HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2009, 03:31 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeC
I hope the answers will be public so the rest of us know what to do if we strike the same problem - please.

George
Our engineers assumed that the firmware has somehow been damaged. To remedy it needs to be re-upgraded compulsively
- Connect to computer
- Hold STOP button on charger
- Power on charger (screen will go black, then turn on)
- Update as usual

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2009, 03:56 AM
Perth, Tasmania, Australia
Joined May 2000
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
Our engineers assumed that the firmware has somehow been damaged. To remedy it needs to be re-upgraded compulsively
- Connect to computer
- Hold STOP button on charger
- Power on charger (screen will go black, then turn on)
- Update as usual

Regards,
Junsi
Not only do you have the best charger but the best feedback too Junsi.

George
GeorgeC is offline Find More Posts by GeorgeC
Old Sep 16, 2009, 05:02 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,354 Posts
I have to agree,

Junsi is very fast when it comes to helping people. Thanks for that!

But unfortunatelly, it dod not work out in my case:

I pressed the "Stop" button while powering up the charger. Then, all pixels at the top line of the display were black. But as soon as I release the button, the charger continues to boot normal.
I tried to upgrade now, but the charger reboots and the upgrade program says: "device not found".
When I leave my finger on the button after powering up and try to upgrade, nothing happens, and the program says : "device not found" again.

Cheers,

Julez

Edit:

Junsi is working on the problem, and asked me to show photos of my connection cables, power supply etc.
I figured to do it here, as the pictures are rater large for eMail.

So here we go.

Speaking of the adapter from the charger's bullet connector to the MPX plug, the bullet housings are made of brass pipe. Now I do not exclude the possibility, that there might be a little oxidation on the inside due to the soldering heat. Although 3 of these connectors worked fine for the last year, I made 2 new ones recently, and this could be one of them.
So theoretically, it would be possible that the 208B saw a brief interruption of input power, when it ramped up the current.
However, as the output leads were practically short circuited during the test, the max voltage would be like 0.5V, making a power of 10W. This is around 1A at 12V input. I doubt that the contact was bad enough, so that it could not handle that little current.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Last edited by Julez; Sep 16, 2009 at 06:11 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:05 AM
Just call me Stealth
Canada, BC, Delta
Joined Sep 2008
539 Posts
I'm still having driver issues with Windows 7. I tell Windows to accept the USB driver and it installs the driver. When I plug the 208B into the USB port (using the supplied cable) it recognizes it, uses the correct driver, but then tells me there's a problem. If I check the "Devices and Printers" area, it shows "Junsi USB to UART Bridge (COM3)" with the little yellow exclamation mark. I've tried pointing it at the installed driver, but it's already using that.

When I run Upgrader v1.4, it shows no devices.
StealthGod is offline Find More Posts by StealthGod
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:34 AM
Kirkkonummi, Finland
Joined Mar 2006
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGod
I'm still having driver issues with Windows 7. I tell Windows to accept the USB driver and it installs the driver. When I plug the 208B into the USB port (using the supplied cable) it recognizes it, uses the correct driver, but then tells me there's a problem. If I check the "Devices and Printers" area, it shows "Junsi USB to UART Bridge (COM3)" with the little yellow exclamation mark. I've tried pointing it at the installed driver, but it's already using that.

When you plug the charger to your pc, does Widows prompt you to install driver? I did have similar situation to yours and the OS did ask to install the driver. I said yes, and pointed to the directory containing Junsi drivers. After that its all fine and works perfectly.

-mikko
saarisalo is offline Find More Posts by saarisalo
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:17 PM
Just call me Stealth
Canada, BC, Delta
Joined Sep 2008
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saarisalo
When you plug the charger to your pc, does Widows prompt you to install driver? I did have similar situation to yours and the OS did ask to install the driver. I said yes, and pointed to the directory containing Junsi drivers. After that its all fine and works perfectly.

-mikko
Yes, it did ask for the driver. It has found and copied the correct files to the windows\system(32?) directory. However, the upgrader shows no devices found, and windows tells me that the device may not be installed correctly.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 02:38 PM
Joined Jul 2009
34 Posts
Quote:

have the same problem.. think the driver not suppour win 7.. i had to install virtual xp to get it working
freddy85 is offline Find More Posts by freddy85
Old Sep 16, 2009, 03:04 PM
Just call me Stealth
Canada, BC, Delta
Joined Sep 2008
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy85
have the same problem.. think the driver not suppour win 7.. i had to install virtual xp to get it working
That's pretty much what I'm thinking. I was hoping for others to say they have had success under Windows 7, or for Junsi to say that it is (or isn't) supported.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 09:47 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
That's pretty much what I'm thinking. I was hoping for others to say they have had success under Windows 7, or for Junsi to say that it is (or isn't) supported.
Hello Sir,

We are sorry to say that currently it can not support Windows 7. However, we will improve the firmware later.

If there is some news, we will let you know.

Regards,
Junsi
Old Sep 17, 2009, 01:10 AM
Just call me Stealth
Canada, BC, Delta
Joined Sep 2008
539 Posts
Quote:
Hello Sir,

We are sorry to say that currently it can not support Windows 7. However, we will improve the firmware later.

If there is some news, we will let you know.

Regards,
Junsi
Thanks for clarifying. I'll see if I can find a computer with XP to flash the firmware.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 02:08 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for clarifying. I'll see if I can find a computer with XP to flash the firmware.
Hello Sir,

Would you pls try this USB driver? And pls let us know the result.

Regards,
Junsi
Old Sep 17, 2009, 02:26 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez

I pressed the "Stop" button while powering up the charger. Then, all pixels at the top line of the display were black. But as soon as I release the button, the charger continues to boot normal.
I tried to upgrade now, but the charger reboots and the upgrade program says: "device not found".
When I leave my finger on the button after powering up and try to upgrade, nothing happens, and the program says : "device not found" again.
Hello Julez,

I have send you a PM, pls check it.

Regards,
Junsi
Old Sep 17, 2009, 09:17 AM
Joined Jul 2009
34 Posts
Junsi, for me the driver works perfect on win 7.

thanks
freddy85 is offline Find More Posts by freddy85
Old Sep 17, 2009, 10:59 AM
Just call me Stealth
Canada, BC, Delta
Joined Sep 2008
539 Posts
Quote:
Hello Sir,

Would you pls try this USB driver? And pls let us know the result.

Regards,
Junsi
Works perfectly. I reinstalled with that driver and the upgrader detected the charger (after clicking "Include COMx Port"). I have successfully upgraded the firmware to v3.11.

Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:14 AM
Kirkkonummi, Finland
Joined Mar 2006
63 Posts
Junsi,

Your support and responsiveness here is just amazing!

With Respect,
-mikko
saarisalo is offline Find More Posts by saarisalo