Old Dec 09, 2009, 11:20 AM
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Feb 2008
1,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneu View Post
None of your business my friend.

Steve Neu
While I respect your right to closely guard the sources of your relabeled products, I also respect the right of people on RCGroups to ask such questions without getting treated second class. If anyone finds out the difference (if any) a community like this likes to share the knowledge so that we may all benefit.

Kinda like Helping Junsi make a better product, we all win, eh?
SteveM732 is offline Find More Posts by SteveM732
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2009, 11:23 AM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
I believe the manufacturer of the "X10" was confirmed in a previous post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneu
Our X10 is a OEM version of the iCharger 1010B+ 300 watt 10S unit. ...

Happy Turkey day!
Steve Neu
And I can verify that the AMain version is just an iCharger, with no variation or rebranding at all. All are made and produced to the same specifications, at the same location, and are identical in every way (except for the label on the "X10" ).

I hope this helps clear the air on this issue.

Looking forward to the new firmware in the next couple of days, hopefully this will mean final resolution to all "connection breakdown" issues.

Cheers,
David
write2dgray is offline Find More Posts by write2dgray
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2009, 02:34 PM
Belfast / Dublin
Joined May 2004
1,554 Posts
need a recommendation for a charger for parallel charging 4s packs... would the 106 be up to it or should i go with 1010?

i have a 13.8v power supply... so i don't have enough volts for the 206/208 chargers
big bird is offline Find More Posts by big bird
Old Dec 09, 2009, 02:50 PM
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,475 Posts
BB
What is the ma rating of the packs?
Neal
Nobert is offline Find More Posts by Nobert
Old Dec 09, 2009, 03:16 PM
Ignint McNugget
behind Jaggi lines
Joined Jan 2004
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bird View Post
i have a 13.8v power supply... so i don't have enough volts for the 206/208 chargers
According to the iCharger manuals:
The 106B+ can give a max of 250W on 13.8V
The 206 can give a max of ~260W on 13.8V
The 1010B+ can give a max of 300W on 13.8V
The 208 can give a max of ~300W on 13.8V

Don't exclude the 20X chargers based on your current power supply! Plus, if you ever do get a 18V+ supply with enough amp-delivering capability, you can push the 208 up to 350W (or the 206 up to 300W).

Unless you need 10s charge capability, I'd say the 208 is a better choice than the 1010B+.
Rumple is offline Find More Posts by Rumple
Old Dec 09, 2009, 03:35 PM
RC addicted
Patchogue, NY
Joined Jan 2009
102 Posts
Am I the only one who doesn't have CB issues? I have 106B+and 208 and I've been using them almost daily for about a year. I recall a couple of error messages but those could be addressed by mistakes in power scheme of my old charge box, once I changed the wiring no more errors at all. And I have latest firmware.
maximlg253 is offline Find More Posts by maximlg253
Old Dec 09, 2009, 04:43 PM
Bogota Colombia
Joined Oct 2008
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximlg253 View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't have CB issues? I have 106B+and 208 and I've been using them almost daily for about a year. I recall a couple of error messages but those could be addressed by mistakes in power scheme of my old charge box, once I changed the wiring no more errors at all. And I have latest firmware.
I got the an Icharger 106+ for more than a year with the latest software without any issue, I been charging Lipos, Nimh, etc... Just a lucky guy?

Regards,
Gustavo
haggy38 is offline Find More Posts by haggy38
Old Dec 09, 2009, 04:50 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
No you are not the only one. If the charger works most people have no need to post on forums. If someone has a problem they post seeking help. Hence we see many posts from the small proportion that are having problems. Mine have been working problem free since new and they are amongst the first ever shipped.

It is very frustrating to spend a significant amount on a charger and have it misbehave. The difference with Junsi is that they have shown that they care by acknowledging it whenever a problem is found (rather than ducking, denying or ignoring like some others) and working on a solution. Clearly this problem is proving difficult and taking longer to fix than anyone would like, but Junsi's track record is excellent and patience is the best medicine for now.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Dec 09, 2009, 05:43 PM
Splash down counter: 8
United States, FL, New Port Richey
Joined Jul 2006
1,076 Posts
I wonder why charger manufacturers don't put some kind of plastic (even clear) at least an inch or so around the output power connectors? I know from experience that people can forget and connect the charger side last by mistake(or disconnect the charger side output first by mistake). If you miss the plug when connecting it you can cause a very short lived battery short against the outside case around the connector depending on which .

It is easier to make this mistake when the output power connectors are on the side of the charger than when on top because you sometimes can not see the connector very well on the side depending on where you are standing in relation to the side of the charger. I never had that happen with any charger that had the output connectors on top but all the chargers with output connectors on the side I usually made the mistake once on each.

I doubt this causes any problems with the battery since it lasts for such a tiny amount of time based on experience but the spark and weld pitting on the case sure scares you.

I know this is user error but things happen.
xStatiCa is offline Find More Posts by xStatiCa
Old Dec 09, 2009, 07:03 PM
Belfast / Dublin
Joined May 2004
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobert View Post
BB
What is the ma rating of the packs?
Neal
biggest packs are up to 4000 mAh 4s and prolly 3300 5s packs.. plus smaller stuff
Old Dec 09, 2009, 07:23 PM
Belfast / Dublin
Joined May 2004
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumple View Post
According to the iCharger manuals:
The 106B+ can give a max of 250W on 13.8V
The 206 can give a max of ~260W on 13.8V
The 1010B+ can give a max of 300W on 13.8V
The 208 can give a max of ~300W on 13.8V

Don't exclude the 20X chargers based on your current power supply! Plus, if you ever do get a 18V+ supply with enough amp-delivering capability, you can push the 208 up to 350W (or the 206 up to 300W).

Unless you need 10s charge capability, I'd say the 208 is a better choice than the 1010B+.
that's interesting to know, thanks

any reason for that preference?... i was looking at 106B also...
208B looks good, but i'm not convinced i need that sort of fire power
Old Dec 09, 2009, 10:18 PM
Ignint McNugget
behind Jaggi lines
Joined Jan 2004
907 Posts
Quote:

IMO, the only reason to select the 1010B+ over the 208 is if you need the 9s and/or 10s capability. If you don't need that, the 208 gives you 20A max (instead of 10A), and 350W max (instead of 300), more bang for the buck. Plus, the 208 has data logging capabilities.

If all you need is 6s and the lesser of 10A/250W, then the 106B+ can serve you well and let you save some coin.
Rumple is offline Find More Posts by Rumple
Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:26 AM
Indiana
Joined Feb 2007
574 Posts
Quote:

Plan for the future Bigbird,
You never know where your needs or wants will end up.
It's always better to have too much firepower, verses, not having enough.
it is a small upgrade in price initially, but I'll bet you will be glad you did it in the long run.
From a favorite movie, "Don't take a knife to a gunfight".
Richard
rsmheli is offline Find More Posts by rsmheli
Old Dec 10, 2009, 05:51 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM732 View Post
While I respect your right to closely guard the sources of your relabeled products, I also respect the right of people on RCGroups to ask such questions without getting treated second class. If anyone finds out the difference (if any) a community like this likes to share the knowledge so that we may all benefit.

Kinda like Helping Junsi make a better product, we all win, eh?
That was not nice of you, Steve After all, thst was a support related question for all of us, not a business one.

David, thank you for clarifying.
alex.guzun is offline Find More Posts by alex.guzun
Old Dec 10, 2009, 07:12 AM
Asks too many questions
Berkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2005
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneu View Post
None of your business my friend.

Steve Neu
What a great first impression of a brand. I've never heard of Neu products before but now you've fixed in my head an image of a rude and hostile response to a simple question I shall be sure to avoid them in future.
natterjak is offline Find More Posts by natterjak