HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2010, 03:32 PM
I will be an angry old man!
Vancouver Isl
Joined Apr 2007
1,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancev View Post
I have a 1010B with v2.8 firmware and want to update it so I am trying to follow the upgrade instructions by Junsi and badger at the start of this thread but am having trouble. My circuit board is slightly different from the one in the pictures. The ISP sockets are in a different place and I found GND elsewhere because C50 doesn't exist on my board. I was guessing and might have connected to the wrong places because it will not communicate with the Upgrader program through the UART. Maybe the board is more different than I guessed.
This thread has 564 posts and I have tried to audit them sufficiently to see if this has come up before and I did not see it. Can anyone confirm that a 1010B wth v2.8 can be upgraded? Can anyone confirm my wiring is correct (see picture)?
Thanks so much.
Chargery 1010B or iCharger 1010B ???
marc1 is offline Find More Posts by marc1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2010, 10:01 PM
Powered by Flux Capacitor
New Jersey
Joined Oct 2007
61 Posts
I have a Chargery 1010B with v2.8. I am trying to upgrade the firmware as the voltage readout is way off and calibration can only be done on the newer firmware. I've opened up the charger and the PCB looks identical to the one indicated in the (old 1010B version )

I've assembled a TTL-RS232 converter, and hooked up the connections as indicated in the upgrade guide. The photo does not indicate where the GND connection is on the old 1010B PCB. There is a unlabeled blue line at the top (C24?) across from the +5V, so I soldered a wire to that pad. The TX and RX TTL are connected to the ISP pads.

When I hooked up the 3 wire setup, jumpered the 'update' link + power on the unit ( display goes blank ) to go into update mode and then ran the updated program,
the program indicates "connecting.." and then "retry connecting..." and finally pops up a dialog indicating "device not found".

Is the IChargery 1010B firmware compatible with the ICharger?

Please help as I'm afraid to use the charger due to the voltage issue. Thanks so much.
tinkerguy is offline Find More Posts by tinkerguy
Last edited by tinkerguy; Oct 03, 2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2010, 04:23 PM
Joe
Bend, OR
Joined Jun 2010
18 Posts
Question regarding parallel balance charging

I'd like to be able to parallel balance charge 10 3s 1000mah packs on a 106b+. So far I can do only 6 packs, as my parallel balance harness has only 6 taps. What I was thinking was to get epbuddy's paraboard, which plugs into the 6s input on the charger and adding the 4 additional packs. As far as the charger inputs are concerned, I would have 6 balance taps into the 3s port and another 4 taps into the 6s port. Can the charger handle this properly? Or would I be better off just plugging another 6 tap harness into one of the 6 existing taps I now have, despite that it would double the length of the balance wires for anything plugged into the second harness?

Thanks to any of you guru's who can provide some input on a solution.
Joe
jrej is offline Find More Posts by jrej
Old Oct 04, 2010, 08:53 PM
United States, TX, Richardson
Joined Sep 2010
3 Posts
Its the Chargery 1010B

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc1 View Post
Chargery 1010B or iCharger 1010B ???
I thought they were the same. Not true?
There is a reference in the instructions that might hold another clue that I didn't understand.
"You do not need to care about the "JMP" contacts, if the software already on your charger is V3.02 or higher."
I am not 3.02 or higher (v2.8) but there aren't instructions for "caring" about the JMP contacts.

Thanks.
Lancev is offline Find More Posts by Lancev
Old Oct 04, 2010, 10:32 PM
I will be an angry old man!
Vancouver Isl
Joined Apr 2007
1,360 Posts
This is an iCharger thread, not Chargery. As far as I know, they are not the same. This has been confirmed by Junsi in the past.
marc1 is offline Find More Posts by marc1
Old Oct 05, 2010, 01:17 AM
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Feb 2008
1,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancev View Post
I thought they were the same. Not true?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post12360049
SteveM732 is offline Find More Posts by SteveM732
Old Oct 05, 2010, 09:47 PM
United States, TX, Richardson
Joined Sep 2010
3 Posts
Thanks. In your link saying that Chargery and iCharger are not the same is this link saying the 1010B is the only model that actually is the same from Junsi. Still, since my circuit board is different and no one has commented on that, I kindof think that maybe even the 1010B is not equivalent.
Too bad as my 1010B has become a boat anchor and I have a brand new TTL UART.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&#post10250376
Lancev is offline Find More Posts by Lancev
Old Oct 06, 2010, 08:33 AM
Joined Nov 2005
29 Posts
Correct way for charge 2 4s lipo in 208b

Hi!

Please, any one can explain me whats the correct way for charge 2x4s lipo in 208b?
I tryed connect 2 battery in same time (1 per 4s balance port) but when i try cannect 2th battery i got short circuit in the balance port!
(208b have the latest firmware and battery is 2 4s 5000mha nano-tech)
Thanks

Doug
sdougm is offline Find More Posts by sdougm
Old Oct 06, 2010, 08:37 AM
Ignint McNugget
behind Jaggi lines
Joined Jan 2004
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdougm View Post
Hi!

Please, any one can explain me whats the correct way for charge 2x4s lipo in 208b?
I tryed connect 2 battery in same time (1 per 4s balance port) but when i try cannect 2th battery i got short circuit in the balance port!
Sounds like you chose 2 4s ports on the board that are in series instead of parallel. Check which pins/sockets are in parallel with an ohmmeter. There are also some pics in this thread of various balance boards and notations showing which pins/sockets are in parallel. Generally, the parallel connections run vertically on the board (long direction), and the series connections run horizontally (short direction).
Rumple is offline Find More Posts by Rumple
Old Oct 06, 2010, 08:46 AM
Joined Nov 2005
29 Posts
My connection board is the originall one (come with 208b)
see the picture 1...
I have used the serie power cord to connect the batterys alike the picture 2...
sdougm is offline Find More Posts by sdougm
Old Oct 06, 2010, 09:26 AM
TJin(Guy + Tech)
United States, NM, Socorro
Joined Jun 2008
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumple View Post
Sounds like you chose 2 4s ports on the board that are in series instead of parallel. Check which pins/sockets are in parallel with an ohmmeter. There are also some pics in this thread of various balance boards and notations showing which pins/sockets are in parallel. Generally, the parallel connections run vertically on the board (long direction), and the series connections run horizontally (short direction).
You have to plug them into the board in the same electrical position as the main leads adapter. If you swap the leads then you will get a direct short. So the pack that connects to the (neg) side of the main leads adapter also needs to be plugged into the (neg) side port on the balance board. This is one of the reasons that parallel charging is better for most people, as with serial charging many people end up toasting balance leads or boards. If you really want to charge serial then I strong recommend you color code each port.
tjinguy is offline Find More Posts by tjinguy
Old Oct 06, 2010, 09:33 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
I recommend (1) parallel charging with (2) epbuddie's paraboard!
angelfood is offline Find More Posts by angelfood
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 06, 2010, 11:30 AM
Joined Sep 2010
712 Posts
@ SDOUGM

hi,

Not sure how you are connecting the batteries... here is the proper way
Ensure nothing is connected to anything in the begining.
1.) First connect the balance ports of both the batteries to the balance board.
2.) Electrify the charger and go to the Lipo balance menu.
3.) Then connect the balance port cable from the board to the balance port on the charger.
4.) Now connect the +ve port of the battery that is connected to the second port (the one which is connected to the red cable in the balance cable) to the positive port of the charger.
5.) connect the -ve port of the other battery to the -ve of the main lead of the charger.
6.) leave the other -ve and +ve cables of the batteries disconnected.
7.) Start Charging.

Hope this helps.
aeromodellers is offline Find More Posts by aeromodellers
Old Oct 06, 2010, 11:56 AM
Joined Sep 2010
712 Posts
Here is the diagram to the same.
aeromodellers is offline Find More Posts by aeromodellers
Old Oct 06, 2010, 12:20 PM
TJin(Guy + Tech)
United States, NM, Socorro
Joined Jun 2008
784 Posts
Here is my diagram for it. Pay special attention to the fact that the top pack is tied to the black (neg) main lead going to the charger and the (neg) lead side of the balance adapter. Likewise the red (pos) main lead from the charger is tied to the bottom pack as well as the (pos) side of the balance adapter.
tjinguy is offline Find More Posts by tjinguy