Old Dec 11, 2009, 02:43 AM
Munich, Germany
Joined Nov 2003
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneu View Post
None of your business my friend.

Steve Neu
With that attitude, you will not sell many That's the one thing, I don't like in todays economy, lots of importers putting their name on chinese stuff. I like to buy chinese products, but I want to know it in advance!

- Oliver
Smeagle is offline Find More Posts by Smeagle
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2009, 02:53 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneu View Post
Oh come on now. We handled Bantam for 3 years and now we have our own brand--hardly changing horses every 6 months.

Steve Neu
Steve if you'd read all you said before, maybe you would never write that way. David quoted your own text with a statement it is rebrand of Junsi's charger, later i asked about source and you forgot about what have you said earlier. Few posts above you said 'something' about Bantam. So read twise what you say and then make a decision about future thoughts. And it is OUR charger, and we want support it well, even if it is Junsi's, A Main or Nue charger. Please add a link to this thread (at least) on you page, add manual and info about latest Firmware, so you users can have briliant support from here even they pay more for charger with no support from you. And no mambas in my hand from now.
You iPhone is made by foxconn, if you wanted to know.

Guys, i have an old 106B, but not with a latest FW, anyone updated it to latest with connection failure as a result?
alex.guzun is offline Find More Posts by alex.guzun
Old Dec 11, 2009, 03:39 AM
Munich, Germany
Joined Nov 2003
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.guzun View Post
Guys, i have an old 106B, but not with a latest FW, anyone updated it to latest with connection failure as a result?
Good question.

I have three "original" 106B, all of them at 3.08 and without problem. And I fear to update them, too..

By the way, I'm sad, the original 106B is no longer available, it was really the best deal. I don't need all the extras of the 106B+ in every charger! So I bought 1 x 1010B+ (for "advanced" use like logging) and three cheapo 106B... I think, the 106B+ is a little too expensive, if you consider the risk of having to ship it to Asia in case of fault...

- Oliver
Smeagle is offline Find More Posts by Smeagle
Old Dec 11, 2009, 12:09 PM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
3.09 here, no problem
alex.guzun is offline Find More Posts by alex.guzun
Old Dec 11, 2009, 01:20 PM
Trondheim, Norway
Joined Jun 2003
2,806 Posts
FWIW, My 1010B (non plus) has always been on the latest firmware, and no CB problems for me either - 3S-6S, 1A to 10A charges.
thomanie is online now Find More Posts by thomanie
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2009, 01:31 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,521 Posts
It's been a over 3 days since our last "CB" update from Junsi, and I can only hope there is just a minor delay with the much awaited firmware fix. With the recent discussion I'm even more curious than before if there is a place we can download old firmware. I'm thinking perhaps using an older firmware on my 208b might work good enough for now, but unfortunately I didn't backup any of my old firmware files.

If anyone has saved copies of old firmware they'd like to share, I'd be glad to post them on my blog (at least until the CB issue is resolved).

Cheers,
Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
Old Dec 11, 2009, 02:42 PM
Joined Oct 2007
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglodite View Post
If anyone has saved copies of old firmware they'd like to share, I'd be glad to post them on my blog (at least until the CB issue is resolved).

Cheers,
Kev
This is for 106B+ ,purchased from HK one Year ago .
I did't save the original v3.08 "FW" ( Where there is no "CB" errors at the time)
and I miss the v3.11b "FW" .
I run v3.09 with no problem but very light usage ( NiMh ,2s-3s lipo at 1C) .

Maybe "Junsi" can put a link with old "FW" for each charger ........

George
teresos is offline Find More Posts by teresos
Last edited by teresos; Dec 11, 2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 02:57 PM
Trondheim, Norway
Joined Jun 2003
2,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglodite
The FW links in the first post will also give you access to older versions of the FW if you copy the link, then replace the version number with the one version you want, and then save it to disk. At least at time of writing ...

T
thomanie is online now Find More Posts by thomanie
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2009, 04:21 PM
Joined Oct 2007
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomanie View Post
The FW links in the first post will also give you access to older versions of the FW if you copy the link, then replace the version number with the one version you want, and then save it to disk. At least at time of writing ...

T

...Yes....It works.......
Thanks , thomanie .

George
teresos is offline Find More Posts by teresos
Old Dec 11, 2009, 09:35 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
v3.12 is releasing!

Hello everyone,

The latest version 3.12 is releasing now!

We are so sorry bringing you troubles about the "break Down" some time ago.
And also thank you for your continuous support of our charger.

The details you can download in the first page of this thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839657

Regards,
Cindy
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Old Dec 11, 2009, 09:55 PM
I will be an angry old man!
Vancouver Isl
Joined Apr 2007
1,360 Posts
Thanks! The links are not changed on the first post (still shows v3.11c), but the firmware appears to be there on the Junsi website...

http://www.hillrc.com/UploadFiles/iC208B_V312.bin

Also, the web download through the updater works fine!
marc1 is offline Find More Posts by marc1
Last edited by marc1; Dec 11, 2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 09:58 PM
Perth, Tasmania, Australia
Joined May 2000
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi View Post
Hello everyone,

The latest version 3.12 is releasing now!

We are so sorry bringing you troubles about the "break Down" some time ago.
And also thank you for your continuous support of our charger.

The details you can download in the first page of this thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839657

Regards,
Cindy
Thank you Cindy & Junsi!
Let's hope this returns the iCharger to the top of everyone's Christmas list!
It's not on the first page but you can get it here http://www.hillrc.com/UploadFiles/iC208B_V312.bin (Edit: Marc beat me to it)
Cheers,
George
GeorgeC is offline Find More Posts by GeorgeC
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:12 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
I hate to say it but I just tried version 3.12 with 3s and 2s lipos from .2 to 2 amp charging. I tried balance charging and regular charging.

Same problem, at exactly the 3 minute mark "CONNECTION BREAKDOWN"

Bummer.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:37 PM
Perth, Tasmania, Australia
Joined May 2000
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun View Post
I hate to say it but I just tried version 3.12 with 3s and 2s lipos from .2 to 2 amp charging. I tried balance charging and regular charging.

Same problem, at exactly the 3 minute mark "CONNECTION BREAKDOWN"

Bummer.
This is really disappointing however the test will be how all the others that have reported the CB error get on.
I would have expected that given the list of CB errors logged here, that Junsi and his team would have sent out a "beta" version to someone to prove the update worked? Hopefully they did and Flopgun's problem is an isolated one.

We live in hope.

George
GeorgeC is offline Find More Posts by GeorgeC
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:38 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,812 Posts
I wonder if when they are testing new firware if they use new chargers or ones that have been returned due to suffering the dreaded Connection Breakdown?
Perhaps new firmware is an ounce of prevention but not a pound of cure.

Perhaps only 1/2 of one percent ever develop this problem and so the 1/10 of one % they test would never fail anyway.

Wonder how they go about forced the error to see if the new firmware helps prevent it?

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer