SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:41 AM
Joined Dec 2009
5 Posts
108B Updated from 3.11c to 3.12 and same connection break at 3 min and 3 sec.
royand is offline Find More Posts by royand
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2009, 11:04 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,731 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5490
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Dec 12, 2009, 11:21 AM
Grand Prairie, Texas, USA
Joined Mar 2000
829 Posts
Based on the fact that some people are having no problems, and others can't seem to get the CB sorted out; I was wondering if the failing units (even after the latest upgrade) fall within a certain production series.
Do any off the newest units experience this problem?
It looks like junsi needs to collect a few of the bad chargers and try the latest updates on them to see if that works.

I am waiting on the "All Clear" to order mine. I don't really need a new charger, but what does that have anything to do with buying the latest and greatest?

Keep up the good work.
Philipp is offline Find More Posts by Philipp
Old Dec 12, 2009, 01:37 PM
Austria
Joined Jul 2008
159 Posts
Quote:
128: When Li battery count checked automatically is the same as user setting count, it will enter to charging/discharging without any confirmation.<Thanks Dan>
Is it possible to disable and enable this new feature in the settings?
tuxian is offline Find More Posts by tuxian
Old Dec 12, 2009, 02:34 PM
electric 500 / 600 / quads FPV
Australia, NSW, Killcare
Joined Oct 2004
156 Posts
1010B+ Upgraded to version 3.12 all good
106B+ Upgraded to version 3.12 all good

Just a note in Lipo balancing mode:
With firmware 3.12, if I follow the recommended connection procedure:
1) Connect Power to charger
2) Connect balance plug......... Then balancing error come on the screen
3) Connect positive battery
4) Connect negative battery

So everything's good.. just a bit surprising

Happy charging And so far no smoke
henrik2000 is offline Find More Posts by henrik2000
Old Dec 12, 2009, 02:51 PM
Australia, NSW, Killcare
Joined Oct 2004
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
I guess that they have a number of nodes in the software which branch to the error type displayed on the LCD.

Hopefully they have a table entry and one fault per message..

Now if it is a random unknown error displaying the "undocumented" or "internal errors" it can be a bit like a pin in a haystack.

All depends how well was the software documented in the first place.

Marketing, and pressure to deliver often force software designers to add the required valid comments.. Tomorrow...
Old Dec 12, 2009, 02:56 PM
Perth, Tasmania, Australia
Joined May 2000
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik2000 View Post
1010B+ Upgraded to version 3.12 all good
106B+ Upgraded to version 3.12 all good

Just a note in Lipo balancing mode:
With firmware 3.12, if I follow the recommended connection procedure:
1) Connect Power to charger
2) Connect balance plug......... Then balancing error come on the screen
3) Connect positive battery
4) Connect negative battery

So everything's good.. just a bit surprising

Happy charging And so far no smoke
Henrik,
Did you previously have the Connection Breakdown error with your chargers?

George
GeorgeC is offline Find More Posts by GeorgeC
Old Dec 12, 2009, 04:17 PM
Deerfield Beach, FL
Joined Apr 2006
1,649 Posts
i'm using icharger 106B+. with 3.11 firmware I have been charging just 6S packs and my transmitter pack and it works fine except for the bleed down issue which I guess I have to live with.

However today I've been trying to charge 2S packs and I'm setting the amps for 1.6amps on my 800mah packs. Unless the pack is almost flat dead, it won't go near that leavel. With packs at 4 volts on each cell, it sits at like
.60amps and takes forever and a day to charge, like 45 plus minutes.

Is this a problem with the 2S packs? Doing it with 3S packs as well. On my
6S packs, it keeps up the stated amps until the cells are basically at 4.2 volts and then drops the amps.

edit: I wanted to mention I've tried 6 different 2 and 3S packs and all do the same thing.
robl45 is offline Find More Posts by robl45
Old Dec 12, 2009, 05:52 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Are you using Charge, Balance Charge or Fast Charge ?
Do you have the balance lead connected ?
Have you checked whether once cell is reaching 4.2xV ahead of the other ?

It sounds as if the cells in the 2S packs are poorly matched and the balancer is working as hard as it can. The charger is backing off the charge current to the point where the balancer can hold the high cell in check while the low cell catches up. Try logging a charge cycle on a 2S pack and posting the logview graphs.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Dec 12, 2009, 06:07 PM
Australia, NSW, Killcare
Joined Oct 2004
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeC View Post
Henrik,
Did you previously have the Connection Breakdown error with your chargers?

George
Nope. Never had this dreadful event.. (Was lucky I guess) But my 1010B+ went in smoke after 20 minutes charging 10S @ 5A.

Batteries were not damaged, but I had to send back the 1010B+ to Chenzen.

I am guesstimate the word "Testing.. of the new software 3.12:
(This is in Lipo balancing mode)

- When nothing is connected to the charger.. It feels if any batteries are connected to the balancing port as well as the main leads going to the battery.
As soon as a valid voltage is seen on the balancing port, it does show: BAL. Error..
Then As soon as Positive and negative leads from the charger are connected to the battery, it shows a normal informational message.

I tried to switch from 2S to 6S and "Et voila" Works a treat!

In short: It is Testing the balancing port..
Perhaps the wording could be different.. But it does a very good job
Last edited by henrik2000; Dec 12, 2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 06:49 PM
Perth, Tasmania, Australia
Joined May 2000
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik2000 View Post
Nope. Never had this dreadful event..
I guess this where we need any responses to the success of the new firmware to FIRST identify if the charger had previously experienced the Connection Breakdown error. e.g. Charger 208B Connection Breakdown errors fixed after installing firmware 3.12

Any other reporting of no errors with the 3.12 installed, whilst informative, simply identifies that no new bugs have been introduced and the enhancements are successful. However I suspect most potential users and/or existing users want to know that the CB error is gone. If the error doesn't disappear then maybe we can determine that the error is more likely a hardware issue rather than software? Otherwise only Junsi and his team can tell us what they found when testing the CB error whether it was software, hardware or possibly both?

Is it possible to have a poll on this forum whereby we can identify how many are reporting CB errors and what charger/firmware they are using?

George
GeorgeC is offline Find More Posts by GeorgeC
Old Dec 12, 2009, 07:43 PM
Deerfield Beach, FL
Joined Apr 2006
1,649 Posts
yes balance charge, balance lead and main lead connected. I tried 6 different packs, one is almost brand new, one was brandnew. On every pack, the amps are dropping off around 4volts or less per cell. 6S packs don't do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly View Post
Are you using Charge, Balance Charge or Fast Charge ?
Do you have the balance lead connected ?
Have you checked whether once cell is reaching 4.2xV ahead of the other ?

It sounds as if the cells in the 2S packs are poorly matched and the balancer is working as hard as it can. The charger is backing off the charge current to the point where the balancer can hold the high cell in check while the low cell catches up. Try logging a charge cycle on a 2S pack and posting the logview graphs.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:36 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,036 Posts
That is very strange. You're sure that your main charge lead has no bad or loose connections? Are you using the same charge lead for your 2S/3S packs as when charging your 6S packs?

Does the aggregate voltage on the main charge screen closely match the per cell total shown when pressing the INC button during charge? The difference between these two will give you charge lead voltage drop. This difference should be negligible unless using extremely long leads or leads with problematic solder joints / connections.

Also, as mentioned previously, are the cell voltages closely matched when pressing the INC button during charge?

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2009, 11:49 PM
Deerfield Beach, FL
Joined Apr 2006
1,649 Posts
you figured it out and thank you. The charge lead I was using for the 2S and 3S packs was quite long, I redit a shorter charge lead and now it works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth View Post
That is very strange. You're sure that your main charge lead has no bad or loose connections? Are you using the same charge lead for your 2S/3S packs as when charging your 6S packs?

Does the aggregate voltage on the main charge screen closely match the per cell total shown when pressing the INC button during charge? The difference between these two will give you charge lead voltage drop. This difference should be negligible unless using extremely long leads or leads with problematic solder joints / connections.

Also, as mentioned previously, are the cell voltages closely matched when pressing the INC button during charge?

Mark
Old Dec 13, 2009, 01:56 AM
Indiana
Joined Feb 2007
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45 View Post
you figured it out and thank you. The charge lead I was using for the 2S and 3S packs was quite long, I redit a shorter charge lead and now it works fine.

Great investigative work mrforsyth !!!

Many of us take things like short charge leads for granted without giving them any concern. Many are not aware of this priority.
Thanks for your acute observation, and the reminder.
Richard
rsmheli is offline Find More Posts by rsmheli