HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 14, 2009, 05:31 AM
Registered User
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
JUnsi,

Would it be possible to publish the calibration instructions for use by those with accurate industrial meters?

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2009, 08:52 AM
mm2
Registered User
mm2's Avatar
Joined Aug 2007
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm
JUnsi,

Would it be possible to publish the calibration instructions for use by those with accurate industrial meters?

chewy
I vote for this possibility as well ... e.g. displayed voltage differs on my iC1010B+ by 40mV depending on the balance pin I use. That's not so bad in absolute values, however, when I use 3x 3s pack connected in series and don't keep identical pack order for each and every charge, it generates unnecessary 40mV disbalance... Concerning Ri, the difference is about 50% depending on cell's balance plug position.
mm2 is offline Find More Posts by mm2
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 05:05 AM
iCharger
junsi's Avatar
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm
Junsi,

Would it be possible to publish the calibration instructions for use by those with accurate industrial meters?

chewy
Hello everyone here,

We have published the calibration steps in the first page of this thread. If you need it, you can check and follow it.

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 05:52 AM
Registered User
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
533 Posts
discharge max amp setting & MAX discharge power rating

Hi there. From the specs'
Discharge current range : 0.05 @ 7.0A
Maximum discharge power capacity : 20W

Is there a safety feature to NOT ALLOW to try & discharge a 7v batt @ 5A ??
as this is over its rated discharge power of 20W

I blew my Imax as it allowed discharge of 5A @ 7v, too high for it to cope with & it blew (5A x 7v =35W attempted discharge)
1101 is offline Find More Posts by 1101
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 06:21 AM
Registered User
bmutlugil's Avatar
Turkey
Joined May 2002
2,179 Posts
The charger reduces discharge current such that the maximum power rating is not exceeded. I guess there is no reason to be afraid.

The maximum power during discharge can be changed from the device setup. I have seen more than once that the discharge current I desired could not be obtained, because of the power limit. The current is reduced automatically by the charger. As the battery voltage decreases, the current increases - if I remember it right.

Bulent
bmutlugil is offline Find More Posts by bmutlugil
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:24 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Julez's Avatar
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
Hello everyone here,

We have published the calibration steps in the first page of this thread. If you need it, you can check and follow it.

Regards,
Junsi

Thank you, Junsi!

But is it only possible to calibrate the individual cell voltage display, or can I also calibrate the main voltage?
I noticed, that on my preproduction 1010B(+), the main voltage is around 0.1-0.3V too high. This is not a problem when I balance charge. But I have a 5s 20Ah LiFe field supply pack, and its cells are connected to individual 1.5A discharge devices, which trigger at 3.66V. When I charge this pack, the discharge devices bleed lots of current, and the charger does not stop.
My normal 1010B+ is calibrated just fine, and works well with this pack.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 01:43 PM
Registered User
Santiago - Chile
Joined Jul 2009
15 Posts
Problem With 1010b+

yesterday I tried for the first time my new 1010B+ with factory settings I tried to charge a 3S 2.250 mAh LiPo (50% rest capacity). After more then 70 minutes the charger did not finished charging. Strange was that the iCharger and LogView showed: Input: 12,682V
Voltage accu 12,807 V (!!!!)
Cell 1: 4,011 V
Cell 2: 4,023 V
Cell 3: 4,031 V
Capacity: 632 mAh
Checking with a multitester and a LiPo checker confirmed the cell values above and showed also a rest capacity of 75%
Look also attached file.
Thanks for any help!
MDEMSKI is offline Find More Posts by MDEMSKI
Last edited by MDEMSKI; Jul 15, 2009 at 01:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 03:37 PM
Registered User
Jerez De La Frontera La Parra, Spain
Joined Oct 2004
136 Posts
hello!
sorry for my English,
I do not understand com being so good is necessary to calibrate them.
if I do not have accurate industrial meters.¿?
less updates and more calibrations.
I have bought to charger that I must fit is not serious.

thanks
nobita is offline Find More Posts by nobita
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 03:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2009
390 Posts
I'm with Nobita on this one: you experts are starting to scare me viz, calibration.
jollyrogertoo is offline Find More Posts by jollyrogertoo
Last edited by jollyrogertoo; Jul 15, 2009 at 04:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 03:47 PM
Registered User
Santiago - Chile
Joined Jul 2009
15 Posts
@nobita: En tu opinión hay que calibrar el cargador? A ti paso lo mismo?

Matthias
MDEMSKI is offline Find More Posts by MDEMSKI
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 06:50 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Julez's Avatar
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDEMSKI
yesterday I tried for the first time my new 1010B+ with factory settings I tried to charge a 3S 2.250 mAh LiPo (50% rest capacity). After more then 70 minutes the charger did not finished charging. Strange was that the iCharger and LogView showed: Input: 12,682V
Voltage accu 12,807 V (!!!!)
Cell 1: 4,011 V
Cell 2: 4,023 V
Cell 3: 4,031 V
Capacity: 632 mAh
Checking with a multitester and a LiPo checker confirmed the cell values above and showed also a rest capacity of 75%
Look also attached file.
Thanks for any help!
I do not see where your problem is. A voltage drop from the charger to the pack is quite normal.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 08:53 PM
Registered User
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
I do not see where your problem is. A voltage drop from the charger to the pack is quite normal.
I actually agree that there is some sort of issue here. Current was basically nil and voltage drop was off the charts. Looks like a connection breakdown of some sort. As each cell was barely above 4.0 volts after more than an hour and 10 minutes of charging, something is definitely awry.

What was the charge rate set at? Did the display on the charger indicate that it was actually charging? You did hit the start button the second time to confirm charge initiation?

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:05 PM
iCharger
junsi's Avatar
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
Thank you, Junsi!

But is it only possible to calibrate the individual cell voltage display, or can I also calibrate the main voltage?
I noticed, that on my preproduction 1010B(+), the main voltage is around 0.1-0.3V too high. This is not a problem when I balance charge. But I have a 5s 20Ah LiFe field supply pack, and its cells are connected to individual 1.5A discharge devices, which trigger at 3.66V. When I charge this pack, the discharge devices bleed lots of current, and the charger does not stop.
My normal 1010B+ is calibrated just fine, and works well with this pack.
Hello Julez,

It can not only calibrate the individual cell voltage, but also the main voltage.

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:15 PM
Registered User
Santiago - Chile
Joined Jul 2009
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth
I actually agree that there is some sort of issue here. Current was basically nil and voltage drop was off the charts. Looks like a connection breakdown of some sort. As each cell was barely above 4.0 volts after more than an hour and 10 minutes of charging, something is definitely awry.

What was the charge rate set at? Did the display on the charger indicate that it was actually charging? You did hit the start button the second time to confirm charge initiation?

Mark
Charging rate: 1C
Yes, the display and Logview indicated CHARGING
Yes, I hit the second time the start bottom to confirm the cell count.

Well I made the firmware update to 3.10. And tried to charge a 6S 2.200 mAh Lipo with 84% rest capacity (almost full). After 90 minuts the charging current was at 0,01 A and the cell voltage between 4,16 and 4,18 and the charger did not stopped.
Then I tried another 3S LiPo 850 mAh from ThunderPower: 4,02 V per cell thats it. Same as yesterday wit the 3S LiPo 2.250 mAh from Rhino.
Ohh yes, I have the additional adapter-board for the TP LiPos
MDEMSKI is offline Find More Posts by MDEMSKI
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:50 PM
iCharger
junsi's Avatar
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDEMSKI
Charging rate: 1C
Yes, the display and Logview indicated CHARGING
Yes, I hit the second time the start bottom to confirm the cell count.

Well I made the firmware update to 3.10. And tried to charge a 6S 2.200 mAh Lipo with 84% rest capacity (almost full). After 90 minuts the charging current was at 0,01 A and the cell voltage between 4,16 and 4,18 and the charger did not stopped.
Then I tried another 3S LiPo 850 mAh from ThunderPower: 4,02 V per cell thats it. Same as yesterday wit the 3S LiPo 2.250 mAh from Rhino.
Ohh yes, I have the additional adapter-board for the TP LiPos
Hello Sir,

Would you pls press STOP button for 3 seconds, to check the individual cell voltage? Then you can measure it by multimeter, to see if the difference is more than 10mV or not. If the difference is less than 10mV, then the charger is without any problem.

According to your provided data, it's normal. Maybe the problem is that the Cell 2 internal resistance is higher.

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best charger/discharger $ can buy namancio Batteries and Chargers 30 Jan 31, 2010 03:52 PM
Power Pacer Battery charger/discharger ACE_McCOOL Batteries and Chargers 4 Oct 22, 2002 01:39 PM
NIB Hitec CG-325 Charger/Discharger/Cycler for 4-9 cells - $39! Jason M Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Oct 03, 2002 04:29 AM
WTB Good charger/discharger 10 + cells WickedFunRC Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Sep 05, 2002 09:55 PM