SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 05, 2008, 10:14 PM
Joined Jun 2007
4 Posts
Why can't you make your charger pluggable to an A/C outlet? How hard/costly can it be? A $200 plus piece of electronic "wonder charger" and can't even be plugged directly to A/C!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
I would like to say that the 106B+ is going to be released in the near future, and we will also do some program upgrading for 106B as before.

Based on the previous 106B’s dimension and structure, the 106B+ (with USB port) is added more features and expanded power capacity.
1. Compared with the previous maximum charger power capacity 180W, the 106B+ is changed to 250W, which makes the current reach 10A even if the voltage is 25V.
2. Unique Lithium battery expanding discharge program. When you connect the external capacity resistance, you can use it as the maximum discharge power capacity—170W (@25V/7A).
3. Battery internal resistance measurement. The 106B+ can not only measure the internal resistance of the battery pack, and also can measure the per-cell internal resistance (only available for lithium battery).
4. Support upgrading the hardware program by USB port. The 106B+ also support the “Open Format” data of the “logview” software as communication port and can display, plot, analyze the charge and discharge data by it. See detail information about “logview “ in the following website: http://www.logview.info

The following lists are 106B+ main specifications:
Input voltage range: 10.0 – 18.0VDC
Charge current range: 0.05 – 10.0A
Discharge current range: 0.05 – 7.0A
Maximum charge power capacity: 250W @ input voltage > 13.5V
Maximum discharge power capacity: 20W
Maximum extern discharge power capacity: 170W @ 25V/7A
Current drain for balancing: <300mA
Balance accuracy: <10mV
Lithium (LiPo/LiIo/LiFe) battery cell count: 1 – 6 series
NiCd/NiMH battery cell count: 1 – 17 series
Pb battery cell count: 1 – 12 series (2 – 24V)
Battery setup memories: 10
Intelligent temperature control: Yes
PC Connect: USB port
Weight: 350g
Dimensions(L X W X D) : 134X83X25mm
5.28”X3.27”X0.98”
shinyballs is offline Find More Posts by shinyballs
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2008, 10:51 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jul 2008
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyballs
Why can't you make your charger pluggable to an A/C outlet? How hard/costly can it be? A $200 plus piece of electronic "wonder charger" and can't even be plugged directly to A/C!?
Hi, welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, this is the standard practice and it has some logic to it.

Yes, adding an AC->DC converter within the charger will add a lot of cost, weight, size and electric standards testing/compliance, which is more time and cost again. It's a standard practice not to include it in chargers that are capable of more than 50W of output.

Check the prices on high end 300-400W+ PC power supplies, keeping in mind these are made in quantities of billions. Whereas hobby grade chargers are made in quantities of thousands. Those power supplies can cost you upwards of $200-300 if not more.

Another reason not to include a DC power supply is that most people get one, and use it for a long time. They may switch chargers with time, but keep using the same DC power supply. So they wouldn't want to have to pay extra money every time they change chargers.

Now, keep in mind the small form factor and low weight are only possible because a DC supply is not integrated.

If you look around, you'll find that there simply are no chargers with AC input of over 50W charging power. There are a couple german ones I've heard of, that do include a DC power supply and are 300W+, but they cost $500-700 or something.
shurcooL is offline Find More Posts by shurcooL
Old Sep 05, 2008, 10:56 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Hello everyone,

The 3.07 version software of 106B and 1010B upgrading software is releasing now. And this is update notes:
http://www.jun-si.com/UploadFiles/Re...s-iCharger.txt

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Last edited by junsi; Sep 05, 2008 at 11:33 PM.
Old Sep 05, 2008, 11:45 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jul 2008
98 Posts
Quote:
Hello everyone,

The 3.07 version software of 106B and 1010B upgrading software is releasing now. And this is update notes:
http://www.jun-si.com/UploadFiles/Re...s-iCharger.txt

Regards,
Junsi
Thanks for releasing the update!

I've never gone through the process yet, but isn't there supposed to be an .exe updater to use the .bin files with? I can't seem to find it.

Edit: JunSi has added a link to a .rar file that contains the .exe updater now. Thanks!
shurcooL is offline Find More Posts by shurcooL
Last edited by shurcooL; Sep 06, 2008 at 06:59 AM.
Old Sep 06, 2008, 03:59 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,416 Posts
I got my 1010B (v3.06) two days ago. The internal inspection showed non of the known issues except the mark in the heat shrink of the coil. Some minutes with a Dremel fixed that, but there is still some pressure on the PCB since there is not enough space between the top of the coil and the case.
I balance charged a 6S and 10S A123 without any problems. Same with a tired 4000 4S Lipo. One thing I noticed is that charging current and cell voltages are not up to date at all times on the display. In CV stage, the charge current is pulsing slowly (the load on PSU varies and cell voltage on a DVM goes up and down), but the displayed values are always the high ones. I hope that capacity numbers are calculated based on more real values. The same goes for the upcoming data output. I'm impressed by the accuracy of the balancing circuit. On the 4S pack i measured it to 3mV difference!

None of my packs have connectors that fits the balancing board, so I did what I have done for the rest of my balancers; make a universal adapter. This time I added 7 pins in parallel to the 11 pins. Now I can serial charge two packs (with overlapping balancing taps) or parallel charge two packs (2-6S). Will connect the pin rows by some small 2-3A fuses later for added safety!

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Last edited by flarssen; Sep 06, 2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old Sep 06, 2008, 10:41 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,374 Posts
I just updated the 106B to 3.07, and I like it. The discharge current reduce works really nice.
When I set the delta peak to 1mV, my 4s 2000mAh Eneloop pack terminated too early at 600mAh. The I restarted the charge with 2mV, and this time it terminated ok, and the pack was not as warm as previously on 3mV
Julez is online now Find More Posts by Julez
Old Sep 06, 2008, 01:24 PM
USA, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Jun 2005
51 Posts
Link to 3.07 firmware

I've looked on their site and all I see under download are the manuals. Could someone please post the link to the 3.07 firmware and updater.
Thanks
gbancrof is offline Find More Posts by gbancrof
Old Sep 06, 2008, 01:28 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbancrof
I've looked on their site and all I see under download are the manuals. Could someone please post the link to the 3.07 firmware and updater.
Thanks
Updater:
http://www.jun-si.com/UploadFiles/upgrader.rar

Firmware for your 106B:
http://www.jun-si.com/UploadFiles/iC106B_V307.bin
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2008, 01:42 PM
What arbre?? oh tree!
Canada, QC
Joined Apr 2006
255 Posts
anyone tried the 1010b 3.07b and upgraded successfully. Just tried for the first time and when I try the BIN file it says file format error. Downloaded it twice now.

--------------------

Third time lucky... now have 3.07. that was painless. thanks to everyone involved with the upgrade pdf... It was easy thanks to you guys...

Puffer
Puffer Ghoti is offline Find More Posts by Puffer Ghoti
Last edited by Puffer Ghoti; Sep 06, 2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old Sep 06, 2008, 01:44 PM
Austria
Joined Jul 2008
159 Posts
Many thanks to Junsi for the update which includes important new settings

@all: Look at the first page of this thread and you will find all links to the new firmware.
tuxian is offline Find More Posts by tuxian
Old Sep 06, 2008, 03:01 PM
Joined Mar 2008
22 Posts
Any news on logview?

Can't find the .ini file for logview and as I understood the last posts 106 should be supporting logging.
tantive is offline Find More Posts by tantive
Old Sep 06, 2008, 06:09 PM
West Linn, Oregon
Joined Mar 2006
15 Posts
106b+ Usb?

Good day Junsi,

Is the USB connectivity featured for the iCharger 106B+ a "virtual com port" i.e. a USB to RS232/TTL interface embedded in the iCharger. Logview currently only supports serial communication which is also I believe a requirement of the JUNSI FW updater.

Also, I attempted to download the user manual for the 106B+ which results in repeated Acrobat Reader (V7) fatal errors ?

I was able to download the manual after re-installing the adobe reader so my questions have been answered by the manual

Best Regards
Guenther
ML_Crisis is offline Find More Posts by ML_Crisis
Last edited by ML_Crisis; Sep 07, 2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: repaired acrobat reader
Old Sep 06, 2008, 06:14 PM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
JunSi, thank you for hard work

Guys, where can i get usbdriver mentioned in iC106B+_en.pdf manual?
Quote:
Install USB driver
This release of the USB driver is contained on the iCharger 106B+ software CD-ROM.
To install the USB driver, start the procedure of X:\USB driver\iChargerUSBInstaller.exe (here X is the drive
letter designator for the CD-ROM drive.)
if i have original 106b and usb gizmo, i can still use logview?
alex.guzun is offline Find More Posts by alex.guzun
Old Sep 07, 2008, 09:33 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantive
Any news on logview?

Can't find the .ini file for logview and as I understood the last posts 106 should be supporting logging.
Hello tantive,

Sorry to say that the communication port of 106B is used in other way, thus it can not support the “Open Format” data of the “logview” software.

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Old Sep 08, 2008, 01:33 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,416 Posts
Quote:
Hello tantive,

Sorry to say that the communication port of 106B is used in other way, thus it can not support the “Open Format” data of the “logview” software.

Regards,
Junsi
Are you saying that the current communication port can't be used for data logging at all, even in future firmware releases?
(http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1409)

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen