Old Nov 28, 2008, 02:28 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
Hello deininju,

This update is for 106B+,1010B+, 106B and 1010B.

Regards,
Junsi
Is there a way to register on your site (with some words in manual) for all customers (not all knows about this super thread) to get news by mail?
alex.guzun is offline Find More Posts by alex.guzun
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2008, 03:28 AM
Joined Nov 2008
1 Posts
Hi all,

I am very interested in the 106B+ charger.

After several month of use, can you give me your feed back ?
I read an issue about screen blanking while charging 4s : is it fixed ?

I need a hyperion balance plug : is this one correct :
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...cer_connector_

Thank you for your time
Regards
rexasso is offline Find More Posts by rexasso
Old Nov 28, 2008, 07:45 AM
Oftersheim, Germany
Joined Aug 2008
20 Posts
Update 3.08

Hi Junsi, thanks thats fine !

But I'm searching for the update file 3.08 unfortunatly i found it not! On the first Side of this Thread is only the Version 3.07 available !

Regards deininju
deininju is offline Find More Posts by deininju
Old Nov 28, 2008, 02:22 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,207 Posts
Hi!

Download the firmware with Junsi's upgrader program!

This just worked in my case, for my old 106 and the new 1010B+.
Thank you, Junsi, for these updates!

Cheers,

Julez
Julez is online now Find More Posts by Julez
Old Nov 28, 2008, 02:52 PM
Asks too many questions
Berkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2005
474 Posts
Guys,

I've just had a nasty experience using my iCharger 1010B+ for only the second time. Can anyone tell me what went wrong?

I wanted to charge a pair of 4S lipos simultaneously. I've been led to believe this is possible if you connect both using a 2S lead so the charger sees it as an 8S lipo. I also wanted to balance charge so I connected each one to the pair of 4S ports on the supplied balance board. As I connected the second balance plug there was a flash and smoke came from the balance board. At the same time the charger was providing an alert tone and an error message (I think it said input voltage too high, but I could be wrong).

When I unplugged the lipos the negative pin on the second 4S connector had melted away. Similar damage is evident on the balance plug of the lipo battery, the plastic housing has completely melted so my lipo can probably not be balanced without replacing the connector.

What did I do wrong, or is the charger faulty?
natterjak is offline Find More Posts by natterjak
Old Nov 28, 2008, 03:28 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,207 Posts
You likely connected them to the balance board the other way round as you connected them to the charger.
Make sure, that the pack, whose main lead is connected to negative, is connected to the jack on the balance board which is also connected to the outer negative contact. If you use the wrong jack, the negative contact will be connected to contact 5 or so, counting from the negative contact inwards.
Been there, done that
Old Nov 28, 2008, 03:53 PM
United States, PA, Plymouth Meeting
Joined Jan 2006
198 Posts
power supply

Thanks for your replies kgfly and Julez.
Just ordered a 45 amp 9-13.8v Jetstream JTPS45.

Cheers,
-Anthony
akshaw is offline Find More Posts by akshaw
Last edited by akshaw; Nov 28, 2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 04:46 PM
Asks too many questions
Berkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2005
474 Posts
Thanks Julez, that makes sense. An easy mistake to make and I can well believe that I did it as I didn't know I needed to observe this connection sequence... I thought it didn't matter which battery connects to which balance port on the balance board. Is it covered in the manual?

I'm going to have to get a replacement balance board, unless I can source a 4S JST-XH PCB mounting plug so I can repair the one I have. Anyone know where I could get one? I will also have to repair the plug on my lipo but I know I can get a suitable lead from hobbyking.com.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 05:14 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,207 Posts
Quote:
An easy mistake to make and I can well believe that I did it as I didn't know I needed to observe this connection sequence
Indeed.
I made this mistake myself one time, and had a D'oh moment afterwards.

I often use male and female 1/10" row headers for my balancing, but I always have to be careful to connect it right.
Perhaps this would be a temporary solution for you?
Old Nov 29, 2008, 02:08 AM
Asks too many questions
Berkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2005
474 Posts
Well I've ordered a PCB mounting 5 way JST-XH socket so I can repair my balance board. I just hope there's no damage to the charger. I will be more careful in future but I do think this problem should be highlighted in the manual.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 03:53 AM
Asks too many questions
Berkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2005
474 Posts
Ok, I apologise in advance as I'm sure the answer to this is blindingly obvious, but I just can't seem to figure it out (which is frustrating me!). How do I charge A123 battery packs with the iCharger?

If I enter lithium battery mode the only options offered to me relate to Lipos. I can't find a way to switch to Life settings. D'oh!! Someone please rescue me from my pit of stupidity? Many thanks,
Old Nov 29, 2008, 08:34 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Working from memory since mine is not to hand, once in Lithium mode, hit Start, the "LiPo" in the top left corner will blink. Now with Up/Dwn you can cyle through LiPo, LiFe and LiIo.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Nov 29, 2008, 11:22 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,981 Posts
Hi,

I just received my I-Charger 106B+ from hobbycity.com yesterday. When I tried to charge a Zippy cell, it made a lot of complaints such as low-voltage, reversed polarity, etc! What is happening? Help!

Doesn't the thing even comes with a manual, or is it on the cd?

chewy
chewytm is online now Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Nov 29, 2008, 11:30 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,207 Posts
Hi!

My charger complained like this when I forgot to connect the main leads

The manual is on the CD, you can also find a link to the PDF file in the first posting.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 12:15 PM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,981 Posts
Hi Julez,

What main leads? There is no main leads like those found in with the IMAX chargers. Well, I borrowed one from the IMAX charger and got it working fine now. Thanks. I just wish that these leads (especially the basic MAIN lead!) are included with the charger like the IMAX and many of the other similar brands.

chewy
chewytm is online now Find More Posts by chewytm