HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2008, 10:40 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
News

Hello Everybody,

Thanks for your attention.
iCharge 106B will be on stock next week!

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2008, 11:31 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenex
Does this issue affects all 106B units currently on the market? I purchase two with 3.01 firmware.
Hello Phonex,
There is no need to get rid of the C47 if your charger doesn't have such a LCD problem during discharging progres.

Regards,
Junsi
Old Jun 19, 2008, 11:39 PM
Australia, NSW, Mt Hutton
Joined Jul 2007
144 Posts
Hello Junsi
I want to charge 2x 10s A123 packs in parallel - will the 1010B do this
I am not worried about balancing them but it would be nice to have the ability
Cheers
Joe
joeb56 is offline Find More Posts by joeb56
Old Jun 20, 2008, 12:25 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Yes, the 1010B can do that no problem. Max power is 200W so when charging 10S A123 the max current is about 5.7A. Thus it will charge a 10S2P 4600 pack at a rate of about 1.2C
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Jun 20, 2008, 12:31 AM
Australia, NSW, Mt Hutton
Joined Jul 2007
144 Posts
Thanks Kenneth I suspected you might be the one to answer :-)
I'll order one off eheli today
Cheers
Joe
joeb56 is offline Find More Posts by joeb56
Old Jun 20, 2008, 03:42 AM
England
Joined Apr 2008
244 Posts
1010B version?

Hello, I have been following this thread for a while now, and really liked the idea of the 1010B but could not find a store selling them in United Kingcom, and Hobby City were out of stock. I have now bought one from a supplier in the UK and expect delivery today
Do you know whether this will be the latest version of your charger, and will I be able to update to the latest software myself? Thanks, it looks like a great unit.
What are the latest "bugs" if any that I need to be aware of ?
I will use it mainly for LiPo and LiFe batteries up to 8s at the moment.
not.likely is offline Find More Posts by not.likely
Old Jun 20, 2008, 03:50 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by not.likely
Hello, I have been following this thread for a while now, and really liked the idea of the 1010B but could not find a store selling them in United Kingcom, and Hobby City were out of stock. I have now bought one from a supplier in the UK and expect delivery today
Do you know whether this will be the latest version of your charger, and will I be able to update to the latest software myself? Thanks, it looks like a great unit.
What are the latest "bugs" if any that I need to be aware of ?
I will use it mainly for LiPo and LiFe batteries up to 8s at the moment.
Hello,
Thanks for your attention.
The latest version of iCharger 1010B on stock is 3.04. There are still on stock.
There is no need to upgrade version 3.04 right now.

Regards,
Junsi
Old Jun 20, 2008, 03:52 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Feature enhancement suggestion: toggle back to the last viewed parameter via the DEC button

During a charge/discharge cycle you can press DEC to view various settings and values. The first time you press DEC it toggles to the "End voltage" parameter. Each subsequent time your press DEC it moves to the next item, eventually wrapping back to the first item. Pressing INC takes you to the Cell voltage display and pressing START takes you back to the charge/discharge display.

I use this feature a lot but mostly to check either the temperatures or the input voltage. Currently pressing DEC from the charge/discharge display will always take you to the "End voltage" parameter.

I would prefer it if DEC took me back to the last item I viewed. So if I was looking at input voltage and pressed START then DEC again I would be back at the input voltage. Pressing DEC again would move to the next parameter just as before.

Any thoughts team ?
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Jun 20, 2008, 04:37 AM
England
Joined Apr 2008
244 Posts
Thanks for your reply junsi. This is a big thread and there have been lots of suggestions made by many people to enhance the charger from when it was first released. can I take it that all the ideas and changes have been incorporated into the lates version - EG: user can set terminal voltages he requires for LiPo etc etc...
not.likely is offline Find More Posts by not.likely
Old Jun 20, 2008, 04:52 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by not.likely
Thanks for your reply junsi. This is a big thread and there have been lots of suggestions made by many people to enhance the charger from when it was first released. can I take it that all the ideas and changes have been incorporated into the lates version - EG: user can set terminal voltages he requires for LiPo etc etc...
Hello,
The version 3.04 has the adjustable terminal voltage function, please see detail information about enhancements from the attachment ReleaseNotes-iCharger(1).txt in the first post.

Regards,
Junsi
Old Jun 20, 2008, 12:10 PM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly
[I would prefer it if DEC took me back to the last item I viewed. So if I was looking at input voltage and pressed START then DEC again I would be back at the input voltage. Pressing DEC again would move to the next parameter just as before.
I agree, good idea!
On my EOS1210 I usually switch between normal view and cell voltage and have to press a button 6 times to do this!!

Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Jun 20, 2008, 09:23 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab66
Hello Everybody,

i am back with a new idea for an improvement of the storage fonction.
The idea is to have the 2 process in one.

I mean have a quick storage like now, and if the voltage is reached, ask the user to press enter or stop.
If enter is pressed, the charger go in a process who the current is reduced and so it can reach the right voltage with a lowest current.
If stop is pressed, so you can end the process and start again with a new batterie.

We can say that the question is temporised, the charger will wait 3 minutes, and if no action from user, go automaticaly in the slow storage modus.

I write a 'small' concept on a paper.

Best all,

Fabrice
Hello Fab66,
Thanks for your valuable suggestions!
We will take it into consideration and implement this quick storage function to our iCharger series soon.
Thanks again!

Regards,
Junsi
Old Jun 20, 2008, 09:27 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly
Feature enhancement suggestion: toggle back to the last viewed parameter via the DEC button

During a charge/discharge cycle you can press DEC to view various settings and values. The first time you press DEC it toggles to the "End voltage" parameter. Each subsequent time your press DEC it moves to the next item, eventually wrapping back to the first item. Pressing INC takes you to the Cell voltage display and pressing START takes you back to the charge/discharge display.

I use this feature a lot but mostly to check either the temperatures or the input voltage. Currently pressing DEC from the charge/discharge display will always take you to the "End voltage" parameter.

I would prefer it if DEC took me back to the last item I viewed. So if I was looking at input voltage and pressed START then DEC again I would be back at the input voltage. Pressing DEC again would move to the next parameter just as before.

Any thoughts team ?
Hello Kgfly,
Thanks!
Good idea, that's really a convenient way!
We will try to adjust our chargers key function and implement such "toggle back to the last viewed parameter via the DEC button" to our iChargers later!
Thank you very much!

Regards,
Junsi
Old Jun 21, 2008, 03:48 AM
I do this for fun!
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Joined Sep 2004
1,198 Posts
Hi Junsi,

I notice you are saying nice things about recent software change suggestions, but making no commitments to implement, nor giving any timeframes.

So let me ask you please, do you have any intention of implementing Julez' and my suggestion to do a foam cutting bow driver mode, and if so when?

Ken.
skyboyken is offline Find More Posts by skyboyken
Old Jun 21, 2008, 04:36 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,354 Posts
Well, I just had a closer look at the manual, and I noticed that the motor break-in feature is almost the same as the foam cutting feature.
Not as convenient, but the following should work:

Just connect a cutting wire instead of the motor, set the amp to 4A, and slowly work your way up at the voltage setting, until you have the desired wire temperature.
The max. voltage of 15V would limit the wire length to 0.6m, though, at least with the type of wire I use.

Junsi, concerning the manual:
At the program flow chart, how about putting little numbers under each display image, which refer to the page number of the manual, where this feature is described in detail?

For example, put a "18" under the PB charge display images, so one would see directly, that one has to go to page 18 in the manual to find the explanations.

Cheers,

Julez
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez