HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2009, 08:13 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by circuit View Post
I received my new iCharger 206B two days ago. I upgraded it to firmware v3.12, as I needed to do more than 30 cycles unattended. I connected a 26650 A123 chinese clone cell to it and set it to do 30 charge/discharge cycles. The problem is that it did not stop after 30 cycles and continued cycling it.. But charge/discharge results on LCD ended at 30th cycle.

Waiting for new firmware..
Hello Sir,

Would you pls try the new firmware again?
Pls also check if there is problem with cycling.
Here, our engineer checked the firmware, but nothing wrong with it.

We are glad to hear from you soon.
If possible, pls send us the logview data for analysis.

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2009, 08:19 PM
RC Addict
Falls Church, VA
Joined Jul 2006
2,259 Posts
I just got a 106b+ from HC as well, firmware version 3.11c. Only charged two 6s lipos so far, but can't tell that there are any problems at this point.
anatoly is online now Find More Posts by anatoly
Old Dec 18, 2009, 03:59 AM
Bird of Pray
The Netherlands
Joined Mar 2007
673 Posts
A positive note.....

I have a 208B for quite some time now and had no issues at all. It will charge anything from 1C 2s800 mah pack to 5C 2600 6s ! For me this charger is perfect!
Flying Dutchy is offline Find More Posts by Flying Dutchy
Old Dec 18, 2009, 04:57 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
angelfood, could you please stop spaming the thread?
alex.guzun is offline Find More Posts by alex.guzun
Old Dec 18, 2009, 07:23 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.guzun View Post
angelfood, could you please stop spaming the thread?
Prejeme Vam Vesele Vanoce a stastny Novy Rok

I'm not selling anything.

So, is the latest firmware for the 208b CB free? (if so, I'm ready to load it!)
angelfood is offline Find More Posts by angelfood
Last edited by angelfood; Dec 18, 2009 at 07:42 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 18, 2009, 10:03 AM
Italy
Joined Oct 2005
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman13 View Post
I do not understand
galaxy1 is offline Find More Posts by galaxy1
Old Dec 18, 2009, 10:11 AM
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Feb 2008
1,976 Posts
It's the thingy that controls the charger's output current and voltage.
SteveM732 is offline Find More Posts by SteveM732
Old Dec 18, 2009, 03:53 PM
san francisco
Joined Nov 2003
33 Posts
Hi guys I've just got my new I-charge 106b+, and I'm getting this message;
Battery check low Voltage, I connected It to my car battery and the balance connector to the balance Port I tried different sizes; Thanks for any help you can give me Mike;;;;;;;
mike p de l is online now Find More Posts by mike p de l
Old Dec 18, 2009, 04:07 PM
They will soar on wings..
USA, CA, Danville
Joined Aug 2004
1,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike p de l View Post
Battery check low Voltage, I connected It to my car battery and the balance connector to the balance Port I tried different sizes; Thanks for any help you can give me Mike;;;;;;;
Check the following:

- Correct battery type?
- Correct cell count?
- Correct charge mode (Fast, balance, etc.)?
- Main battery leads and battery balance leads connected?
- Correct charge current set?
rsasaki is offline Find More Posts by rsasaki
Old Dec 18, 2009, 04:20 PM
I will be an angry old man!
Vancouver Isl
Joined Apr 2007
1,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike p de l View Post
Did you also connect the main discharge lead between the lipo and the charger (ie: Deans plug in most cases)?
marc1 is online now Find More Posts by marc1
Old Dec 18, 2009, 04:32 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,513 Posts
Mike, I had the exact same problem with all my iChargers (2@ 106b+ and a 208b). The problem was caused by high frequency "transients" in the power line. It happened with both my power supply, and the battery of my Ford (my Ford has a high quality spiral cell deep cycle battery too).

I installed a 25V 2200uF electrolytic capacitor across my input leads and the problem went away. The exact value of the capacitor is not so critical; just make sure it's rated for the voltage you'll be using (>15V for an auto battery), and in the 1000-3000uF range. A quick to to Radio Shack should get you straightened out.

Cheers,
Kevin

[edit: BTW, this is not necessarily a flaw in the iCharger design, so much as it is a limitation with the power supply(ies). In my case, a single capacitor fixed the problem for all 3 chargers, since all 3 chargers plug in at essentially the same location (I use an extension with 4@ female banana jacks mounted in a box on the end; the cap is located in the box, and all my chargers plug in to the box).]
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
Last edited by Truglodite; Dec 18, 2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 04:43 PM
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Mar 2002
1,385 Posts
first off my 1010+B is probably the best charger i have used to date. my hats off to the designers.

ok short of sifting threw all 300+ pages of replies can i charge a 7s A123 pack using 1 3s balance plug, and 1 4s balance plug to get all 7 cells balanced?

if so how do i wire between the 2 plugs?

do i put the 3 cell plug (closest to the - of the battery) in the first 3 cell port on the balance port, and the 4 cell plug in the second 4 cell port, and then start the charge?

Jerry
doomracing is offline Find More Posts by doomracing
Old Dec 18, 2009, 06:15 PM
orlando florida
Joined Jun 2005
191 Posts
Hi guys,

I just purchased a 1010 charger and I tried to charge 10s setup using 1-4S & 1 6S battery. I connected the battery together red to black from 1 lipo to the other then I attempted to connect the balance tabs on the balance board. the 6S connected fine when I went to connect the 4s tab, the balance wires started to fry. What did I do wrong? And also where can I get a new balance connector for a Turnigy 4S battery. Thanks Ty
jetfan20 is offline Find More Posts by jetfan20
Old Dec 18, 2009, 06:38 PM
Vancouver Isl
Joined Apr 2007
1,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomracing View Post
first off my 1010+B is probably the best charger i have used to date. my hats off to the designers.

ok short of sifting threw all 300+ pages of replies can i charge a 7s A123 pack using 1 3s balance plug, and 1 4s balance plug to get all 7 cells balanced?

if so how do i wire between the 2 plugs?

do i put the 3 cell plug (closest to the - of the battery) in the first 3 cell port on the balance port, and the 4 cell plug in the second 4 cell port, and then start the charge?

Jerry
Wouldn't it be easier to use 2x 4s balance plugs?
Old Dec 18, 2009, 06:40 PM
Vancouver Isl
Joined Apr 2007
1,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfan20 View Post
Hi guys,

I just purchased a 1010 charger and I tried to charge 10s setup using 1-4S & 1 6S battery. I connected the battery together red to black from 1 lipo to the other then I attempted to connect the balance tabs on the balance board. the 6S connected fine when I went to connect the 4s tab, the balance wires started to fry. What did I do wrong? And also where can I get a new balance connector for a Turnigy 4S battery. Thanks Ty
Well, what balance board did you use? The one provided with the charger for JST-XH plugs can only support up to 1 x 6s OR 2 x 5s OR 2 x 4s OR 3 x 3s OR 3 x 2s.

Since your packs are wired in series, you can't mix and match the balance connectors on different rows as that would create a short circuit, damaging at least the balance board and possibly the packs and charger. If your packs are wired in series, then you must ensure that your balancing leads are also wired in series.

This is why most people now recommend parallel charging (ie: packs of the same voltage ... 3s with 3s, 6s with 6s) vs series charging. Parallel charging greatly reduces the chances of incorrect wiring.

Looking at one side of the balance board, notice the letters: A, B, C, D, E ... you can only use one of those rows at a time if series charging. When parallel charging (packs made up of the same number of cells), you can use multiple rows, but only with connectors aligned on the negative side. Scan this thread for photos of that setup.

FYI, the recommended sequence by the manufacturer is to connect the balance lead first (see post #1).

You could build your own wiring harness to series charge a 6s and 4s together. The required JST-XH plugs are available at Digikey.
Last edited by marc1; Dec 18, 2009 at 06:49 PM.