Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2010, 09:21 PM
United States, IL, Carbondale
Joined Jun 2005
443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by write2dgray View Post
Absolutely. Do you know the exact type of connector used? I recently got some new custom charge leads made (banana plugs to micro connectors used in many RTF Parkzone and E-Flite mCX models) to handle these.

- David
David,

Are you planning to carry these charge leads on your site?

thnx

Berardino
baratta930 is offline Find More Posts by baratta930
Old Jun 14, 2010, 09:35 PM
Columbus, OH
Joined Dec 2009
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Stuart View Post
I'm still waiting on the Junsi P1200 power supply.
Not in Junsi's roadmap. It is very expensive to get certificates for a hobby power supply.

IMHO Mean Well is a good choice. It is one of the few largestest power supply manufacturers in the world. The quality is much better than those hobby grade PS's, and the price is affordable.
epbuddy is offline Find More Posts by epbuddy
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 14, 2010, 09:37 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Just beware that there are a lot of clone/knockoff "meanwell" PS for sale on the Internet. If it looks too good to be true, it probably isn't! Nobody is going to be selling a quality 1200W PS for $49!
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Jun 14, 2010, 09:41 PM
Pants on the ground
exit 26 Jersey
Joined Jul 2007
6,220 Posts
Lots of good info here
xsubsailor is offline Find More Posts by xsubsailor
Old Jun 14, 2010, 09:52 PM
Columbus, OH
Joined Dec 2009
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly View Post
Just beware that there are a lot of clone/knockoff "meanwell" PS for sale on the Internet. If it looks too good to be true, it probably isn't! Nobody is going to be selling a quality 1200W PS for $49!
It true, kgfly. That is why we are showing people detailed photos of genuine Mean Well PS in the product page.

A genuine Mean Well 1000W 24V PS (SE-1000-24, made in Taiwan) are usually sold around $240 in USA, plus shipping. You may find them from Mean Well dealers on google, instead of eBay.
epbuddy is offline Find More Posts by epbuddy
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:55 PM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by write2dgray View Post
Fred,

We have the latest version of LogView available for download here.

- David
Thanks, but as I said, I have the v.2.6.2.329 already, but no 3010B in the device list.
The CD contains v.2.6.3.332 which I suppose is a newer version, but that part of the CD is unreadable on two stationary CD/DVD readers and two different laptops.
Actually I have the 3010B in the device list, but that's because I tried to copy and modify the 1010B+ .ini file. I didn't get that one working and now it's still in the list even after deleting that file. I have uninstalled and installed Logview several times, and still 3010B pops up as the selected device when running Logview for the first time after a re-installation. Seems that something is left on the PC after uninstalling Logview.

Edit: just remembered that Cleanup tool, and the CD data is available from post #1 of this thread.

Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Last edited by flarssen; Jun 15, 2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 12:48 AM
Austria
Joined Jul 2008
148 Posts
Yesterday I charged two 6s Lipos parallel with 20A with my iCharger and also two 6s Lipos (each with 8A) with my Graupner Ultra Duo Plus 50 for my big 9kg / 20lbs Cessna:

My valve-regulated lead acid batteries with 240AH inside my car are heavily used with 91 A current

I found a little bug with the latest version of my iCharger (V. 3.13g):

The value at "Input Power" is much too low.

In reality the current at the input is about 48A:

At this current the cables are getting really hot!

Apart from this little bug I am very satisfied with my new iCharger 3010B with is also very accurate calibrated!
tuxian is offline Find More Posts by tuxian
Last edited by tuxian; Jun 15, 2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 02:11 AM
Asks too many questions
Berkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2005
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magrinsi View Post
This charger if you measure IR of 6s lipo...BURN!!!
I've measured IR of 6S lipos many times on both my 208Bs and no problems at all.
natterjak is offline Find More Posts by natterjak
Old Jun 15, 2010, 09:14 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epbuddy View Post
There are a lot of applications in using the discharge function, for example, to store a LiPo battery for a relatively long time when you don't have a chance to use a fully charged pack.

When a LiPo is fully charged, it should show 4.2V each cell. Therefore a 3S pack should show 12.6V in total.
so once you have flown with a lipo, but not till its totally ready to be recharged, is it best to discharge it before putting it back on the charger and charging it up fully again ?
Wade1 is offline Find More Posts by Wade1
Old Jun 15, 2010, 09:31 AM
Florence Italy
Joined Dec 2009
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by natterjak View Post
I've measured IR of 6S lipos many times on both my 208Bs and no problems at all.
Ok but one time is sufficent for burn....
I think that it's incredible that some people have this problem and junsi does nothing for this problem...
magrinsi is online now Find More Posts by magrinsi
Old Jun 15, 2010, 09:46 AM
Too much is just not enough...
Joined Jan 2009
1,013 Posts
Follow-up

The charger was actually set to start balance at the CV phase.
I set it back to always, slow and trickle.

The cells end up very closely balanced at the end, and do not drift lower after the charge ends.

I remember now that I turned off trickle because of a situation where the cell voltage could continue to rise had been reported. Doesn't seem to be effecting me at these settings with Lipo's.

I know in the end, the variance was slight and insignificant in real use, but I still feel better knowing the cells are all close to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_99 View Post
The cell that is high is the one that flashes, indicating that it is being discharged while the others are still charging, right?

I did just try moving the speed to slow and balance trickle and it seems to help keep the cells closer at the end.

I need to do another pack from 3.80 to 4.20 to see if it stays closer during the entire process.

In the big scheme of things, I know that the difference is slight and would not be noticeable in usage, but I did have a pack that started to have one cell low as soon as I removed it from charge. I thought it was going bad, but I used the FMA on it and they all balanced perfectly. I've used it several times since then at it is working fine.
Seems like it started getting out of whack slowly, using balance a CV.

Not sure of the correct term, but I will call it hysteresis, or rebound, that the Lipos seem to do when charging or discharging, where the voltage goes back down a bit when done charging, or up a bit after discharging.

It seems to be more pronounced on the iCharger than on the FMA.
Woody_99 is online now Find More Posts by Woody_99
Old Jun 15, 2010, 09:53 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade1 View Post
so once you have flown with a lipo, but not till its totally ready to be recharged, is it best to discharge it before putting it back on the charger and charging it up fully again ?

No LiPolys do not need to be discharged before charging. They do not develop memory . Charge them to max of 4.2 per cell (4.15-4.2 is good) fly them notusing more than 80% of rated capcoty ,charge and fly again. When done for the day charge or discharge to storage 3.85 per cell ( range 3.7-4.0).

There are tons of post on LiPoly care. Have you read the sticky at the top of the Forum?

Read first post here it answers many basic questions.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209187

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Jun 15, 2010, 05:33 PM
USA, CA, Martinez
Joined Feb 2001
1,668 Posts
Hi Gang,
I'm just about to order the 3010 from progressiverc. Could someone please tell me which balance board I need for Zippy batteries? Is it the PolyQuest board?

Thanks
mumblety-peg is offline Find More Posts by mumblety-peg
Old Jun 15, 2010, 05:34 PM
Joined Feb 2008
85 Posts
Zippies use JST-HX (last time I checked)
Justin Stuart is offline Find More Posts by Justin Stuart