HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 06, 2008, 02:54 PM
Austria
Joined Jul 2008
159 Posts
I will try it later.
I have a fitting female JST balance plug at home.
tuxian is offline Find More Posts by tuxian
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2008, 06:42 PM
USA, TX
Joined Feb 2005
321 Posts
anyone has the V3.06 firmware? needed to update my 106B charger see if it help with the long balance charge problem
ptt81 is offline Find More Posts by ptt81
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 06, 2008, 06:58 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
I've been watching another thread concerned with development of logging software for the Hyperion Duo when an interesting announcement was made regarding the development of the LogView software. Apparently it IS coming to the English speakers of the world soon. Good news, and all the more reason to investigate supporting this solution for datalogging on the iChargers...

- David
write2dgray is offline Find More Posts by write2dgray
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 06, 2008, 09:26 PM
Joined Dec 2006
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptt81
anyone has the V3.06 firmware? needed to update my 106B charger see if it help with the long balance charge problem
I do not believe.... my version is 3.05 ...and my charger is 1010b
2s lipo problem
2s life itīs Ok..
waited too long to try to avoid these bugs,,,
but have to buy the RS232/TTL converter for upgrade..no good.
ricardo_bh is offline Find More Posts by ricardo_bh
Old Aug 06, 2008, 10:09 PM
What arbre?? oh tree!
Canada, QC
Joined Apr 2006
255 Posts
Anyone know if you can use one of these to upgrade the Junsi charger (first one #HP-TI-PRGUSB) ?

http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/hpconnect.htm

I have a a couple of titan ESc's so it would be convenient if it worked with the 1010b..
Puffer Ghoti is offline Find More Posts by Puffer Ghoti
Old Aug 06, 2008, 11:07 PM
USA, TX
Joined Feb 2005
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo_bh
I do not believe.... my version is 3.05 ...and my charger is 1010b
2s lipo problem
2s life itīs Ok..
waited too long to try to avoid these bugs,,,
but have to buy the RS232/TTL converter for upgrade..no good.
That is exactly how I felt when i try the charger, 2s lipo the charger never finish the charging, i have to turn it off by pressing the stop button after it has reach the capacity of the pack. Buying more USB to TTL adapter and doing soldering just to update the charger is not what I had in mind and i was very upset, but I do have a feeling Junsi is working on a fix fro this in future firmware so just give him some time. Otherwise this is a very good charger. For now I use normal charge for 2s lipo and once every 3-4 cycles i use the fast balance charge and set to 160min termination for my pack, for your pack you need to monitor the time it get up to full capacity and set the correct time.
ptt81 is offline Find More Posts by ptt81
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 07, 2008, 12:15 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffer Ghoti
Anyone know if you can use one of these to upgrade the Junsi charger (first one #HP-TI-PRGUSB) ?

http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/hpconnect.htm

I have a a couple of titan ESc's so it would be convenient if it worked with the 1010b..
I don't know for sure but I think there is a very good chance it will work. That Hyperion cable does appear to be a TTL_Seriall-to-USB converter with a number of small adapters to suit their various devices (power meter, chargers, ESCs etc).
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Aug 07, 2008, 12:31 AM
hamilton Vic
Joined Jun 2006
182 Posts
I have found today for some unknown reason that the charger # 1 works fine.

Cherger # 2 was used today on 2 batteries with some unusual results. I have recorded a little video to show what it is doing.

The voltage according to the charger is 42.00v which should shutdown the charger?? But when you go into the balancer part all the cells vary around the 4.13-4.14 mark which would mean that the battery isn't at 42.00v at all. This happened on 2 batteries and in the video shows about 0.20-0.30mah charge rate but it did do the same from around the 1.2A down.

http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u...mpeg2video.flv
beans07 is offline Find More Posts by beans07
Old Aug 07, 2008, 01:09 AM
hamilton Vic
Joined Jun 2006
182 Posts
Just tried a 2s lipo and the balance voltages were at 4.14 and 4.15 but the voltage on the main display showed 8.52v. Checked with a DMM and found this to be incorrect.

Would a firmware downgrade/upgrade sort this or send it back?
beans07 is offline Find More Posts by beans07
Old Aug 07, 2008, 02:44 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beans07
Just tried a 2s lipo and the balance voltages were at 4.14 and 4.15 but the voltage on the main display showed 8.52v. Checked with a DMM and found this to be incorrect.

Would a firmware downgrade/upgrade sort this or send it back?
Hello beans07,

Thank you for your feedback!

First, thanks for offering the video.After watching it carefully, our engineer deduced that the voltage sampling is not very accurate. Maybe, there is something wrong with the hardware.Could you kindly contact your supplier as soon as possible? If you still have problems regarding our products, feel free to contact us!

Best wishes,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Old Aug 07, 2008, 03:43 AM
Slovenia
Joined Apr 2007
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
First, thanks for offering the video.After watching it carefully, our engineer deduced that the voltage sampling is not very accurate. Maybe, there is something wrong with the hardware.Could you kindly contact your supplier as soon as possible? If you still have problems regarding our products, feel free to contact us!

Best wishes,
Junsi
Hello Junsi,

I have recently bought 106b with v3.06. I have to enlarge one of the connection holes to 4mm. Balance charging LIPOs toooo long. When charging 3s pack it shows 4.19V for each cell and showing 12,65V for all together. If that can't be sorted out with firmware upgrade or repairing it by myself, that charger will be usefull only for foam cuting and/or it will be trashed . Sending back to HK isn't option for me! I have had already to many expenses to date (postage, customs, TTL converter).

regards,
Mitja
SyncMaster is offline Find More Posts by SyncMaster
Old Aug 07, 2008, 03:53 AM
Munich, Germany
Joined Nov 2003
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
For a liquid lead battery,we decided to add this function of adjusting the "Termination Voltage".
Will it be suitable if the voltage is ranged from 2.2-2.5V ?
Hi, I think, this should be ok. 2,3V is the safe voltage which should work for every lead battery and the highest I've seen spec'ed is 2.47V. So the range 2,2-2,5 should be very good. I cannot find it now, but a studied some papers some years ago, they stated for fast charging (> 1/10C) the current should be dropped significantly when first reaching 2,45V. To be safe, I would prefer to drop voltage to 2,3V in the moment, the set voltage is reached. Most (if not all) lead batteries are safe to be hold at 2,3V/cell 24h a day. (Standby-voltage) But it's not that important, i prefer to charge lead batteries at 13,8V (2,3V per cell) anyways. It takes longer, but as charing lead takes at least "one night", it's no real problem if it takes 10 or 14h... And they will die quite fast if they stay near the maximum voltage for a long time...

So in short:

- The setable range you suggested is very good and enough.
- Even better would be to drop the voltage from the set voltage to 2,3V when set voltage is reached. But this may lead to confusion with customers, as the lead battery will react very slowly, it will take some time at this point for the voltage to drop and a current to flow. So maybe it is not worth the hussle. How do the others think about it?

- Oliver
Smeagle is offline Find More Posts by Smeagle
Old Aug 07, 2008, 03:59 AM
Munich, Germany
Joined Nov 2003
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beans07
4.31v was displayed on the screen and it always seems to be on the 9th cell. It would flash and then drop the cell down, then it would increase again.
I think, you have a very bad pack. At all my testing (even with old defective packs and after dicharging only single cells etc.) I have never seen a cell go over 4,22V. And even 4,22 was only for some few seconds, while the charger was already ramping down current. I started with Version 2.9 if I remember right. What's your version?

- Oliver
Smeagle is offline Find More Posts by Smeagle
Old Aug 07, 2008, 04:22 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncMaster
Hello Junsi,

I have recently bought 106b with v3.06. I have to enlarge one of the connection holes to 4mm. Balance charging LIPOs toooo long. When charging 3s pack it shows 4.19V for each cell and showing 12,65V for all together. If that can't be sorted out with firmware upgrade or repairing it by myself, that charger will be usefull only for foam cuting and/or it will be trashed . Sending back to HK isn't option for me! I have had already to many expenses to date (postage, customs, TTL converter).

regards,
Mitja
Hello Mitja,

Thank you for your feedback!

I will send you a PM, please bother to check it.

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Old Aug 07, 2008, 05:53 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxian
Today I checked the cell voltages and saw that the first cell of the first lipo pack had only 1,3V .
That doesn't sound good! Can you measure to see if the charger discharges cell #1 when not powered up? If so, it will be pretty hard to fix in firmware .

Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen