SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 02, 2008, 04:22 AM
iCharger
junsi's Avatar
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomanie
@junsi:

Any luck in getting the voltage measurements from the charger and reference?

T
Please wait for another two days ,we will publish its related data in this forum.thanks!
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2008, 04:46 AM
Registered User
thomanie's Avatar
Trondheim, Norway
Joined Jun 2003
2,807 Posts
Great - looking forward to those
thomanie is offline Find More Posts by thomanie
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 02, 2008, 04:49 AM
iCharger
junsi's Avatar
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
picture of 106

hello everyone
Thanks for you closely attention to our iCharger series,here we would like to publish the internal stucture of 106B!
Questions and suggestions are welcome!
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2008, 05:06 AM
Registered User
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Thanks Junsi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
always

Hello Kenneth
We set the PPTC just to protect the DC jack, because the resistor of DC jack is high,we set the maximum 7A to protect the jack from burning, if the current reach 7A,it can also recover automatically,thus, there is no need to replace it with new one.If you use the common-fuse,it just protect you product from dangers,that is the difference.
Yes, I understood that. I really just wondered if the 25A input is also overload protected with a PPTC ? I guess not, since it is protected by the thermal power management which will reduce the output power if the charger gets too hot, or shut down altogether if it gets even hotter.
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2008, 05:20 AM
iCharger
junsi's Avatar
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly
Thanks Junsi,


Yes, I understood that. I really just wondered if the 25A input is also overload protected with a PPTC ? I guess not, since it is protected by the thermal power management which will reduce the output power if the charger gets too hot, or shut down altogether if it gets even hotter.
Hello Kenneth,
To some extent you are right, but there is a power capacity limit program in our user's manual page6,we set a upper power capacity to protect the current from overloading,which can handle this problem.
Best wishes,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2008, 07:30 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Julez's Avatar
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,355 Posts
Quote:
Can you expand on how an auto-resetting fuse is different and why you think it would be more appropriate ?
Language barrier.
I meant to say that "auto-resetting fuse" would be a more appropriate description in the manual for the fuse currently built in. It is perfect right now, nothing to replace, just some customers might think that they need to reset a " reset table fuse " manually.
But maybe "resettable fuse" is a more commonly known term, and I just did not know it

Junsi,

The charger looks fine so far; the thing with soldering the output sockets was already discussed.
I still would encourage you to put 2 inches of shrinking tube around the cables where they leave the casing through the rubber grommet.

I just noticed that there are slots in the PCB between the SMD resistor banks of the balancing stages. Is this an additional method to increase cooling airflow?

How are the main FETs thermally connected to the casing? In the chinese forum, there was a picture of the bottom of the PCB, with the FETs laying flat on it. Is there some kind of thermally conductive, flexible material between the FETs and the casing?
http://pic3.5460.net/data/data2/39/69/73/338805.jpg

And what do you think about the suggestions to allow to adjust the Lixx voltages in the setup menu?

Cheers,

Julez
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Last edited by Julez; Apr 02, 2008 at 07:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2008, 07:46 AM
Registered User
thomanie's Avatar
Trondheim, Norway
Joined Jun 2003
2,807 Posts
Another thing to consider is to add multiple balancer sockets to the 1010B side wall as well (like on the 106). Yes, it would be a big block with 5 rows of connectors, but some prefer that to "dongles" hanging off the charger. 5x2s, 3x3S, 2x4s, 2x5s, plus the one already there for 10s/expansion board.

And if not already in place, make sure there is some sort of protective backing on the 1010B balancer expansion board! I can imagine someone putting it on a metal surface - with all the pins sticking out the back there will be an expensive short!

T
thomanie is offline Find More Posts by thomanie
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 02, 2008, 10:54 PM
iCharger
junsi's Avatar
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Language barrier.
I meant to say that "auto-resetting fuse" would be a more appropriate description in the manual for the fuse currently built in. It is perfect right now, nothing to replace, just some customers might think that they need to reset a " reset table fuse " manually.
But maybe "resettable fuse" is a more commonly known term, and I just did not know it
Hello
You always look into things in a insightful way. Yes, there is language barrier between the east and the west, but we will try our best to accept your kind suggestions, we will replace TTPC with ďauto-resetting fuse".


Quote:
The charger looks fine so far; the thing with soldering the output sockets was already discussed.
I still would encourage you to put 2 inches of shrinking tube around the cables where they leave the casing through the rubber grommet.
Now we attach two pictures here, in picture1,you can see a white shrinking tube around the cables, is it what you said?

Quote:
I just noticed that there are slots in the PCB between the SMD resistor banks of the balancing stages. Is this an additional method to increase cooling airflow?
Yes, you are right! You are always so careful to things.

Quote:
How are the main FETs thermally connected to the casing? In the chinese forum, there was a picture of the bottom of the PCB, with the FETs laying flat on it. Is there some kind of thermally conductive, flexible material between the FETs and the casing?
http://pic3.5460.net/data/data2/39/69/73/338805.jpg
yes, we add several Silicone rubber heat conductive pads at the bottom of the PCB, which can help to conduct heat. See picture2and picture3

Quote:
And what do you think about the suggestions to allow to adjust the Lixx voltages in the setup menu?
We have considered it,we will make some changes to this program, maybe not so exactly as you think, haha!

Best regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Last edited by junsi; Apr 02, 2008 at 11:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2008, 11:23 PM
iCharger
junsi's Avatar
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomanie
Another thing to consider is to add multiple balancer sockets to the 1010B side wall as well (like on the 106). Yes, it would be a big block with 5 rows of connectors, but some prefer that to "dongles" hanging off the charger. 5x2s, 3x3S, 2x4s, 2x5s, plus the one already there for 10s/expansion board.

And if not already in place, make sure there is some sort of protective backing on the 1010B balancer expansion board! I can imagine someone putting it on a metal surface - with all the pins sticking out the back there will be an expensive short!

T
Hello Thomanie
Frankly speaking, there is no more places for multiple balance sockets to the 1010B side wall, for this problem, we will make different type of expansion boards to meet the needs of 5x2s, 3x3S, 2x4s, 2x5s and ect.
We indeed add a Sil-Pad to the bottom of the 1010B balance expansion board (see picture),which can protect the user from loss!

Best regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2008, 11:52 PM
Registered User
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Please consider making the adapter board larger so that there is more room between the rows of connectors. Particularly with JST-XH plugs where there is little to grasp when attempting to pull them out, when they are as close as shown in that photo it is almost impossible to avoid pulling on the wires.
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03, 2008, 05:04 AM
iCharger
junsi's Avatar
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly
Please consider making the adapter board larger so that there is more room between the rows of connectors. Particularly with JST-XH plugs where there is little to grasp when attempting to pull them out, when they are as close as shown in that photo it is almost impossible to avoid pulling on the wires.
Ok we will take it into consideration and find a convenient method for user.
Thank you!

Best regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03, 2008, 07:39 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Julez's Avatar
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,355 Posts
Hi Junsi,

the language barrier was mainly on my side, I think.

Well, these silicone rubber pads do their job very well. They are also in my Pocketlader, and work great.

Concerning the shrinking tube, I will attach a picture. The shrinking tube is meant to reduce the bending stress on the cables, and will prevent the edges of the zip tie from digging into the cable insulation. Also, the shear load from pulling on the cable will be distributed over a bigger area.

Cheers,

Julez
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03, 2008, 06:12 PM
Renewed interest
ozace's Avatar
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
Well i have the chargery version in my hands now and have managed to fire it up.
First thing i noticed is how small this charger is compared to the estation 902's.
The main power lead is much shorter than anything else i have at home (1/2 the usual length) which requires some careful placement of the unit.

The start up sequence on powerup goes thru a software boot then it settles into ready mode. The manual came on a mini cd (i havent looked at it yet).

The software seemed pretty straight forward to move around. I ran thru the menu structure to find what i wanted and set the numbers for my needs.
I decided to start with a 1100 a123 2s pack. Once programmed in i hit the start button and the charger asked for confirmation of the 2s setting (which matched what the charger recognised) once the charge begun the display alternates between the Life setting and 2s letting me know that i am charging an A123 cell and 2s of them.

I like the way this works as a charger and just have to wait on a balance board that will suit my packs before i can play with the balancing functions.
ozace is offline Find More Posts by ozace
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03, 2008, 11:30 PM
iCharger
junsi's Avatar
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
Concerning the shrinking tube, I will attach a picture. The shrinking tube is meant to reduce the bending stress on the cables, and will prevent the edges of the zip tie from digging into the cable insulation. Also, the shear load from pulling on the cable will be distributed over a bigger area.
Hi Julez
Thanks for your great suggestion, we will add the silicone rubber pads, itís very useful.

Cheers
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2008, 12:11 AM
iCharger
junsi's Avatar
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozace
I like the way this works as a charger and just have to wait on a balance board that will suit my packs before i can play with the balancing functions.
OK, thanks
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best charger/discharger $ can buy namancio Batteries and Chargers 30 Jan 31, 2010 03:52 PM
Power Pacer Battery charger/discharger ACE_McCOOL Batteries and Chargers 4 Oct 22, 2002 01:39 PM
NIB Hitec CG-325 Charger/Discharger/Cycler for 4-9 cells - $39! Jason M Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Oct 03, 2002 04:29 AM
WTB Good charger/discharger 10 + cells WickedFunRC Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Sep 05, 2002 09:55 PM