SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 03, 2011, 08:54 PM
El Cajon, CA, USA
Joined Feb 2001
801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly View Post
So charging a 6S 5000 pack on a given charger from a 24V supply will draw around half the current from that supply as it will from a 12V supply and the losses could be reduced by as much as three quarters.
This is what I was wondering. Very cool.

It'd sure be cool if the 206B could be modified so that it worked like the 306B. Something like 600W @ input voltage 23V (300W @ input voltage 12V)

That would make it a serious bang for the buck.

Thanks for the education Kgfly.

I'm toying with going to 24V for input power. Trying to find any reason I can to justify it.

(by the way....I added the underlineing to the quote. Let me know if I should remove it since it looks like Kgfly is saying it. I just wanted to emphasize the part that answered my questions)
Munch is offline Find More Posts by Munch
Last edited by Munch; Jan 03, 2011 at 09:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2011, 09:44 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Note that the losses in the charger when charging are not huge as it is around 90% efficient. Still, going to a 24V supply would be a good idea if you think you might need to go to higher power setups in the future.

The 206B works exactly like the 306B in the sense that it delivers half its rated output at half the input voltage required for its full rated output. That is, it requires 17V to deliver 350W and from 8.5V will deliver 175W output.

The components in the 206B are not rated for higher power throughput. If you want more power you have to upgrade to a 306B
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Jan 04, 2011, 01:07 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hovercraft-man View Post
Why are you always answering via PM insted of public right here in the forum? Don't you think, that the answers on the questions might be interesting for orther users too?
Are the resolutions for the several problems secret?

Or wehat ist the reason for that?
I don't see any GOOD reason for that.

Volker
Hello Volker,

We are really sorry to cause you confusion.

Generally, we choose PM to answer the question for it's related with the private information about our customers, we need their contact way to offer some specific information for them, or we need communicate with distributors for them, which we think is not necessary to talk publically. On the other hand, sometimes it's really related with some secrets about our products.

Besides, all information will be public if it's useful for our all customer.

Your understanding and cooperation will be appreciated.

Sincerely
Junsi
junsi is online now Find More Posts by junsi
Old Jan 04, 2011, 01:10 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulan View Post
Hi

The same thing happened to me

I upgraded my two chargers 1010b+, One of them was the same as described above.

How to fix this?

Best regards
Happy New Year!
Hello Zulan,

Sorry to cause you trouble.

Please check if you have installed USB driver and iCharger upgrader. If done, please press STOP and electrify the charger, and then connect PC with our original USB cable not your other USB cable to upgrade again.

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is online now Find More Posts by junsi
Old Jan 04, 2011, 09:42 AM
Joined Dec 2010
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi View Post
Hello Zulan,

Sorry to cause you trouble.

Please check if you have installed USB driver and iCharger upgrader. If done, please press STOP and electrify the charger, and then connect PC with our original USB cable not your other USB cable to upgrade again.

Regards,
Junsi
Hi

I have send a PM to you...

Thanks Junsi
Best regards
Zulan is offline Find More Posts by Zulan
Old Jan 04, 2011, 04:01 PM
Rana
Gurgaon - India
Joined Jul 2009
154 Posts
Quote:
Hello Volker,

We are really sorry to cause you confusion.

Generally, we choose PM to answer the question for it's related with the private information about our customers, we need their contact way to offer some specific information for them, or we need communicate with distributors for them, which we think is not necessary to talk publically. On the other hand, sometimes it's really related with some secrets about our products.

Besides, all information will be public if it's useful for our all customer.

Your understanding and cooperation will be appreciated.

Sincerely
Junsi

Junsi, even for very small small things you send PM and do not provide the solution in the forum then what is the use of this forum ?

My issue of error with 2S Lipo is still not resolved and I am not ready to send it to you because that is expensive affair.

I tried to order one iCharger 3010B from your site and mentioned comments to charge me with a sample price, I am waiting to hear on that.
narpat007 is offline Find More Posts by narpat007
Old Jan 04, 2011, 04:09 PM
Rana
Gurgaon - India
Joined Jul 2009
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFIMEI View Post
Is it an Atmel 89C51ED2?
Please note pin #34 of the PLC 44 microcontroller is connected with pin #1 of the AT26DF161 (16 MBit Data Flash), which can be found under the LCD module (TC1602A-15).
narpat007 is offline Find More Posts by narpat007
Last edited by narpat007; Jan 04, 2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2011, 12:15 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post
I find the setting part a bit confusing. Maybe it's hidden in the manual, but from which "modes" are settings like number of cells and charge/discharge current inherited? I find the relationship of settings between modes quite annoying. Each mode should keep their own settings. I should be able to cycle single cells, and then charge a 3S pack in between without having to re-enter any settings when going back to cycling. I had to redo some cycling because I didn't notice that lower voltage setting had changed from 2.7 to 3.0V after visiting another mode and I "storage charged" a LiFe cell to 3.85V when Li type had changed from LiFe to LiPo.
I like to remind about this. When doing cycling, it's a pain to have to go through both charge mode and discharge mode to set/check the currents used in cycle mode. In general, voltages, current and subtype (LiIon/LiPo/LiFe) should be settable and stored for each mode.

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Jan 05, 2011, 01:55 PM
Joined Sep 2010
18 Posts
Quote:
I think it should be possible to post the pure technical information (without any private information) public here in the forum in most cases.

anyway I think it would be helpful because I think that not anyone who has the same problem as a poster here will send you a PM.
They just se a message, see "private answer" ... and leave.

Volker
hovercraft-man is offline Find More Posts by hovercraft-man
Old Jan 05, 2011, 05:20 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2 Posts
parallel charging with included balance board

Can anyone help? I have a new 208B, and am trying to use balance board to parallel charge 2 2200 3 cell lipos. When plugging 2nd batt in to middle slot it sparks and wires get hot. Why is this happening?

john
john 1 is offline Find More Posts by john 1
Old Jan 05, 2011, 05:36 PM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Dec 2005
1,502 Posts
You are connecting the balance connectors in series when moving laterally across the board, not parallel. And you are likely in parallel with the main leads.

Look at this picture. It shows how you hook up packs in parallel using the standard board.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=2969084

You may have burnt up some traces on the board. You aren't the first to do this, and probably not the last.
EricJ320 is offline Find More Posts by EricJ320
Old Jan 05, 2011, 07:31 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2 Posts
Wow, so I can't balance my packs using this board? If I gang the balance leads in parallel it won't individually balance each cell, right?

john
john 1 is offline Find More Posts by john 1
Old Jan 05, 2011, 08:47 PM
El Cajon, CA, USA
Joined Feb 2001
801 Posts
Isn't this what we should be using for parallel balancing? or somthing like it? (you have to pick the correct number of cells of course....this one is a 4s version)

http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...p_image&pID=56

8 bucks or something like that. Can't beat it.
Munch is offline Find More Posts by Munch
Old Jan 05, 2011, 09:16 PM
Wyn
VoltMagic
Joined Apr 2007
101 Posts
The adapter boards with multiple connectors that I have are all for series charging multiple packs. Peel the foam tape off the back of the board, and solder some small wire in place of any burned up traces. Best to check pin-to-pin continuity with an ohm meter too. Progressive RC also has a selection of cables/adapters for parallel charging. Somewhere Julez has a good write up on parrallel vs. series charging (find with a search).
Wyn is offline Find More Posts by Wyn
Old Jan 05, 2011, 09:20 PM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Dec 2005
1,502 Posts
Instead of a snakes nest, why not use this to keep things all neat and tidy, 2S-6S.

http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=15

Several harnesses, or the Paraboard, they both work, I've got 'em, but the Paraboard is my go to product for parallel charging.
EricJ320 is offline Find More Posts by EricJ320