the global value in the user settings menu or be individually adjustable up to 3.9V like in the user setting menu.

I just got a new DeWalt pack and I want to cycle cells individually to see if I can "match" them into packs like I used to on the old SCR 1100's with the Victor HI-IQ.

MadMax
Hello MadMax,
Could you kindly tell us your charger version?
Actually, you can set the termination voltage as 3.9V when using the charge/discharge cycle feature for LIFE cells if your version is 3.05.
It works like following: First, you set the termination voltage for LiFe as 3.90V in User set, second, reboot the charger, and then you can set the charge termination voltage for LiFe in cycle program as 3.90V.
I f your charger version isnít 3.05, please bother to upgrade it.

Best regards,
Junsi
Old Jul 10, 2008, 09:44 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Hello

Quote:
Originally posted by TomekD,
I wrote about flying screws eaerly in my loaders 1010.
I took to pieces it and I know what cause is. Screws can not be tighteneded for strongly because they would bend plate, one should it screw tight with intuition by hand - someone screws tight it sale lightly. The lack of screw does not inflict problem because one in principle would suffice, however such loose screw can cause short-circuit.
Hello Tom,
Yes, you are right. You are so insightful.
These screws were tightened by hand . We canít tighten them strongly, for it will bend plate. Now, we are planning to add an insulating gasket under the PCB, then we can use electrical screw driver to tighten them strongly.

Thanks,
Junsi
Old Jul 10, 2008, 10:15 PM
Central Florida. USA
Joined Mar 2008
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
Hello MadMax,
Could you kindly tell us your charger version?
Actually, you can set the termination voltage as 3.9V when using the charge/discharge cycle feature for LIFE cells if your version is 3.05.
It works like following: First, you set the termination voltage for LiFe as 3.90V in User set, second, reboot the charger, and then you can set the charge termination voltage for LiFe in cycle program as 3.90V.
I f your charger version isnít 3.05, please bother to upgrade it.

Best regards,
Junsi
I have v3.05. I did set the termination voltage higher in user settings, but failed to reboot the charger. I will test as soon as my current cycle is complete.

Thanks!
MadMax

Works perfectly Junsi, thank you.
MadMax389 is offline Find More Posts by MadMax389
Last edited by MadMax389; Jul 11, 2008 at 07:34 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 05:46 AM
hamilton Vic
Joined Jun 2006
182 Posts
Thanks for your reply Kenneth.

Does anyone knoe what the configuration is of balance leads with 10s1p flightpowers? Is it 6+4, or 5+5 etc..

Also can some one steer me in the right direction as to which way they need to be placed into the balance board?

I don't really want to experiment with my $500US packs.
beans07 is offline Find More Posts by beans07
Old Jul 11, 2008, 09:14 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,339 Posts
Hi!

I just programmed a discharge for my A123 pack, and I noticed the following:
When one toggles through the program, the various parameters can be set in the following order:
1) current
2) cell count
3) cutoff voltage per cell
4) chemistry (LiFe, LiPo, LiIon)

In my opinion, it would be better to swap 3) and 4), as the chemistry determines the possible cutoff voltage range.
So, this order would be better:

1) current
2) cell count
3) chemistry (LiFe, LiPo, LiIon)
4) cutoff voltage per cell
-------------------

Another thing I noticed, is, that in the Lixx discharge program, one can set the cell count and the cutoff voltage per cell.
In the Nixx discharge program, one can only set the total cutoff voltage.
I find this slightly confusing and a little inconvenient.
If you have a 13 cell pack, and you want to discharge to 0.85V/cell, whats the total cutoff voltage? Anyone? Fetching a calculator is inconvenient, and calculating a wrong voltage by mental math is possibly dangerous.

Therefore, my suggestion would be, to make the Nixx discharge program in the same way as the Lixx discharge program, with the following parameters:
1) current
2) cell count

Cheers,

Julian
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Jul 11, 2008, 09:28 AM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
As the R&D is partly being underwritten by Julian and others, I think they should get something other than recognition for their fine work.

Look at it this way, Junsi, you skipped much of the amortization of R&D costs and went almost straight to the bank!
Sisyphus is offline Find More Posts by Sisyphus
Old Jul 11, 2008, 09:49 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beans07
Thanks for your reply Kenneth.

Does anyone knoe what the configuration is of balance leads with 10s1p flightpowers? Is it 6+4, or 5+5 etc..

Also can some one steer me in the right direction as to which way they need to be placed into the balance board?

I don't really want to experiment with my $500US packs.
Best I can offer is that according to the manual for the TP210V 10S balancer, a 10S pack should have two 6-pin plugs wired as 5S+5S. They should be labelled "A" and "B" with the "A" plug being the lower-voltage half of the pack. If you have the CCB-AKT adapter board then you would insert the A plug into the 10S "A" socket and the B plug into the "A1" socket - I think!

A little (careful!) checking with a multimeter will quickly identify if the balance plugs are 5S each and which is the higher voltage one.

I hope that helps and please let us know when you have it worked out
Old Jul 11, 2008, 09:50 AM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
When one toggles through the program...
I agree on both accounts Julez, nice refinements to the menus. This should make this the most simple and intuitive settings mode I have used. I like how all values are displayed simultaneously for review and adjustment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
As the R&D is partly being underwritten by Julian and others, I think they should get something other than recognition for their fine work...
R&D or the ability to improve a product that you own and like? I appreciate a product that has potential to get better with age, at no additional cost for software upgrades (except for the $5-10 cable), and I detest products with locked firmware and such that are intentionally unsupported and rendered obsolete within weeks of release. To each his own!

- David
write2dgray is offline Find More Posts by write2dgray
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2008, 09:50 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
Hi!

When one toggles through the program, the various parameters can be set in the following order:
1) current
2) cell count
4) chemistry (LiFe, LiPo, LiIon)

In my opinion, it would be better to swap 3) and 4), as the chemistry determines the possible cutoff voltage range.
So, this order would be better:

1) current
2) cell count
3) chemistry (LiFe, LiPo, LiIon)
4) cutoff voltage per cell
-------------------

Another thing I noticed, is, that in the Lixx discharge program, one can set the cell count and the cutoff voltage per cell.
In the Nixx discharge program, one can only set the total cutoff voltage.
I find this slightly confusing and a little inconvenient.
If you have a 13 cell pack, and you want to discharge to 0.85V/cell, whats the total cutoff voltage? Anyone? Fetching a calculator is inconvenient, and calculating a wrong voltage by mental math is possibly dangerous.

Therefore, my suggestion would be, to make the Nixx discharge program in the same way as the Lixx discharge program, with the following parameters:
1) current
2) cell count

Cheers,

Julian
Good suggestion Julian.