HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2009, 11:45 PM
I will be an angry old man!
Vancouver Isl
Joined Apr 2007
1,360 Posts
Also, is the CB error purely a firmware fault or does it cascade into damaging physical components?

The reality remains that the CB error message is most likely a basket type error catch, which could occur based on firmware faults, hardware faults or user mis-handling of the appliance (causing physical damage), so the expectation that a firmware fix will resolve all occurrences of this message is not realistic.
marc1 is offline Find More Posts by marc1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2009, 11:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc1 View Post
Also, is the CB error purely a firmware fault or does it cascade into damaging physical components?

The reality remains that the CB error message is most likely a basket type error catch, which could occur based on firmware faults, hardware faults or user mis-handling of the appliance (causing physical damage), so the expectation that a firmware fix will resolve all occurrences of this message is not realistic.
If I have even a remote understanding of this, it is what I've feared all along.
angelfood is offline Find More Posts by angelfood
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 11, 2009, 11:57 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
It happens at exactly 3 minutes, then reports CONNECTION BREAKDOWN, then TERMINATION AT 3.02min, it is very consistent so it is some kind of software timer that ticks down, then it finds an error, but it seems like a false positive.

What's weird is for that 3 minutes it seems to be charging as it should. You can still charge your lipos if you are willing to reset the charger every 3 minutes LOL.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Dec 12, 2009, 12:00 AM
Firefox
USA, KS
Joined Oct 2005
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Thanks! The links are not changed on the first post (still shows v3.11c), but the firmware appears to be there on the Junsi website...

http://www.hillrc.com/UploadFiles/iC208B_V312.bin

Also, the web download through the updater works fine!
Is this update only for the 208B, how about the 106B+ etc ?
Firefox675 is offline Find More Posts by Firefox675
Old Dec 12, 2009, 12:09 AM
Vancouver Isl
Joined Apr 2007
1,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkkennard View Post
Is this update only for the 208B, how about the 106B+ etc ?
If you use the updater program, it will download the latest for your charger. Just click the "download button", and select the correct driver in the list.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 12:10 AM
Vancouver Isl
Joined Apr 2007
1,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun View Post
It happens at exactly 3 minutes, then reports CONNECTION BREAKDOWN, then TERMINATION AT 3.02min, it is very consistent so it is some kind of software timer that ticks down, then it finds an error, but it seems like a false positive.

What's weird is for that 3 minutes it seems to be charging as it should. You can still charge your lipos if you are willing to reset the charger every 3 minutes LOL.
I've heard of people living day by day, but you live in 3 minute slices!

... I feel your pain, I know what it's like when equipment we so dearly enjoy fails us.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 01:34 AM
Perth, Tasmania, Australia
Joined May 2000
354 Posts
Quote:

Ordinarily I would agree with you Marc, however given the release note and the lack of any real feedback from Junsi and his team about what they have discovered regarding the cause of the CB error, the expectation we have is not unfounded. Release notes say this for bug fixes -

Bug Fixes
=========
128: When Li battery count checked automatically is the same as user setting count, it will enter to charging/discharging without any confirmation.<Thanks Dan>
129: Improve program anti-jamming ability, to avoid unexpected rewriting to CPU flash(Only for 208B).<Thanks Charles>
130: Revised the "BREAK DOWN" problem which may happens when in cycle charging/discharging.

George
GeorgeC is offline Find More Posts by GeorgeC
Old Dec 12, 2009, 06:06 AM
Spending money helps, right?
Tewantin, QLD, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun View Post

Have you tried with an external meter connected to monitor the cells? Just curious as wether its actually charging or not.
SeaComms is offline Find More Posts by SeaComms
Old Dec 12, 2009, 08:48 AM
Joined Jul 2008
23 Posts
Updated my 106B+ from 3.11c to 3.12 and charged a 3S. No problems, not with 3.12 and not with earlier versions either.
jerrycan is offline Find More Posts by jerrycan
Old Dec 12, 2009, 09:44 AM
Firefox
USA, KS
Joined Oct 2005
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrycan View Post
Updated my 106B+ from 3.11c to 3.12 and charged a 3S. No problems, not with 3.12 and not with earlier versions either.

Where did you get 3.12 for the 106B at, or did you use the update software to find it ?
Old Dec 12, 2009, 09:55 AM
Austria
Joined Jul 2008
159 Posts
Is it difficult to look at the first page of this thread?
tuxian is offline Find More Posts by tuxian
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:03 AM
Firefox
USA, KS
Joined Oct 2005
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxian View Post
Is it difficult to look at the first page of this thread?

3.12 for the 106B+ wasn't there last night when the notice was posted. But the 208 version was.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:10 AM
Asks too many questions
Berkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2005
474 Posts
I love the new auto sensing of cell count in balance charging mode - so easy now to just connect battery and hit go straight away (assuming current setting is ok). Nice time saving feature.
natterjak is offline Find More Posts by natterjak
Old Dec 12, 2009, 11:04 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
I have only been asking other charger manufactures to follow FMAs lead for two years now, nice to see some lessen.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Dec 12, 2009, 11:37 AM
jdr43
USA, AR, Bella Vista
Joined Oct 2005
204 Posts
106b+

I just upgraded my 106B+ to version 312 and I notice it now says testing when I turn the charger on. It does seem to work ok. Just woundering what testing means
jdr43 is offline Find More Posts by jdr43