HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:24 PM
Santiago - Chile
Joined Jul 2009
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
Hello Sir,

Would you pls press STOP button for 3 seconds, to check the individual cell voltage? Then you can measure it by multimeter, to see if the difference is more than 10mV or not. If the difference is less than 10mV, then the charger is without any problem.

According to your provided data, it's normal. Maybe the problem is that the Cell 2 internal resistance is higher.

Regards,
Junsi
Sorry but I do not understand: It will be normal that the charger needs 90 min. to charge a almost full (84%) LiPo Pack and is not able to finished the charging procedure balancing the cells because the cell voltage does not has 4,2 V (setup). LogView showed 12,6 V for the LiPo and each cell had 4,02 V? ---> 3 x 4,02 = 12,06 and not 12,60 V or am I wrong???
The same LiPo my ThunderPower charger charged in 34 min.
By the way: I tried to make the calibration, following you instruction. But only get this: www.Jun-si.com and a large number. Holding down the start bottom for 3 sec. ---> nothing.
MDEMSKI is offline Find More Posts by MDEMSKI
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2009, 12:23 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,260 Posts
Quote:
According to your provided data, it's normal. Maybe the problem is that the Cell 2 internal resistance is higher.

Regards,
Junsi
It's not normal to have a 0.74V difference between pack voltage and the sum of cell voltages, at least not when current is close to zero. It seems to be a calibration problem and the charger is backing off because of pack voltage limit and not based on cell voltage.

Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Jul 16, 2009, 12:29 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDEMSKI
By the way: I tried to make the calibration, following you instruction.
Should be easy to check if calibration is needed by measuring the voltage at the charger terminals with your multimeter, and compare with the displayed one, just like you already did with the cell voltages.

Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Jul 16, 2009, 05:06 AM
Jerez De La Frontera La Parra, Spain
Joined Oct 2004
133 Posts
hello!
Since measuring the voltage at the battery balancer terminal when this balancing??

thanks
nobita is offline Find More Posts by nobita
Old Jul 16, 2009, 07:21 AM
mm2
Joined Aug 2007
51 Posts
I am not native english speaker so I apologize if it's crystalclear for you but I don't understand what these calibration instructions exactly mean: "Steadily 12V input power supply" and "When calibrating, you need clear the voltage source."

Does it mean I just need zero-ripple input power source (e.g. lead-acid battery) or do I need exactly 12,000V reference input voltage?
mm2 is offline Find More Posts by mm2
Old Jul 16, 2009, 07:40 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,210 Posts
Quote:
Hello Julez,

It can not only calibrate the individual cell voltage, but also the main voltage.

Regards,
Junsi
Hi Junsi,

I need your help here. How do I calibrate the main voltage?

Here is what I do:
I connect a 4s A123 Pack to the charger with main and balancing cables. I think this is enough, as I do not want to calibrate the individual voltages.
I connect the CellLog in parallel, to read the main voltage.
I follow steps 1-4 of your calibration manual. But I can only scroll through the individual voltages 1-10. Number 5-10 show nothing, of course.
How do I get to the main voltage?

Thanks,

Julez
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Last edited by Julez; Jul 16, 2009 at 08:04 AM.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 07:41 AM
Potage, MI
Joined Dec 2003
534 Posts
I was able to successfully calibrate each channel on 208B to +-0.001 volts against my reference standard. After I use it a while and it cycles through heating/cooling cycles I'll check it again and report back.

Thanks,
Vince
Vince53 is offline Find More Posts by Vince53
Old Jul 16, 2009, 08:19 AM
Asks too many questions
Berkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2005
474 Posts
I have a problem developing with my 1010B+. The stop button does not work all the time, sometimes it's ok, sometimes it has no effect. If you press it 5 times in a row it might not work the first 4 times, then the 5th time it works.

Is there anything I can do to fix it myself or is a warranty return issue? This is not my original 1010B+ it's the one I received as a warranty replacement when my original smoked itself during a charge Not sure what Hobbyking's view on a second warranty exchange will be but I originally purchased my charger in November last year so I've had less than a year of total usage and have only had this charger for 2 months.
natterjak is offline Find More Posts by natterjak
Old Jul 16, 2009, 08:33 AM
mm2
Joined Aug 2007
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
How do I get to the main voltage?
Julez
It works for me on 1010B+. After step 3 don't press <Inc> to jump to per-cell volatge screen, however, directly in the main screen (displaying Vin, Vout, Tin and Tout) press and hold for 3 seconds <Dec><Inc><Start>. It allows callibration of Vin, Vout a Tin then (may be Tout as well but I didn't have external probe connected). 3s pack was sufficient to do that.
mm2 is offline Find More Posts by mm2
Last edited by mm2; Jul 16, 2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 08:39 AM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2009
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince53
I was able to successfully calibrate each channel on 208B to +-0.001 volts against my reference standard. After I use it a while and it cycles through heating/cooling cycles I'll check it again and report back.

Thanks,
Vince
How did you do this?

Must you open the case?
jollyrogertoo is offline Find More Posts by jollyrogertoo
Old Jul 16, 2009, 08:59 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,554 Posts
junsi has been extremly good at keeping the first post of this thread updated with relative imformation. There is a pdf file link in the first post to the calibration imformation.

Post here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4173

Quote:
Hello everyone here,

We have published the calibration steps in the first page of this thread. If you need it, you can check and follow it.

Regards,
Junsi
I should most likely keep many of my opinions to my self but I never cease to be amazed how little effort many make to find an answer before posting a question.

Link repeated here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...mentid=2640055

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Jul 16, 2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 09:46 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm2
It works for me on 1010B+. After step 3 don't press <Inc> to jump to per-cell volatge screen, however, directly in the main screen (displaying Vin, Vout, Tin and Tout) press and hold for 3 seconds <Dec><Inc><Start>. It allows callibration of Vin, Vout a Tin then (may be Tout as well but I didn't have external probe connected). 3s pack was sufficient to do that.
Yeah! This worked perfectly. Thank you, Sir. I must have been a blockhead.
Now the charger charges my field pack just fine.

Quote:
I have a problem developing with my 1010B+. The stop button does not work all the time, sometimes it's ok, sometimes it has no effect. If you press it 5 times in a row it might not work the first 4 times, then the 5th time it works.
There is a stuff in electronics stores called "tuner contact spray". It is not agressive like the automotive stuff, and is made especially for electronics.
I make it a habit to give every button a little squirt on every charger I own, not only iChargers. This helps.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Jul 16, 2009, 09:56 AM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2009
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
junsi has been extremly good at keeping the first post of this thread updated with relative imformation. There is a pdf file link in the first post to the calibration imformation.

Post here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4173

I should most likely keep many of my opinions to my self but I never cease to be amazed how little effort many make to find an answer before posting a question.

Link repeated here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...mentid=2640055

Charles
Okey, doaky, now moving on to the next question: what is a "41/2" meter?

Oops, another question: how and where do you connect it as the instructions seem to assume one understands this, too?

I'd search for the answers but I don't know what search string to use!
Old Jul 16, 2009, 09:59 AM
rebmeM roineS
Rockingham, Perth - Western Australia
Joined Apr 2001
615 Posts
Quote:
what is a "41/2" meter?
My guess is a 4.5 digit multimeter.

Where to connect? Sorry, dunno, just here researching this charger to decide whether to buy
MrBungle is offline Find More Posts by MrBungle
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:10 AM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2009
390 Posts
Well, if this helps, "use" is indicia of preference, right?

I seldom use my Hyperion Duo 2 or Thunderpower 610C, now, and head straight for my 208B, and use parallel charging.

Also, the little power supply sold by Icharger is almost silent and very powerful!

The only "problem" I have with Icharger products is that such seem to be designed for experts as well as novices (like me), and the experts post all this "stuff" that I want to try!
Last edited by jollyrogertoo; Jul 16, 2009 at 10:17 AM.