HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 05, 2009, 10:18 PM
jdr43
USA, AR, Bella Vista
Joined Oct 2005
202 Posts
Latest Upgrade

Upgraded 106b+ tonight worked very well, no problems.
jdr43 is offline Find More Posts by jdr43
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2009, 03:49 AM
Munich, Germany
Joined Nov 2003
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
Now if I could just get a RC Transmitter manufacture to lessen to me.
Talk to ASSAN (In the X8 Thread). They are just starting to develop their own receiver. And are quite open for input in general...

- Oliver
Smeagle is offline Find More Posts by Smeagle
Old Jul 06, 2009, 04:15 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeagle
Talk to ASSAN (In the X8 Thread). They are just starting to develop their own receiver. And are quite open for input in general...

- Oliver
Actually, you mean transmitter, don't you?

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Jul 06, 2009, 08:38 AM
Bedfordshire, UK
Joined Feb 2006
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris verheyden
it seems my charger came with an LM34 (Fahrenheit) sensor instead of an LM35 (Celsius).
My 1010B+ came with a LM285 as a temperature sensor (its acually a voltage reference with high temperature stability !!). Nice to know that my guess that it should have been an LM35 (just so happened that I had one laying around) was correct all along. Another problem I had was the rattle that came from the charger caused by a piece of plastic (not broken of from the charger so presumably had fallen through one of the overlarge fan vents).

Despite the above I am very pleased with the charger and am considering buying another. My big concern is Junsi's poor quality control.
Trevor_G is offline Find More Posts by Trevor_G
Old Jul 06, 2009, 12:25 PM
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Upgraded to 3.10 on my 2 106b+'s last night. Works great! Thanks, Junsi!!

Used Progressive's new site to do the upgrade quick and painlessly! Thanks, David!!

One small oddity - While still using v3.09, I couldn't get Logview to work at charge rates any higher than about 1.5 amps. Anything over and "it" would disconnect from the COM port, requiring me to upplug/replug the USB to reconnect to Logview.

Same behavior with both my 106B+'s. Using a just purchased ASUS Netbook with Windows XP Home and USB 2.0 port.

I think Logview doesn't like me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor_G
Despite the above I am very pleased with the charger and am considering buying another. My big concern is Junsi's poor quality control.
When the pain of the same is greater than the pain of change, people will change... I think just about all of us are willing to look past a few shortcomings, made all too public in this court of public opinion, in favor of the value+performance of these chargers and the responsiveness of Junsi.

For the record, I did have a problem with a 106B+ that ProgressiveRC took care of. I have since bought a second 106B+ which has performed flawless.

During that time, I've had motors blow smoke, servos die, ESC's catch fire, RX's brown out, gyro's fail, QC issues on machined parts, bearings fail, swashes lock up, belts break and so on. And, to top if off, I've done something like 5,000 Window's XP updates... I won't even think about going Vista... Welcome to our hobby!
SpeedVision is offline Find More Posts by SpeedVision
Last edited by SpeedVision; Jul 06, 2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old Jul 06, 2009, 01:03 PM
Fxs
Joined Jun 2009
7 Posts
Hello Junsi,

it is a iCharger 1010B+. I tried your idea, with and without pressing the stop button, but always i get the same result (the first 3 pictures shows the outcome) - "Device not found". The strange thing here is, that the USB chip from the iCharger will be found as you can see on the window...

At one time i get an loud peep from the charger and some chinese characters on the display, i've never seen that, and i cannot repeat this effect... - the last picture)

One thing, when i start to upgrade the iCharger i used V1.3 of the upgrader, for the tests i use V1.3 and V1.4 (tried on a xp and vista pc).

Anything else i should/can try?

kind regards,

Franz
Fxs is offline Find More Posts by Fxs
Last edited by Fxs; Jul 06, 2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old Jul 06, 2009, 02:16 PM
Joined Jul 2008
4 Posts
Hello Fxs,

you seem to have highlighted the wrong item (its for a serial to usb converter). Uncheck the "include COMx Port". The charger will be shown in the upgrader with its name and serial number.

You may try to uninstall the converter.
scotty59 is offline Find More Posts by scotty59
Old Jul 06, 2009, 02:22 PM
Austria
Joined Jul 2008
159 Posts
I tried to update my 1010B but I get the message "Device not found".
The upgrade doesn't find the charger.

It worked fine for several times (last update was 3.08) but now I didn't get a connection.
I tried it with two computers but I get always the same result.

Some time ago my discharge resistor (R5) was destroyed:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post10983596

I send it to Junsi and got it back with a new resistor.
Maybe another part of the PCB was damaged when R5 was destroyed which leads to these upgrade problems?

I use this converter ...
http://www.nbglin.com/ft232.htm
... and checked also the wires from the converter to the PCB of the charger.
tuxian is offline Find More Posts by tuxian
Last edited by tuxian; Jul 06, 2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old Jul 06, 2009, 04:04 PM
RC addicted
Patchogue, NY
Joined Jan 2009
102 Posts
Does 208B come with external balance board? or only side exits are available?
I need convenient external balance board for my Zippy LiPos (JST-XH plug). If one is not included - where do you get it?

Max
maximlg253 is offline Find More Posts by maximlg253
Old Jul 06, 2009, 04:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2009
390 Posts
progressiverc.com is where I bought mine-the board was "extra."
jollyrogertoo is offline Find More Posts by jollyrogertoo
Old Jul 06, 2009, 04:09 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,736 Posts
http://www.progressiverc.com/index.p..._id=5&Itemid=1
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Jul 06, 2009, 04:39 PM
Fxs
Joined Jun 2009
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty59
Hello Fxs,

you seem to have highlighted the wrong item (its for a serial to usb converter). Uncheck the "include COMx Port". The charger will be shown in the upgrader with its name and serial number.

You may try to uninstall the converter.
Yes, that's curious, for flashing the iCharger i used my notebook (also for flashing the older Bios versions which worked always perfect) and i saw its name and the serial number (ComPorts always disabled).

For the tests i used my normal desktop system, the third line pops first up when i plug the usb cable to the iCharger, therefore i think this is the correct port. But only when i use the "include COMx Port" setting. This is different to the notebook. I don't know why, maybe the difference between win xp (Notebook) and win vista (Desktop)...

Strange

regards, Franz
Old Jul 06, 2009, 04:51 PM
Fxs
Joined Jun 2009
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxian
I tried to update my 1010B but I get the message "Device not found".
The upgrade doesn't find the charger.

It worked fine for several times (last update was 3.08) but now I didn't get a connection.
I tried it with two computers but I get always the same result.

I use this converter ...
http://www.nbglin.com/ft232.htm
... and checked also the wires from the converter to the PCB of the charger.
Hi,

the charger is the 1010B + version, USB already implemented, therefore i suppose that i cannot use this converter. When i flashed the charger, i didn't smell anything so - hopefully - his electronic is already ok.

thanks,

Franz
Old Jul 06, 2009, 05:53 PM
RC addicted
Patchogue, NY
Joined Jan 2009
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
Thanks!
maximlg253 is offline Find More Posts by maximlg253
Old Jul 06, 2009, 10:30 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fxs
Hello Junsi,

it is a iCharger 1010B+. I tried your idea, with and without pressing the stop button, but always i get the same result (the first 3 pictures shows the outcome) - "Device not found". The strange thing here is, that the USB chip from the iCharger will be found as you can see on the window...

Anything else i should/can try?

kind regards,

Franz
Hello Franz,

We have send you a PM, pls check it.

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi