SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 30, 2008, 04:08 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.guzun
got it, trickle... set it to 120mA (my battery is 1200mah)
After some charging (maybe hour) time display started blinking with OVER TRK / NIMH CHG 0.12A

what does it mean?
0.1C for trickle using 1200mah battery is 120ma, just like i wrote
i used 10ma and then 20mh (any timeplan to implement changing the current by 1mA for the whole range) so it is much less that 0.5C

I saw blinking messange OVER TRK / NIMH CHG 0.12A, what does it mean?

Please, should i remove c47, too? i have 106B

Junsi, i'm gonna make better closeup photos for you in hour, hope that will help to edentify my temp prob problem.
alex.guzun is offline Find More Posts by alex.guzun
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2008, 04:47 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Suggestions!!!

Quote:
0.1C for trickle using 1200mah battery is 120ma, just like i wrote
i used 10ma and then 20mh (any timeplan to implement changing the current by 1mA for the whole range) so it is much less that 0.5C

I saw blinking messange OVER TRK / NIMH CHG 0.12A, what does it mean?

Please, should i remove c47, too? i have 106B

Junsi, i'm gonna make better closeup photos for you in hour, hope that will help to edentify my temp prob problem.
Hello alex.guzun,
After we have read your problem, now, we want to give you two suggestions:
First, please charge you 6 cell, 1200mah NiMH battery with 1.2A(1C) in “CHG Man” program, then the deltaV will function accurately.
Second, how about using the “NiMH FORMING CHG” program to charge your battery.
As for the C47,it’s not necessary to remove it, if there is no occasional error message display when discharging with high current.
As for the 1mA charging current, we are sorry to say ,it’s difficult for us to control the current in 1mA.

Best regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Old Jun 30, 2008, 04:51 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboy
Hi,

Sorry if this issue has been raised, but I did skip through the thread and couldn't see it.

I am charging a 2s 850 mAh Lipo on my new 1010B in Lipo Balance Normal. Problem is, it doesn't terminate the charge, only when it runs out of time on the safety cut out (set at 120 min). When I change to Lipo Balance Fast, it still takes over 105 min., after only 80% discharge of the battery.

I understand the cut off maths, i.e. 1/10 or 1/5 Icc, and presumably the fact that this is a small battery means that this fraction is very small, but the charger just seems to discharge through the balance leads as fast as it charges after about 50 minutes.

Is there any solution to this. It is a bit annoying that it takes so long. I can just stop the charge, but I wonder if it is damaging the lipos to keep charging when not necessary. My Lipro-plus 5 seems more convenient, and at half the price!

Grateful for suggestions, thanks, Alastair.
Hello Alastair,
I am sorry to hear that this problem bothers you!
Could you kindly tell us what 's the version of your charger.Actually, we have discussed such problem before, we have to admit that these chargers version before 3.03 do have such problem when charging small batteries. So, please upgrade your charger to the latest version 3.05.

Best regards,
Junsi
Old Jun 30, 2008, 05:01 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
Hello alex.guzun,
After we have read your problem, now, we want to give you two suggestions:
First, please charge you 6 cell, 1200mah NiMH battery with 1.2A(1C) in “CHG Man” program, then the deltaV will function accurately.
Second, how about using the “NiMH FORMING CHG” program to charge your battery.
As for the C47,it’s not necessary to remove it, if there is no occasional error message display when discharging with high current.
As for the 1mA charging current, we are sorry to say ,it’s difficult for us to control the current in 1mA.

Best regards,
Junsi
in manual fr my xray the is a statement to charge (first time) battery using 12mA for 14-16h.
As for the 1mA charging current.. you have 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 to choose, then it is only 20,30.... What about 5mA?
Old Jun 30, 2008, 05:35 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.guzun
in manual fr my xray the is a statement to charge (first time) battery using 12mA for 14-16h.
As for the 1mA charging current.. you have 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 to choose, then it is only 20,30.... What about 5mA?
Hello,
We will take this 5mA into consideration. But, right now, we just can set the lowest trickle current to 10mA. Sorry!

Regards,
Junsi
Old Jun 30, 2008, 05:44 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,356 Posts
Quote:
This is what the NIxx mode was developed for. It will work like the 16h charging used for battery pack forming.
But it will work faster, and without harming the battery, as the current is reduced at the end.
Julez is online now Find More Posts by Julez
Old Jun 30, 2008, 06:39 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Quote:
This just has to be a typo. If it is a 1200mAh battery, charging at 12mA is 0.01C. IIRC the normal forming charge is 0.1C for 14 to 16 hours. That would be 120mA in your case. I bet there is simply a mistake in the manual.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Jun 30, 2008, 07:02 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
kgfly, you opened my eyes, thank you
I checked the manual again and it is 120mA, not 12mA.

Back again to my temp probe problem. Junsi, i just checked the volatge in A (U10 15th feet and R3) point you asked me in mail. And it has 0V, so there is no short circuit on pcb.

Here are my updated closeup photos of pcb
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexguz...7605811868935/
IMG_0766.JPG is first photo from today set.

Please, what should i do next?
Old Jun 30, 2008, 07:03 AM
Joined Oct 2007
11 Posts
Junsi,

Thank you for your reponse. My charger is version 3.04. I purchased it last week, and the retailer said it was fresh in from the supplier. Will upgrading have any effect, since it is above v.3.03.

Also, is it harmful to batteries for them to be charged for a long period if the unit does not switch off? The unit works just fine for 3s 2200 and 6s 5000 lipos that I have, all different brands, it is just the 2s 850's that are not stopping. I would really like to have a fix for this problem, since even if it is not harmful, it is annoying when you want to charge many batteries in one evening, and you don't get a positive stop, it can cause quite a delay.

Thanks
aliboy is offline Find More Posts by aliboy
Old Jun 30, 2008, 07:22 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboy
Junsi,
it can cause quite a delay.
and fire and damages, please be careful.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:40 AM
LKC
must have been a glitch !
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2003
946 Posts
incomplete charging

I think I'm experienceing the same problems as aliboy, except out of the 4 batteries I have charged, NONE of them have given me a "complete" or "Done" notification or actually finished charging..

They have all terminated with the "connection break down".
It isn't the capacity overstopped, or safety time out stopped warning either.

I am sure my connections are all fine, never had any trouble in that respect.

These were all using the Balance charge, Normal. Although I did try changing the balance mode to fast also.

While monitoring them during charging they do everything as expected, bringing all the packs into balance, reducing the current as expected, but they seem to sit with 0.0A charge rate, in balance, but never terminating ?

The capacity of the packs where not small packs (relative to aliboys 2s-820)
4S-2200,
3S2P-4200.
3S-1300.

I tried a lipo discharge, an that terminated with the "balance port low cel vol" which was not a surprise. Just the charge functions have never terminated YET..

Just received my 1010B last week, pretty sure it V3.04.

I need to discharge a few more packs so I can test a few more functions, maybe I'll try a reguar charge without balance function ?

Bit dissapointed so far

Luke
LKC is offline Find More Posts by LKC
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:52 AM
Oslo, Norway
Joined Jan 2008
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKC
I think I'm experienceing the same problems as aliboy, except out of the 4 batteries I have charged, NONE of them have given me a "complete" or "Done" notification or actually finished charging..

They have all terminated with the "connection break down".

Luke
Luke,
It's fixed in 3.05 (ref Junsi - V3.05 release note)
you have to upgrade your firmware - detailed description in earlier thread #.

-Frank-
quadrocopter is offline Find More Posts by quadrocopter
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:05 AM
LKC
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2003
946 Posts
Thanks Frank...

Well I did read that, but seems nobody else had the same problems, even aliboy had some successful charges, before noticing this on his small 2S-800 packs..

arggghhh...

That blows hard, now I have to frig around with the upgrading.. man I though buying one with v3.04 was going to provide me with a feature packed "plug and play" charger, now I HAVE to hack it..

Can the charger be send to the manufacturing for upgrading ?

I guess that's going to cost me more money too..

Guess I better start sourcing these damn upgrading components and try and make this upgrade happen....

Well this has been a big waste of money so far..

But the backlight works great..
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:22 AM
Oslo, Norway
Joined Jan 2008
50 Posts
I think there will be more firmware upgrades in the future - so you have to start building a interface if you want it or not.....
A nice feature would be a build in USB interface (don't need any fancy stuff - just for firmware upgrade)

I agree that it when a new gadget arrive and it don't work as promised, but what I like is that the people behind it listen to us and make mods /patches on the fly.

I have several chargers, and this is one of the best if you look at price/performance (they just have to sort out these bleeding edge problem first)
quadrocopter is offline Find More Posts by quadrocopter
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:37 AM
LKC
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2003
946 Posts
Thanks Frank..

I know I need to start sourcing the upgading components..
I'm just very frustrated with it right now..

I figured I wouldn't need to upgrade the firmware, since the provided functions and features would be sufficient. afterall I'm not planning on using the foam cutting feature..

I need to get familiar with what's required with the upgrading..
Seems a lot has happened all ready and it's all a bit complicate. I guess I'll have to spend some time working out where to get all this stuff and hope to h#ll I don't screw up making the solder connections on the board..
I had trouble downloading the zip from page 1, I need to study the info, and work out what this TTLRS232 converter thing is...

But I have notihng to loose, since the unit does't work right now anyway..

Luke