Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 17, 2009, 10:51 AM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,996 Posts
Strange - I definitely had the old driver working for updating on my Win7 x32 install.

Thanks as always Junsi for the prompt response and attention to this matter. It would be great if the driver could be included in the first post as well.

Also, is the new Win7 driver compatible with XP and Vista as well, or are different drivers required?

Thanks,
David
write2dgray is offline Find More Posts by write2dgray
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:18 AM
Just call me Stealth
Canada, BC, Delta
Joined Sep 2008
527 Posts
I was running Win7 x64... perhaps that's the difference.
StealthGod is offline Find More Posts by StealthGod
Old Sep 17, 2009, 09:01 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by write2dgray
It would be great if the driver could be included in the first post as well.

Also, is the new Win7 driver compatible with XP and Vista as well, or are different drivers required?

Thanks,
David
Hello David,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Maybe the new Win7 driver is not compatible with XP and Vista.

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is online now Find More Posts by junsi
Old Sep 18, 2009, 05:04 AM
Bird of Pray
The Netherlands
Joined Mar 2007
673 Posts
Hi Junsi,

I have the 208B+ and love it! The only thing which does not make sense to me is changing the current while charging. It is a great feature but if I want to change the current let's say increase A with 2 amps then I have to press the increase button 20 times. It would make much more sense to hold the button to increase it. Same to decrease it........

Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
Hello David,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Maybe the new Win7 driver is not compatible with XP and Vista.

Regards,
Junsi
Flying Dutchy is offline Find More Posts by Flying Dutchy
Old Sep 18, 2009, 06:40 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,539 Posts
Quote:
It would make much more sense to hold the button to increase it. Same to decrease it........
Update to Rec. 3.11 and that is how it works.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Sep 19, 2009, 09:42 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3 Posts
I hope that this hasn't been asked too many times, but I didn't want to read through 316 pages of posts.

I'm trying to get the USB driver to work with Vista x64. I have installed them multiple times from the disc and with the drivers on the first page. But they do not work. When I go into the device manager it has a yellow exclamation point saying:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

Any ideas on how to get them to work?

Thanks
billy gunn is offline Find More Posts by billy gunn
Old Sep 20, 2009, 12:01 AM
Joined Apr 2007
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy gunn
I hope that this hasn't been asked too many times, but I didn't want to read through 316 pages of posts.

I'm trying to get the USB driver to work with Vista x64. I have installed them multiple times from the disc and with the drivers on the first page. But they do not work. When I go into the device manager it has a yellow exclamation point saying:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

Thanks
Look back one page for a newer driver.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4721

edit: later post by Junsi states it might not be for XP or Vista. Worst case is, it doesn't work.
chainring is offline Find More Posts by chainring
Old Sep 20, 2009, 04:02 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2009
2 Posts
Junsi hi

I received my new 208B last Monday from Hobby King.

I have a similar problem to Julez since updating to Ver 3.11.

When I start a balance charge, the amp's will start to ramp up to what was set in the charge rate, it will then stop at the set rate and the charger will then lockup, the battery voltage will flicker but but the charge will not start, everything else is locked up, even the buttons on the charger, the only way to exit is to disconnect the charger from the PSU.

This is also happening in all other charge modes.

If I try to reinstall the the firmware and Ver 3.11a via the upgrade software Ver 1.4, it starts then says re-connecting then I get the device not found although the charger and it's serial number is seen in the device list window.

I have also tried powering up the charger holding the stop button but as in Julez case it didn't work.

Could you also confirm that the charger should be supplied with a balance board mine didn't, It does have the connector but no board

Any help would be much appreciated as I now am unable to use the charger.

Regards

Malcolm
snoopydog is offline Find More Posts by snoopydog
Last edited by snoopydog; Sep 20, 2009 at 06:09 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 04:04 AM
Bird of Pray
The Netherlands
Joined Mar 2007
673 Posts
Cool thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
Update to Rec. 3.11 and that is how it works.

Charles
Flying Dutchy is offline Find More Posts by Flying Dutchy
Old Sep 20, 2009, 11:32 AM
Joined Sep 2009
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy gunn

Thanks
Please disregard, I got it to work after playing around with it some more.
billy gunn is offline Find More Posts by billy gunn
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:24 AM
Joined Jul 2009
34 Posts
For those who did not get curvecompare to work,, i just installed LogView Version 2.5.0.240 and now it works.
freddy85 is offline Find More Posts by freddy85
Old Sep 22, 2009, 05:57 AM
TOH
Suomi, Etelä-Suomi, Helsinki
Joined Jul 2007
22 Posts
208B & A123

Hi Junsi.

I purchase new 208B charger from HC.
New SW Ver 3.11. Installed.
3.65 VDC A123 termination voltage
I charge A123 packs 4s & 6s by using 208B, at future I start to charge 8s A123.
Supply voltages 24VDC or 21VDC
Charge current was 20A 4s or maximum power (350W). 6s

About 20 balancing charge was performed, maybe 2-3 of these charges terminated to BATTERY OWERVOLTAGE alarm. (No supply voltage over voltage alarm)
Chargers indicate real over voltages (3.8x V per cell) in output voltage ‘page’.

Maybe this behavior can indicated some failure or problem?

One questions about lead acid battery, can you add cycling modes to lead acid battery program?

TOH
TOH is offline Find More Posts by TOH
Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:14 AM
Kirkkonummi, Finland
Joined Mar 2006
63 Posts
TOH,

What does it say on the individual cell voltages page? I red your "output voltage" meaning the total voltage shown on the charging main screen. This voltage is what the charger is "sending" over to the battery pack. After the resistive losses on the cables, the voltage is lower. The charger adjusts the voltage by the feedback from your balancing wires. The balancing leads are not carrying the current and therefore they do provide reasonably accurate mechanism to monitor the real cell and pack voltage.

The more amps you use in charging the bigger the "overvoltage" in the main leads (charger end) and on the charger screen is. The charger is still completely on top of the situation because it has better information by the balance wires.

The reason I am asking about the readings of individual cells is that should there be a problem in the balance wire connections, that would manifest itself as a missing reading in cell voltages and/or in "BATTERY OVER VOLTAGE" message.

-mikko

btw,
RC-Sabe has nowadays taken these great chargers into their portfolio...
saarisalo is offline Find More Posts by saarisalo
Last edited by saarisalo; Sep 22, 2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:48 AM
TOH
Suomi, Etelä-Suomi, Helsinki
Joined Jul 2007
22 Posts
Hi Mikko.

Bouth, balansing and charger output 'screens' show 3.8xV voltages.
The battery was 3.8x voltages / cell, this confirmed by MKS balanser.

No daud the over voltages was real in battery pack.

TOH
TOH is offline Find More Posts by TOH
Old Sep 22, 2009, 12:35 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,539 Posts
TOH I have a lot of experience with A123 batteries and I can tell you that the voltage goes from 3.6 to 3.8 plus with very little mAh added. If these are new batteries then it would be best to charge them at a lower rate ,say 5 amps. for a few times so that the balanceing can keep up. With limited balancing power available one or more cells exceed the target voltage and the charge is terminated.

I have had this to happen with several different chargers with new A123 batteries. A few years ago I decided it was best to cycle new A123 cells 3 to 5 times before using them to build a battery.

The slight amount of overcharging will not hurt the cells. I have charged a 3S A123 at 20Amps. to 11.55 (3.85 per cell) close to 500 times and the battery is still good..

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer