HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2008, 04:27 PM
England
Joined Apr 2008
244 Posts
Unit was set to balance charge at 1500 M/a ( 1c) main leads and balancer leads connectd to unit. Power was from 10A 12V PSU. Charge commenced normally, scrolling showed each cell to be a few hundredths of a volt within each other. I then left the rig, and worked on something else at the oither end of the workshop. Approx 45 mins later the charger beeped several times then went quiet ( I have the warning set to constant beep... beep...beep etc. Display was flashing " connection breakdown" no ther data available. I stopped and retried the unit on the same settings and the battery voltage quickly showed 8.41V and then same message appeared. I switched to charge only, removed balance plug and set it to .5A - charge terminated after a few minutes with correct end of charge notice.
This happened twice with two different packs ( both 2s ).
not.likely is offline Find More Posts by not.likely
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2008, 04:46 PM
LKC
must have been a glitch !
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2003
946 Posts
In my example it doesn't matter what size or cell count the pack is. I get the connection break error EVERY time I charge a pack. It always happens when the current has reduced to 0.0A, so basically the pack is fully charged and balanced.

According the Junsi release notes, bug 106:
106:Emendation to "Connect break down problem occurs when charging with low current." <thanks quadrocopter,ukpaul>
Sure seems to happen a lot for a "bug".

Out of about 15 charges I have done, I have not yet heard the completion beeps.. only the beeps from error messages..

Could someone record the completion beeps, so I know what I'm missing...
LKC is offline Find More Posts by LKC
Old Jul 02, 2008, 05:21 PM
Gales Ferry, CT
Joined Jun 2008
71 Posts
I ordered my 106b units from Brian @ Tanic.
planekrazee is offline Find More Posts by planekrazee
Old Jul 02, 2008, 09:29 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,080 Posts
Hello

Hello Fab 66,
Please see the attachment; we mark the two points: GND in green square and 5V in Red square on the new PCB of iCharger 1010B.

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Last edited by junsi; Jul 02, 2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old Jul 02, 2008, 10:44 PM
Moselle, France
Joined May 2005
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
Hello Fab 66,
Please see the attachment; we mark the two points: GND in green square and 5V in Red square on the new PCB of iCharger 1010B.

Regards,
Junsi
Good Morning,

thank's Junsi, i try today.

Fabrice
Fab66 is offline Find More Posts by Fab66
Old Jul 02, 2008, 10:49 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizky_p
Junsi, which firmware is on the latest batch of 106B at Hobby city?

thanks.
Hello,
Thanks for your attention, the latest batch of 106B is in version 3.05.

Regards,
junsi
Old Jul 02, 2008, 10:58 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by not.likely
Got the "connection break down" error message twice now whilst balance charging a small 1500 2s lipo . I am on version 3.40 and eagerly awaiting the ididots guide to rigging up the necessary components for firmware upgrades too! have ordered the usb /ttl convertor gizmo - but expect a week or more to arrive in UK.
Hello,
Sorry to say that some of the former versions do have the ""connection break down"" problem. This bug has been settled in version 3.05. please bother to upgrade your cherger to version 3.05!

Regards,
Junsi
Last edited by junsi; Jul 03, 2008 at 03:00 AM.
Old Jul 03, 2008, 02:36 AM
England
Joined Apr 2008
244 Posts
Thats all very well junsi......but as has been said by several other people we should not have to be doing this really just to get the unit correctly working should we -
not everyone will have the skill to do the work - and getting the parts is not always easy either.
not.likely is offline Find More Posts by not.likely
Old Jul 03, 2008, 04:51 AM
Townsville
Joined Jul 2007
37 Posts
My 1010B arrived today, and is happily charging my 3cell 2200mAH packs as I type this. I have not yet made the 3x3 harness for bulk charging, maybe tomorrow I received mine from HobbyCity, and has the 3.04 firmware. I'll be upgrading it when my TTL board arrives, hopefully tomorrow.

I just wanted to say, GREAT job on the charger Junsi! It has more features than any other charger I have seen.
KegRaider is offline Find More Posts by KegRaider
Old Jul 03, 2008, 07:46 AM
Sweden, Dalarna County, Sälen
Joined Apr 2007
116 Posts
Hello
Now im back with moore problems for you guys to solve. This time I was trying to charge 2x3cell witch seems to be not so easy as I thougt. Though im using 4mm gold conectors I connetcted the 2 3cell packs in series and put the the first balance connector in port D and the other balnce connector in port D1. Setup the charger for 6s and 3,7A witch is 1C. Then I tries to charge and the charger displays somthing about over voltage?
Airman87 is offline Find More Posts by Airman87
Old Jul 03, 2008, 11:13 AM
Kyalami, South Africa
Joined Jun 2006
1,509 Posts
Have you set the parameters to 6 cell? Make very, very sure that the order of the series power lead connections match the taps...
kyalamikid is offline Find More Posts by kyalamikid
Old Jul 03, 2008, 03:37 PM
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Sep 2005
528 Posts
I've searched the thread, but was unable to find any vendors in the USA that carry the iCharger 1010B. I actually ordered one from the one stateside vendor I could find, but after waiting over a month for it to arrive, it had missing components so back it goes. Very frustrating .

I see bphobbies.com carries the Chargery version, but as I understand it it may not have the latest firmware (which begs the question, is the firmware the same for both?).

All help much appreciated.
rvsixer is offline Find More Posts by rvsixer
Old Jul 03, 2008, 05:02 PM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region, Djakarta
Joined Apr 2007
397 Posts
Hi Guys, are there any USB-TTL converter that work for upgrading ICharger at Hobbycity?

Thanks
rizky_p is online now Find More Posts by rizky_p
Old Jul 03, 2008, 06:22 PM
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,454 Posts
Here's one that works:
http://store.fundamentallogic.com/ec...products_id=14

Hope this helps,
Neal
Nobert is offline Find More Posts by Nobert
Old Jul 03, 2008, 08:42 PM
Oslo, Norway
Joined Jan 2008
50 Posts
Junsi -
you have to use locktite e.g. on the five anchor bolts that's holds the main PCB.
They are not tighten to hard and can loosen under transport / use.
I had one bolt floating around inside the charger and it was only a mm from shortening the power input (I don't want to think about would happen if it had ended up in the other corner and shorted the man battery charging socket)

Firmware upgrade to 3.05 fixed the connection brake problem and both works ok now.
I gladly would have payed some extra $$ to have a charger with a build in USB interface - nothing fancy stuff, just for firmware upgrade!
quadrocopter is offline Find More Posts by quadrocopter