HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2009, 08:23 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Jak, Neu's products are top notch, and he usually is quite friendly. The question must have somehow hit a nerve or he had a bad day.
angelfood is offline Find More Posts by angelfood
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2009, 10:48 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 1999
7,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.guzun View Post
That was not nice of you, Steve After all, thst was a support related question for all of us, not a business one.

David, thank you for clarifying.
Some questions are not polite to ask in a public forum. Asking about the sources of products that are OEM is one of them. As a result you got a cool answer.

Would say Apple Computer or Toyota tell you which companies are contract manufacturing products for them?

Steve Neu
sneu is offline Find More Posts by sneu
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:09 AM
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Feb 2008
1,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneu View Post
Would say Apple Computer or Toyota tell you which companies are contract manufacturing
If you called them up and asked you'd be told "None of your business". But if you asked that same question on a 3rd party forum to a broad audience (as was done here), the CEO of the company would not log on and act like the question was directed to them alone.

I suggest redirecting customer attention to where you excel over the competition, such as better customer support and service.
SteveM732 is offline Find More Posts by SteveM732
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:14 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Well, you appear to be right on the latter point: great products, but improvement needed on service.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 01:53 PM
Joined Dec 1999
7,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM732 View Post
If you called them up and asked you'd be told "None of your business". But if you asked that same question on a 3rd party forum to a broad audience (as was done here), the CEO of the company would not log on and act like the question was directed to them alone.
Maybe so--but given that the question was asking for information that only could come from Junsi or NeuEnergy I took at as directed at us. The business relations and some product information on items made for us as OEM are not up for public display.

I am sorry if some people took offense to the response.

Steve Neu
Old Dec 10, 2009, 02:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Quote:
Maybe so--but given that the question was asking for information that only could come from Junsi or NeuEnergy I took at as directed at us. The business relations and some product information on items made for us as OEM are not up for public display.

I am sorry if some people took offense to the response.

Steve Neu
Don't sweat it, it comes with the territory: your products are first rate.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 05:21 PM
I will be an angry old man!
Vancouver Isl
Joined Apr 2007
1,360 Posts
I guess if you purchase the same product from the same manufacturer as other retailers do and all you do is slap on a different sticker, then consumers will figure out that your orange masquerading as a lemon is still an orange.

When most other retailers post in this forum, it's to help customers (often not their own). Sneu on the other hand, all his posts seem to be directly promoting his business. It's all fine, but other retailers tend to go for the moral high ground.

Every 6 months, it seems sneu is pushing a new, totally different line of chargers, while others stick with the same manufacturer year after year.

As for who makes what for which automaker, all that can be found in the public arena, there are no secrets in the automotive industry, as sub-contractors often supply parts for competing manufacturers. Even competing manufacturers will pump out the same vehicle on the same assembly line, with slight cosmetic differences. In today's economy, you can't gain a competitive edge by selling the same thing everyone else does.

Not criticizing, just making a few observations... now back to our original programming...

======================

My 208B received from Dave several months ago hasn't even had a hiccup! The only problem I have now is that I really can't justify changing chargers for quite some time
marc1 is offline Find More Posts by marc1
Old Dec 10, 2009, 05:58 PM
Joined Dec 1999
7,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc1 View Post

Every 6 months, it seems sneu is pushing a new, totally different line of chargers, while others stick with the same manufacturer year after year.
Oh come on now. We handled Bantam for 3 years and now we have our own brand--hardly changing horses every 6 months.

Steve Neu
Old Dec 10, 2009, 06:56 PM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
... and now we have our own brand--

Steve Neu
Well, I guess that You should really make decission, about how "your own charger" perform -
A) just like any other charger, e.g. bantam, hyperion, sjpropo, and iCharger at the beginning - see post #25
B) ideas provided here in THIS thread were read and applied into "Your own" firmware
C) firmware that was made and tuned up in this thread since post #25, is simply used.

Quoted post #25:
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi View Post
when in normal charge, if you don't connect to the balancing port,take a 3S Lipo for example, you set the charge current at 5A ,when the chager enter into CV, the voltage reaches 4.2*3=12.6V,the charge progress will safely stop when the charge current reduce to 1/10C=500mA.
if you connect to the balancing port,the 1010B can monitor each cell's voltage,when the cell's voltage over 4.25V,the 1010B will teminate the charge progress with error.
Well sneu, I guess You should better think twice, what is whose "own".
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Dec 10, 2009, 07:41 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Let's give ole Sneu a break-he has been a positive influence in the field for some time. Now, back to the subject-matter this week: connection breakdown fever!
Old Dec 10, 2009, 08:29 PM
hamilton Vic
Joined Jun 2006
182 Posts
How do I get i contact with support?

My 1010+ just started crackling mid way through charging a pack and smoke poured out everywhere. It is now dead.This one is less than 12 months old.
beans07 is offline Find More Posts by beans07
Old Dec 10, 2009, 08:40 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
First stop should be the distributor - who did you buy your iCharger from?
write2dgray is offline Find More Posts by write2dgray
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2009, 08:57 PM
hamilton Vic
Joined Jun 2006
182 Posts
There is no distributor for them here in OZ anymore well at least not where I bought it from as they shut up shop. The one I have now was sent to me from junsi about 12 months ago as a replacement for one that was faulty from new.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 09:01 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Sheesh, you are having poor luck beans

ArkInnovations stocks them locally but since you got it direct from Junsi I suggest you sort it out via PM with them.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Dec 10, 2009, 09:15 PM
hamilton Vic
Joined Jun 2006
182 Posts
Thanks kenneth, in all honesty these pair of chargers have been very good. With the back up support that is offered it's not a real issue. I have 3 other 10s chargers that I can make do with until this one gets fixed.