HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2008, 12:41 AM
Marburg/Germany
Joined Jul 2007
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planekrazee
I received an email saying they shipped my two 106b's today.

I hope the "Basic Problems" are cleared up and that I will have fully usable products out of the box.

Has the most recent production run fixed all the "basic problems" and does it come with the latest 3.05 update? Will a factory installed USB adapter or kit for updating be offered in the near future? Is there a service center in the USA that can update the units?

Regards
Plankraze: Who sent you an email about your 106? Because Hobbycity is still -26 in stock.

Junsi: Any news about the 106? Any on the way to HC? Hopefully enough? ;-)
ivanhoes is offline Find More Posts by ivanhoes
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2008, 12:50 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
If you really cannot wait, you can order them from here (tell Robert I sent you and he will give you a deal): www.eheli.com.au

You get a Deans output lead and your choice of balance adapter included so as a package there is more value than from HC and he has them in stock!
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Jul 02, 2008, 01:02 AM
Marburg/Germany
Joined Jul 2007
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly
If you really cannot wait, you can order them from here (tell Robert I sent you and he will give you a deal): www.eheli.com.au

You get a Deans output lead and your choice of balance adapter included so as a package there is more value than from HC and he has them in stock!
Thanks for the information, KGFLY ! But unfortunately I already ordered and paid for :-( And itīs about two weeks now...Thatīs a bit "ugly" But, like said, thanks for the info and the next one I am going to buy will be at Robert.
Old Jul 02, 2008, 02:16 AM
Marburg/Germany
Joined Jul 2007
57 Posts
Hobbycity has 106B in stock now.
Old Jul 02, 2008, 02:45 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly
alex to Balance charge you must connect both the main power lead and the balance lead to the charger. Airman87 clearly did not have both leads connected on his first attempt.
i know... there is no daubt about that. It's clear you have to connect two, one to monitor and balance, second to charge
alex.guzun is offline Find More Posts by alex.guzun
Old Jul 02, 2008, 04:43 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.guzun
regarding overheating, i'd buy one or two pieces of that cooler
http://cgi.ebay.ca/158W-Thermoelectr...QQcmdZViewItem

will find out where can i safely get extra # Voltage: 0 - 15V DC / # Ampere: 0 - 10 Amps from the source or icharger mainly.
I certainly would not do this. You would need a monster heatsink to get rid of the heat from the charger AND the heat the Peltier element.

Instead, you could set the discharge watt limit to a lower value in the setup menu. Less watt means less heat.

But as long as we do not see any failure reports due to heat, I wouldn't bother.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Jul 02, 2008, 04:49 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
i was also thinking about to rebuild the aluminium package to add some heat sinks and cooling fan from the bottom + some legs to be sure the heat sink dosn't lay on the ground. What the compound is between transistors and bottom deck from the inside?
Old Jul 02, 2008, 05:12 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,194 Posts
There is a heat conductive silicon pad for thermal transfer.
But if it is not broken, don't fix it.
If you really want to check a batterys performance, get this:
http://www.westmountainradio.com/CBA.htm

All other Chargers I have get too hot to touch while discharging, and I never had problems.

I think you are worrying about something not worth worrying about.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Jul 02, 2008, 05:34 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
Thank you for tip
200$ is a bit high for me , for now
Old Jul 02, 2008, 09:08 AM
LKC
must have been a glitch !
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2003
946 Posts
Discharge rates

I did a few more discharges of some packs over the weekend.
I'm not sure my 1010B is providing the full listed discharge crrent available.

According to the manual (pg 21) the current for various cell counts is much higher than I am able to get.

for LIPO cells, the discharge is listed as 2.7A (3 cells) and 2.0A (4 cells)

My 1010B tops out and I am only able to get 1.6A (3 cells) and 1.2A (4 cells)

I figured maybe it was the watt limit, reducing the current, but according to my calculations I'm hitting 20W max.. (assuming a fully charger pack) Almost like I am getting the discharge rates of the 106B, not the 1010B ?

Has anybody else ran discharges and verified they can get the listed currents ?

I'm running a IBM server power supply that can provide 30A @12V, so I don't think it's a power supply issue. I have the fan set to auto, but this shouldn't impact the available discharge currents ?

Any feedback appreciated
Luke
LKC is offline Find More Posts by LKC
Old Jul 02, 2008, 09:24 AM
England
Joined Apr 2008
244 Posts
More error messagfes here :-(

Got the "connection break down" error message twice now whilst balance charging a small 1500 2s lipo . I am on version 3.40 and eagerly awaiting the ididots guide to rigging up the necessary components for firmware upgrades too! have ordered the usb /ttl convertor gizmo - but expect a week or more to arrive in UK.
not.likely is offline Find More Posts by not.likely
Old Jul 02, 2008, 09:32 AM
Joined Aug 2006
719 Posts
If your only getting about 20w I think you are still on the default current limit setting, as I noticed the same thing on my first discharge. In the User settings menu there is watt limit setting for charge & discharge. Discharge is set to 20w by default IIRC. You need to change it to 30w. I still don't get the specs in the book for each cell counts discharge max rate, but it is pretty close.
ukpaul is offline Find More Posts by ukpaul
Old Jul 02, 2008, 09:34 AM
LKC
must have been a glitch !
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2003
946 Posts
Ah..
I should have know to check that..
I just figured it was set to 30W by default..

I take a look
Thanks
LKC is offline Find More Posts by LKC
Old Jul 02, 2008, 11:02 AM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region, Djakarta
Joined Apr 2007
397 Posts
Junsi, which firmware is on the latest batch of 106B at Hobby city?

thanks.
rizky_p is online now Find More Posts by rizky_p
Old Jul 02, 2008, 12:08 PM
Joined Oct 2007
11 Posts
I would be grateful if someone who knows about this could enlighten me: There seems to be a problem with small lipos, I think Julez gave a good explanation as to a possible cause a few posts back. The problem is, are these going to be solved by the 3.05 update?

Reading the release notes attached to post 1, it doesn't mention anything about this, only something concerning discharging, and alterations in button function. The problem is, if people with v. 3.04 do go ahead and upgrade to v. 3.05, will this help?

I would be grateful is someone who has gone to v. 3.05, or who knows something more, could comment.

Not.Likely - could you describe the conditions you had the breakdown with, i.e. balance fast/normal, time it took to give error message etc. I have now had this error too.

Thanks.
aliboy is offline Find More Posts by aliboy