HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 11, 2008, 06:44 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot_one
The 106b is as good as or better than any other multi purpose charger in it's class but for strictly Lipo, A123 charging I think the CellPro is superior as it can't accidently overcharge or too quickly fast charge and damage a pack.
As far as I can tell the CP10S is no safer than the iC106B/1010B. They will not "accidentally overcharge or too quickly fast charge and damage a pack" either.

Whether the CP10S is better specifically for A123/LiPo is a fairly subjective judgement. It certainly has the flexibility to charge soley via the balance lead at up to 4A which the iChargers cannot do. It certainly has a higher max balance current (1000mA vs 300mA) which can mean faster charge completion and faster balancing for out-of-balance packs. So far user experience shows that as a field charger run off a 12V Pb it is about 10% less powerful than the iC1010B which will reduce charge speed for large capacity LiPos or for mid-to-high cell count A123. Both are good solutions, it's great that we have so many high quality products to choice amongst
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2008, 08:35 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,081 Posts
New Version Release!!!

Hello Everybody,
Now, we release the new version 3.04v, for version3.04,we make some alterations and add some functions, see detail information in attachment!

Regards,
Harrief
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Old Jun 11, 2008, 09:19 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Excellent! The Release Note is looking good. Useful info, clearly presented. Great work JunSi
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:13 PM
Moselle, France
Joined May 2005
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
Hello Everybody,
Now, we release the new version 3.04v, for version3.04,we make some alterations and add some functions, see detail information in attachment!

Regards,
Harrief
Morning

good news for us ! thank's

Junsi, i have also 2 iCharger 1010B in order by Hobbycity. Can you give us informations about new delivery to our supplier ?

Fabrice
Fab66 is offline Find More Posts by Fab66
Old Jun 12, 2008, 12:16 AM
Joined Dec 2006
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
Hello Everybody,

Regards,
Harrief
Hello Junsi, I can't download upgrader_v11.exe from this location: http://www.jun-si.com/UploadFiles/upgrader_v11.exe

Can you halp me, please?
tkupcik is offline Find More Posts by tkupcik
Old Jun 12, 2008, 01:25 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkupcik
Hello Junsi, I can't download upgrader_v11.exe from this location: http://www.jun-si.com/UploadFiles/upgrader_v11.exe

Can you halp me, please?
Hello,
Sorry to say that there are some problems with our website, we will contact with our website builder and settle this problem as soon as possible. Now, I attach the software’s compressed file in the attachment.

Regards,
junsi
Old Jun 12, 2008, 01:50 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
WinZip 9.0 says that is not a valid ZipFile and cannot extract anything from it.

7-Zip seems to be able to open it. I think if you post ".zip" files they should be in the WinZip format as that is far more common. If you are using 7-zip then just select the "Zip" file format when creating the archive file.

Attached is a WinZip-compatible version with the 3.04 image files included.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 01:55 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly
WinZip 9.0 says that is not a valid ZipFile and cannot extract anything from it.

7-Zip seems to be able to open it. I think if you post ".zip" files they should be in the WinZip format as that is far more common. If you are using 7-zip then just select the "Zip" file format when creating the archive file.

Attached is a WinZip-compatible version with the 3.04 image files included.
Hello Kgfly,
A thousand thanks!
Best wishes!

Regards,
Jusni
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:11 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,210 Posts
Wonderful!
The new upgrade has about everything one can ask for!
Thanks a lot!

White2gray, when you manage it to build a USB converter inside the charger case, I certainly look forward to seeing the result! Good luck!

Cheers,

Julian
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:34 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,260 Posts
No answer, so I ask again ( important for the buy/wait decision ):
Will it be possible to get data out of the TTL RS232 interface now used for upgrading? If so can one expect future versions of firmware that have dataoutput through this one?
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:47 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Well it is a serial port connected to the CPU so in theory yes. Whether there is enough code space and performance left in the CPU to add the data reporting function is as yet unknown and I imagine the best JunSi can say is that they are listening to the requests for this feature (+1 from me too) and investigating.

My recommendation to Junsi would be (if possible) to develop the firmware support for this feature ASAP and let us hobbiests work on an application to do something with the data while JunSi then works on the PC application themselves. A good start would be to make the data compatible with that German logging software...dash it, forgot the name, perhaps Julez can help?..which seems populare and well suited to the task.

Simply publishing the protocol and data format and adding the data output feature to the chargers will I am sure be enough to get enthusiasts cobbling together logging software on their favourite OS
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:56 AM
Joined Dec 2006
9 Posts
Quote:
...dash it, forgot the name, ...
LogView: http://www.logview.info/cms/index.php?d_logview_info
tkupcik is offline Find More Posts by tkupcik
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:59 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,260 Posts
Quote:
A good start would be to make the data compatible with that German logging software...dash it, forgot the name, perhaps Julez can help?..which seems populare and well suited to the task.
Logview?. Yes, that was my thoughts too. No need to develop their own software. I currently use it with my LBA10, and it works great (first time I have ever decided to pay for something that is 'free' ).

Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Jun 12, 2008, 04:23 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Yes, LogView, that's it, thank you.

It would be nice for us ignorant native-English speakers (and perhaps many other non-German speakers) if they did an English version of the website, GUI and manual, but even without I guess I could work out how to use it.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 04:33 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Here is an example of what I mean in terms of user-created logging software, this fellow created monitoring/logging software for another charger and it looks OK: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=104

Here is another one by a guy who didn't like the software that came with his charger so rolled his own: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=116