SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 07, 2008, 06:00 AM
hamilton Vic
Joined Jun 2006
182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeagle
I think, you have a very bad pack. At all my testing (even with old defective packs and after dicharging only single cells etc.) I have never seen a cell go over 4,22V. And even 4,22 was only for some few seconds, while the charger was already ramping down current. I started with Version 2.9 if I remember right. What's your version?

- Oliver
The pack is a brand new Flightpower pack. It has had only 12 cycles on it and never discharged below 50%.

Nothing wrong with the pack, the charger was playing up as it did this on 4 seperate packs (2 different brands and all 4 brand new).
beans07 is offline Find More Posts by beans07
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2008, 06:09 AM
Austria
Joined Jul 2008
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen
That doesn't sound good! Can you measure to see if the charger discharges cell #1 when not powered up? If so, it will be pretty hard to fix in firmware .

Fred
Yes but i was my fault.
Never keep batteries connected for longer time when the charger is not connected to power.
Yesterday I charged cell 1 alone and discharged then the whole pack with about 7A and got 1900mAh out from this 2100mAh pack.
Looks good but later I will try it in my Acromaster with draws up to 40A and I will see if this pack still has performance or not.
tuxian is offline Find More Posts by tuxian
Old Aug 08, 2008, 05:13 AM
Kyalami, South Africa
Joined Jun 2006
1,509 Posts
Junsi, any ETA on the Ver 3.07 firmware please?
kyalamikid is offline Find More Posts by kyalamikid
Old Aug 08, 2008, 10:27 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyalamikid
Junsi, any ETA on the Ver 3.07 firmware please?
Hello kyalamikid,

Thank you for your frequent focus on our chargers.

Sorry to say that the being-about-to released chargers are still under modification as we have to collect opinions and more feedback from our testers. So please wait it patiently and give us more time to better them.

Thanks again for your full understanding.

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Old Aug 09, 2008, 04:56 AM
Joined Aug 2008
19 Posts
Hello world ....

Do not know if your charger will welcome me like that.
Just want to say you found another one who has trust in what your crew is doing.
Thanks guys, looking forward to get it.
guggelmux is offline Find More Posts by guggelmux
Old Aug 10, 2008, 04:27 PM
Portugal, Porto District, Maia Municipality
Joined Aug 2008
321 Posts
Are these chargers (1010b and 106b) accurate?
I once had an ICharger IC6 and it ALWAYS overcharged my cells (ex: 4.17, 4.00, 4.23 volts on termination, although it always showed 4.20v for the 3 cells on the charger).
I had to sell it, as I was only buying FlightPower Lipos and didn't want them to go bad.
How about these new chargers? I will only charge lipos, and accuracy of the balancer is a major priority...

Thank you.
whisperdancer is offline Find More Posts by whisperdancer
Old Aug 10, 2008, 04:51 PM
Central Florida. USA
Joined Mar 2008
95 Posts
Can a few hundredth's of a volt really make that much difference? If most of the electronic components used in either chargers or voltmeters are say .1% accurate over the measurement range wouldn't you get a cumulative error potential in the same range as what you're measuring?

Just curious...

MadMax
MadMax389 is offline Find More Posts by MadMax389
Old Aug 10, 2008, 05:17 PM
Trondheim, Norway
Joined Jun 2003
2,808 Posts
@whisperdancer:
Your questions have already been answered. Please go read the thread once more.

The accuracy question was one of the early ones answered. You will find the answers around post #112.
And if you go back and read post #199 again, you'll see that the IC6 has nothing to do with the 106B and 1010B.

FWIW, my 1010B has worked very well for me, and IMHO Junsis continued support to the user community has been nothing but impressive.

T
thomanie is offline Find More Posts by thomanie
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by thomanie; Aug 10, 2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 06:50 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Notes about performance/accuracy: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=126

In my testing of 4 units over the past few months they have all delivered according to the claimed specifications. The only significant variation is the reported input voltage which shows the voltage sensed after the input FET and hence is lower than what you measure at the output of the power supply. This offset varies with load due to the resistive drop across the FET. However it should be noted that it is in no way a problem and the really critical voltage measurements, those of the cells, are all within the specified tolerance.

As mentioned earlier the "ICharger IC6" is an unrelated product and its performance says nothing about the iC106B/1010B.

MadMax - Your point is very valid and often overlooked. However LiPo cells are quite sensitive to overvoltage so a "few hundredths of a volt" can indeed make a difference to long term performance and to safety. The difference between 4.17 and 4.20 can be 20 to 50% lifetime reduction. The difference between 4.29 and 4.3? can be a fire. I think genuine 10mV precision and accuracy is an appropriate specification for a safe and good quality LiXx charger. Many claim it, not all deliver it. Based on my measurements I believe that the iC106B and 1010B do.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Aug 10, 2008, 07:47 PM
Portugal, Porto District, Maia Municipality
Joined Aug 2008
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomanie
@whisperdancer:

The accuracy question was one of the early ones answered. You will find the answers around post #112.
And if you go back and read post #199 again, you'll see that the IC6 has nothing to do with the 106B and 1010B.

FWIW, my 1010B has worked very well for me, and IMHO Junsis continued support to the user community has been nothing but impressive.

T
Thank you very much.
I just entered this topic, and there are quite some pages.
This line of chargers look promissing.
whisperdancer is offline Find More Posts by whisperdancer
Old Aug 11, 2008, 12:15 AM
QPower 18650
Sunshine Coast
Joined Jun 2006
1,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomanie
@whisperdancer:

T
Did you happen to notice there is nearly 1600 posts in this thread?

It would have taken just as much energy, and consumed just as much bandwidth to answer the question.
madhun1 is offline Find More Posts by madhun1
Old Aug 11, 2008, 02:43 AM
Joined Mar 2008
22 Posts
Hello Junsi,

just another feature request.

I bought a sealed lead-acid battery (gel cell) to be able to charge my lipos/lifepos at the field.
At home I now have to charge the lead-acid. Using the PB mode of the charger I noted that the charge end voltage is too high and the battery starts to produce gas.

So the question is:
Is it possible to make the charge end voltage per cell adjustable in PB mode (as it is for lipo lifepo...)?

Kind regards
Michael
tantive is offline Find More Posts by tantive
Old Aug 11, 2008, 02:54 AM
Austria
Joined Jul 2008
159 Posts
Hello,

i had the same problem:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1498

Junsi wrote that this feature should come with the new firmware:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1519
tuxian is offline Find More Posts by tuxian
Old Aug 11, 2008, 03:41 AM
Joined Feb 2008
21 Posts
icharger 1010B higher than set charge current - that aint that beter stuff to use .
1010B charge current set to 0.5A in balance charge mode, charge current jupms up to 2.7A
It is just better at its High capability, stable current, high-performance circuit power conversion
sayad is offline Find More Posts by sayad
Old Aug 11, 2008, 04:09 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxian
Yes but i was my fault.
Never keep batteries connected for longer time when the charger is not connected to power.
Yesterday I charged cell 1 alone and discharged then the whole pack with about 7A and got 1900mAh out from this 2100mAh pack.
Looks good but later I will try it in my Acromaster with draws up to 40A and I will see if this pack still has performance or not.
Anyway, I would like to know if it's discharging cell1 and in what situations (charger powered off, powered on, ...). Sounds like the current was relatively high also. Could easily damage a pack if left on the charger after a discharge.

Packs discharged that deep may become fat after a short while, but I hope yours survive.

Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen