HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:44 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Sorry!

Hello everybody,
A thousand thanks for your great support!
Sorry to say that, there are basic problems with these two newly produced products:iCharger 1010B and 106B, and the upgrading thing bothers you too much.
We will try our best to better our products, and figure out a way to make the upgrading thing easy and simple.

Thanks,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:00 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
hello

Hello LKC,
Quote:
I tried a lipo discharge, an that terminated with the "balance port low cel vol" which was not a surprise. Just the charge functions have never terminated YET..
Yes, this is a normal thing for the charger. If you connect the balance port and then choose discharge, then the balance port will monitor each cellís voltage, if one of these cellsí voltage reach the termination voltage, take LiPo for example, if one LiPo cellís votage reach 3.0V, then the process will terminate with "balance port low cel vol".
You can avoid such thing, on condition that you donít connect the balance port when choose discharging, if you want to see each cellís voltage, you can connect the balance port in the middle process of discharging, then the balance port wonít monitor each cellís voltage just the packís voltage, the discharging process will terminate while the pack voltage reach the termination voltage, take the LiPo for example, when the pack voltage reach N*3.0V, then the discharging process will terminate.

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Last edited by junsi; Jun 30, 2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:39 PM
Moselle, France
Joined May 2005
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
Hello everybody,
Sorry to say that, there are basic problems with these two newly produced products:iCharger 1010B and 106B, and the upgrading thing bothers you too much.
We will try our best to better our products, and figure out a way to make the upgrading thing easy and simple.

Thanks,
Junsi
Morning Junsi,

i found on the net a picture from a modification PCB.
I think that can be a way to adapt an interface on the
pcb of the iCharger 1010B an 106B.

I show you the picture, it is easy to mount this kind of support (of course you need to put onside the electronical components for conversion USB-RS232) in the iCharger
Fab66 is offline Find More Posts by Fab66
Old Jul 01, 2008, 03:59 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,354 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.ca/USB-to-RS232-Sign...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm bidding on such a device, too.
Once I recieve it and the iCharger, I think I can hack together an "idiot's guide to upgrading"
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Jul 01, 2008, 04:08 AM
Croatia, Europe
Joined Aug 2006
334 Posts
Im getting the same one.
My is already on the way.
Will snap some photos and send it to you so you can really make the idiots guide

Wesp
Wespen is offline Find More Posts by Wespen
Old Jul 01, 2008, 06:49 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
regarding overheating, i'd buy one or two pieces of that cooler
http://cgi.ebay.ca/158W-Thermoelectr...QQcmdZViewItem

will find out where can i safely get extra # Voltage: 0 - 15V DC / # Ampere: 0 - 10 Amps from the source or icharger mainly.

And.. is it posible for someone from here to write and 'alternative manual', i see here some very nice posts about how thaings are working in conjunction with icharger and other very usefull things about batteries and charging.
alex.guzun is offline Find More Posts by alex.guzun
Old Jul 01, 2008, 07:29 AM
Joined Oct 2007
11 Posts
I am still a bit confused - will the problems I am encountering be fixed with an upgrade to 3.05. Having read the release notes on page 1, and from what Junsi said, this should have been fixed in v.3.03. Is there another fix which will deal with bal. charge termination?

Looking forward to the idiot guide, maybe I can be brave too and have a go!
aliboy is offline Find More Posts by aliboy
Last edited by aliboy; Jul 01, 2008 at 09:11 AM.
Old Jul 01, 2008, 09:12 AM
Sweden, Dalarna County, Sšlen
Joined Apr 2007
169 Posts
HELP! Got my 1010B charger with 16A power supply from HC yesterday. Soldered on a new plugg so that it would fitt our swedish wall plugs. Then plugg it in and set it upp, but as soon as I tries to start the charge it displays following: BALANCE PORT ERR VOLTAGE.
How i tries it still the same answer then i try to start the charging and I cant find whats wrong? Any suggestions?
Airman87 is offline Find More Posts by Airman87
Old Jul 01, 2008, 09:19 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,354 Posts
Have you tried charging without using the balance ports?
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Jul 01, 2008, 09:49 AM
Trondheim, Norway
Joined Jun 2003
2,807 Posts
@airman87:
In addition to Julez suggestion:
- make sure both the balance port and main leads are connected if you are using balance charge mode. The 1010B does not charge through the balancer connector as discussed before.
- make sure the balancer plug is at the correct end on the breakout board (most negative to the right, not left - see markings on breakout board) if you are using it.

Hope this helps.

T
thomanie is online now Find More Posts by thomanie
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2008, 10:32 AM
Sweden, Dalarna County, Sšlen
Joined Apr 2007
169 Posts
I did not notice that the main leads also needed to be connected but now its working superb! Thanks for the really quick help!
Airman87 is offline Find More Posts by Airman87
Old Jul 01, 2008, 01:21 PM
West Linn, Oregon
Joined Mar 2006
15 Posts
Good Day Junsi,

Do you have a new estimate as to when the 106B will be available at HobbyCity, previously you suggested stock would be replenished last Saturday 6/28.

Best regards
ML_Crisis is offline Find More Posts by ML_Crisis
Old Jul 01, 2008, 01:35 PM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman87
I did not notice that the main leads also needed to be connected but now its working superb! Thanks for the really quick help!
my zippy lipo has two cables, one for balancer other is main leads. Am i missing something? did you connected only one cable (that smaller one), first time?
alex.guzun is offline Find More Posts by alex.guzun
Old Jul 01, 2008, 06:37 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
alex to Balance charge you must connect both the main power lead and the balance lead to the charger. Airman87 clearly did not have both leads connected on his first attempt.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Jul 01, 2008, 10:55 PM
Gales Ferry, CT
Joined Jun 2008
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
Hello everybody,

Thanks,
Junsi
I received an email saying they shipped my two 106b's today.

I hope the "Basic Problems" are cleared up and that I will have fully usable products out of the box.

Has the most recent production run fixed all the "basic problems" and does it come with the latest 3.05 update? Will a factory installed USB adapter or kit for updating be offered in the near future? Is there a service center in the USA that can update the units?

Regards
planekrazee is offline Find More Posts by planekrazee