SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 05, 2008, 06:03 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2008
391 Posts
Sofaman - as to your balance board.... you may well have burned out one or more of the tracks - peel off the foam padding on the bottom of the board - check very carefully for signs of burnt out tracks, and bridge the damaged section with some suitable wire / braid. After rectification, stick some suitab;le material over the bottom of the board again to help protect against short circuits. Ask me how I know
It is unlikely to have done any damage to the charger itself.
badger-b is offline Find More Posts by badger-b
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2008, 11:30 PM
Shenzhen Guangdong China
Joined Jul 2008
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly
...removed incorrect statement..

The pricing is pretty sharp if it is for single units (rather than a carton full) and the chargers can live up to their specifications. Of course there is shipping to consider. The 1010B is a head-to-head competitor on features and performance to the TP1010C+210V but integrated, smaller, lighter and about $100 cheaper.

My compliments on the graphic design, more eye-catching than the plain blue of the original Chargery units.
We will recommend one 1010B blue original discharger for you,pls link to :
http://www.brothermodel.com/asl/intr...igId=43&Id=271
if you interest in our products ,pls kindly sent email to :
mandy@brothermodel.com
There are must be some other products meet your requirements.
Our products are at competitive price and top quality.

Mandy
brothermodel is offline Find More Posts by brothermodel
Old Aug 05, 2008, 11:47 PM
Nowhere
Joined Aug 2003
6,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger-b
Sofaman - as to your balance board.... you may well have burned out one or more of the tracks - peel off the foam padding on the bottom of the board - check very carefully for signs of burnt out tracks, and bridge the damaged section with some suitable wire / braid. After rectification, stick some suitab;le material over the bottom of the board again to help protect against short circuits. Ask me how I know
It is unlikely to have done any damage to the charger itself.

So....iof you do not change the power wires from parralel to series.....it must make the ports switch polarity. that is where it is arcking at.

Man....I felt like such a bone head for tdoing that and cry for help from you all! I was not thinking....sorry!!
imsofaman is offline Find More Posts by imsofaman
Old Aug 05, 2008, 11:53 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
You might find this page useful (be sure to scroll down to see all the options): http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/_lipo.html
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Aug 06, 2008, 12:17 AM
LKC
must have been a glitch !
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2003
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly
You might find this page useful (be sure to scroll down to see all the options):
That is a nice info page.. !
Good link

Luke
LKC is online now Find More Posts by LKC
Old Aug 06, 2008, 12:18 AM
hamilton Vic
Joined Jun 2006
182 Posts
The charging was bringing the cells voltage to a maximum of 4.31 then it was bringing it back down with the balancer. Cells 1-7 never had a problem but cells 8-10 did this for the whole charge on all 4 battery packs which were very close to balanced before charging. The packs are more or less brand new with only 10 cycles on each battery. They are high quality packs not cheapies. To me that is charger related. Never once happened on the hyperion 1210i chargers.

I can't see why it should take 1 hour and a half to charge a pack that had only discharged 25% when the cells were within 0.02V according to my multimeter before the charging starts. When the charging starts the last 3 cells shoot up above the 4.20 mark and it takes the whole hour and a half to get them back within the right range. Why didn't the charger go to 4.2A charging rate straight off then settle down? It went straight to 1.1A and sat around .8A to .9A for 90% of the charge.

The software version to my knowledge is the latest one.
beans07 is offline Find More Posts by beans07
Old Aug 06, 2008, 12:32 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Something is wrong. Is the charger reporting the same per-cell voltages as your DMM and are you measuring at the balance plug (ie the same point that the charger sees) ?
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Aug 06, 2008, 12:39 AM
hamilton Vic
Joined Jun 2006
182 Posts
I have 2 of these chargers. I will try the other one today and see if there is any difference between them.
Old Aug 06, 2008, 03:18 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beans07
I can't see why it should take 1 hour and a half to charge a pack that had only discharged 25% when the cells were within 0.02V according to my multimeter before the charging starts. ...
You are right that if packs are discharged only by 25 percent (75 remaining) capacity, it should not take that time.

Once I would see more than 4.30V at any cell, I would stop charge and never use the charger to charge more expensive packs, until the reason of failure is determined and repaired. In my opinion, above 4.20V is not healthy and above 4.30 is harmful and can turn cells into fat pillows even after one such charge.

Can You make it clear that 4.31V was displayed on charger screen, or measured by DVM while charging, or both?
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Aug 06, 2008, 03:35 AM
hamilton Vic
Joined Jun 2006
182 Posts
4.31v was displayed on the screen and it always seems to be on the 9th cell. It would flash and then drop the cell down, then it would increase again.

I will try the other charger I have here and see if it can be isolated to just one charger or weather it is maybe a firmware issue.

I have a usb cable for it and could always do the upgrade or downgrade if required.
Old Aug 06, 2008, 05:30 AM
Joined Dec 2006
9 Posts
problems with 2s 1000mha

problems with 2s 1000mha :

the batteries are new.the problem occurred with 2 new batteries.

battery:zippy 1000mha;

loading the 1c;

in balanced mode, they do not end.

increased from 2 hours and not finalised;

I tested it with another charger (Accucel) and ended normally
my charger is 1010b and version 3.05

someone with this problem?
ricardo_bh is offline Find More Posts by ricardo_bh
Last edited by ricardo_bh; Aug 06, 2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old Aug 06, 2008, 05:35 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo_bh
problems with 2s 1000mha :

the batteries are new.the problem occurred with 2 new batteries.

battery:zippy 1000mha;

loading the 1c;

in balanced mode, they do not end.

increased from 2 hours and not finalised;

someone with this problem?
Hello ricardo_bh,

I will send you a PM, please check it!

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Old Aug 06, 2008, 10:18 AM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jul 2008
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beans07
4.31v was displayed on the screen and it always seems to be on the 9th cell. It would flash and then drop the cell down, then it would increase again.

I will try the other charger I have here and see if it can be isolated to just one charger or weather it is maybe a firmware issue.

I have a usb cable for it and could always do the upgrade or downgrade if required.
And you said this happened for four different packs? The exact same behaviour, last 3 cells go over 4.2v and take a long time to get back to 4.2?

That really doesn't sound good. I'm looking forward to you trying out your other charger and see what the results are.

Although I would imagine that those cells that went over 4.2v might very well be ruined by now...
shurcooL is offline Find More Posts by shurcooL
Old Aug 06, 2008, 01:32 PM
Austria
Joined Jul 2008
159 Posts
I left over night without intent the batteries on the charger as described in this post.
Today I checked the cell voltages and saw that the first cell of the first lipo pack had only 1,3V . All other cells still have 4,2V. Both lipo packs were fully charged before a had connected them again to the charger without connecting the charger to the power line to make the picture.
Now I try to charge this pack but I takes a long time because the balancer reduces the current to avoid a higher voltage on cell 2 and 3 on the lipo pack.

Meanwhile after charging the whole pack for some hours cell 1 has 3,8V but I can't image that I will get it back to live.
tuxian is offline Find More Posts by tuxian
Last edited by tuxian; Aug 06, 2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old Aug 06, 2008, 02:41 PM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxian
I left over night without intent the batteries on the charger as described in this post.
Today I checked the cell voltages and saw that the first cell of the first lipo pack had only 1,3V . All other cells still have 4,2V. Both lipo packs were fully charged before a had connected them again to the charger without connecting the charger to the power line to make the picture.
Now I try to charge this pack but I takes a long time because the balancer reduces the current to avoid a higher voltage on cell 2 and 3 on the lipo pack.

Meanwhile after charging the whole pack for some hours cell 1 has 3,8V but I can't image that I will get it back to live.
Too bad,..
Much better/safer/faster in such case is to charge each cell separately as a 1s, if You can hook up the charger leads to the right place in balance connector.
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro