HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2009, 03:18 PM
USA, FL, Hobe Sound
Joined Dec 2006
156 Posts
Owner's Manual

Is there a way to know when and if the Manual has been updated every time there is an upgrade?

I also second the previous posts that talk about simplifying the manual and perhaps include a few more pictures for some of the more complicated processes. I have yet to be able to store my settings in save settings.

Thanks to everyone for all the info this site provides even if some times it is wayyyyyyyyy above my head.
lost is offline Find More Posts by lost
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2009, 03:26 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,833 Posts
Quote:
I have yet to be able to store my settings in save settings.

Go to Settings , make any changes you desire such as C to F, Balancing (Storage ) Max, Capacity , timer time out , etc. Now go to Save Settings, scroll to a Mem. # location press Start , seeting now saved.

If you want to use these settings Load Setting ,scoll to Mem# where you stored them press Start and they are now loaded. If you now go to Lithum battery type and set charging rate ,number of cells etc. saved setting will be used.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Jul 10, 2009, 11:39 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
So page 18 of maual states 208B can be used to monitor cells when using other devices to charge or discharge Lithium pack.

How?

If I go into Monitor mode I have to connect main power leads to get any cell voltage readings and as soon as power lead is disconnected alarm sounds.

Charles
Hello Charles,

When monitoring the individual voltage of the previous 1010B and 106B, the user needs connect main power leads. As for the 1010B+, 106B+ and 208B, actually you need not connect main power leads. This thing happens, maybe caused by the previous chargers, and we will make some improvement in the next upgrading file.

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Old Jul 11, 2009, 12:56 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Joined Aug 2005
1,268 Posts
LogView

I just spend some time getting the 106B+ charger to work with LogView. It looked like LogView connected, but didn't get any data.
The problem was that I was using the .ini file that came with LogView. Use the .ini file that comes on the CD with your iCharger!
That fixed the problem
jfrickmann is offline Find More Posts by jfrickmann
Old Jul 11, 2009, 07:38 PM
Surrey, BC Canada
Joined Apr 2000
649 Posts
Data logging software

I purchased a 1010B+ earlier this year and it is the best charger I have ever had. I now find that I "Need" another charger. Since the 208 is now released and I do not yet nor do I envision me ever having 10 cell packs, I wonder which charger I should now go for. Is the 208 using the same data graphing software the 1010 used? Logview? Or does it have it's own? How does the 16MB of memory work? If, for example, I charge 5 packs at the field, when I get home and connect to the logging software, does the software download and handle one cell at a time or are all 5 sets of data downloaded to the computer at once?
Everydayflyer, would you recomend the 208? Your advice would be appreciated!! I do not have to make a decision soon since, at the end of this month, I will be flying to the UK for a two month stay, any events you fellows in the UK can recomend that I should try to get to, any clubs that I should visit? I will be in Nottinghamshire which is pretty central.
Robert.
RMFISH is offline Find More Posts by RMFISH
Old Jul 11, 2009, 08:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2009
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMFISH
I purchased a 1010B+ earlier this year and it is the best charger I have ever had. I now find that I "Need" another charger. Since the 208 is now released and I do not yet nor do I envision me ever having 10 cell packs, I wonder which charger I should now go for. Is the 208 using the same data graphing software the 1010 used? Logview? Or does it have it's own? How does the 16MB of memory work? If, for example, I charge 5 packs at the field, when I get home and connect to the logging software, does the software download and handle one cell at a time or are all 5 sets of data downloaded to the computer at once?
Everydayflyer, would you recomend the 208? Your advice would be appreciated!! I do not have to make a decision soon since, at the end of this month, I will be flying to the UK for a two month stay, any events you fellows in the UK can recomend that I should try to get to, any clubs that I should visit? I will be in Nottinghamshire which is pretty central.
Robert.
Robert, I'm due South of you.

I had a similar situation, and bought a 208B after using the 1010b+: both are very fine chargers.

I never use the logging memory, but, when I tried it, as I recall it was necessary to save each "set" of data to a seperate numbered memory location, so if you charge 5 bats, you must save each.

I never use this function but man I use the charger daily: my Hyperion Duo 2 and 1010b+ gently weep.
jollyrogertoo is offline Find More Posts by jollyrogertoo
Old Jul 11, 2009, 09:55 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
I would certainly recommend the 208B as a good companion to your 1010B+. The built-in logging is a great feature and the 20A charge rate is exceptionally useful if you like short charge times for A123 or 5C-charge-capable lipos.

The built-in logging will append all the data for multiple charge cycles to a single file OR you can save them to separate files, it is entirely in your control.
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Jul 12, 2009, 01:25 AM
I will be an angry old man!
Vancouver Isl
Joined Apr 2007
1,360 Posts
Strange problem with new firmware... I installed the new firmware a few days ago. I tried to use the charger today but the LCD went a little crazy... is this a firmware bug or a hardware problem?

A bunch of chinese characters start flashing on the screen and the charge stopped after 200mah for a 1700mah cell??

Photos attached and see the video on vimeo:

problem charger... (0 min 5 sec)
marc1 is offline Find More Posts by marc1
Old Jul 12, 2009, 12:35 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2009
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc1
Strange problem with new firmware... I installed the new firmware a few days ago. I tried to use the charger today but the LCD went a little crazy... is this a firmware bug or a hardware problem?

A bunch of chinese characters start flashing on the screen and the charge stopped after 200mah for a 1700mah cell??

Photos attached and see the video on vimeo:

http://www.vimeo.com/5558500

Yikes! I have one, and just updated-can you try updating, again and report back?

Now, I'm scared!
jollyrogertoo is offline Find More Posts by jollyrogertoo
Old Jul 12, 2009, 06:39 PM
Surrey, BC Canada
Joined Apr 2000
649 Posts
Updating firmware

Junsi,

It would seem that there is a problem with the update function, using the USB port and the download software. I have not yet upgraded my 1010B+ but feel reluctant to do so if it could end up making my charger useless as with the previous poster. If I buy the 208, as I would like to, am I going to be able to relyably update it??
I also have a problem with my 1010B+, when taking a cell resistance reading, if there are more than 3 cells, the 3rd cell and 4th and higher read garbage, such as 115,155Ohms. I can only read 2 cell packs. If I do a voltage reading during ballance charging, I can read all cell votages without a problem. Am I going to have to send the charger back to China for service??
Your advice would be appreciated. Other than the above, the 1010 is a terrific charger.
Robert.
RMFISH is offline Find More Posts by RMFISH
Old Jul 12, 2009, 06:56 PM
Wyn
VoltMagic
Joined Apr 2007
101 Posts
Just a thought, Robert. Sounds like sending it back for repairs is inevitable, unless the problem is with whatever firmware version you currently have. Might as well give it a try...

I've upgraded the 1010B+ several times, including with 3.10 without issue. However, loading firmware on anything has it's risks - especially if there is any interruption of power or bad connection.

Quote:
It would seem that there is a problem with the update function, using the USB port and the download software. I have not yet upgraded my 1010B+ but feel reluctant to do so if it could end up making my charger useless as with the previous poster. If I buy the 208, as I would like to, am I going to be able to relyably update it??
I also have a problem with my 1010B+, when taking a cell resistance reading, if there are more than 3 cells, the 3rd cell and 4th and higher read garbage, such as 115,155Ohms. I can only read 2 cell packs. If I do a voltage reading during ballance charging, I can read all cell votages without a problem. Am I going to have to send the charger back to China for service??
Your advice would be appreciated. Other than the above, the 1010 is a terrific charger.
Robert.
Wyn is offline Find More Posts by Wyn
Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:07 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Hello Robert,

This bug has been solved in 3.10 software version, and the useless garbage message would not displayed after you upgrading it to 3.10. Would you pls have a try and tell us the result?

Regards,
Junsi
Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:12 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyn
I've upgraded the 1010B+ several times, including with 3.10 without issue. However, loading firmware on anything has it's risks - especially if there is any interruption of power or bad connection.
Hello Wyn,

Would you pls upgrade your charger for one more time? After upgrading, you can see if there is any problem in other modes.

Regards,
Junsi
Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:17 PM
Wyn
VoltMagic
Joined Apr 2007
101 Posts
Hello Junsi, there is a misunderstanding. No problem here, all the upgrades have worked fine for me. I was suggesting that Robert give upgrading a try, and that loading any firmware (to any microprocessor) has some small risk.
Wyn is offline Find More Posts by Wyn
Old Jul 13, 2009, 01:54 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyn
Hello Junsi, there is a misunderstanding. No problem here, all the upgrades have worked fine for me. I was suggesting that Robert give upgrading a try, and that loading any firmware (to any microprocessor) has some small risk.
Hello Wyn,

Sorry, I made a mistake. This suggestion should be answered to marc1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc1
Would you pls upgrade your charger for one more time? After upgrading, you can see if there is any problem in other modes.

Regards,
Junsi