SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 25, 2008, 03:17 PM
Chandler
Joined Sep 2006
156 Posts
Alert
Before someone gets hurt or worse!! AR6100

In my opinion,,, The AR6100 is not safe.
Here is the problem. TOLD TO ME BY THE HEAD ENGINEER John Adams. Even with the latest updates.. The 6100 and 6300 models only have one receiver. The signal back to the Transmitter can be reflected away by the motor, or the battery,or the esc, or Any carbon in the plane(AKA a Carbon Wing) or as people have shown on this website as little as someone walking in front of you or you turning to follow the plane and someone is between you and your plane causing a delay in control. Up to 2 to 5 seconds also as shown by independent testing on this website.
At 2 seconds That's 300ft plus at 50mph with no control. IS THAT SAFE?? If your not flying flat and level when fail safe comes on ...You lose "maybe everything" and crash your plane with no control.
WHATS A AR6100 SAFE TO FLY IN ?

How many posts have you seen Dx7 - Ar6100 Crash...
IT is not safe in my opinion. Its not If your going to crash Its when. This receiver is safe only for slow foamies in my opinion. Anything else and your going to be asking for trouble and a lawsuit. Imagine crashing into an innocent kid watching you fly. and having no control and watching it happen??I crashed 25ft away from someone? I was lucky I only lost a plane!!
Do you know what I was told.. BY THE HEAD ENGINEER..
OF COURSE YOU HAD A PROBLEM YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER THAN TO PUT THAT RECIEVER IN THAT PLANE(Mini ellipse)THATS YOUR FAULT.. I AM SORRY THAT YOU DIDENT KNOW THAT.. YOU SHOULD HAVE USED A MODEL WITH 2 RECIEVERS LIKE THE 6200 OR 7000... BECAUSE WE DO NOT PUT OUT ANY INFO THOSE PROBLEMS WITH THE 6100 AT ALL. WE KNOW ABOUT THEM. BUT WERE SORRY You should have know better. (MINI ELLIPSE IS 2.4GHZ FRIENDLY BY THE WAY)
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ANYWHERE IN ANY OF THERE ADVERTIZING OR MANUALS WHERE THE TELL US WHAT APPLICATIONS ARE SAFE AND """NOT SAFE!!"""TO USE THERE PRODUCTS IN. I THINK THATS IMPORTANT? BEFORE SOMEONE GETS HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Their definition of a parkflyer, is very different from the standard that AMA has set in there guidelines. WAIT A MINUTE THEY HAVE NO DEFINITION AT ALL OF WHAT A PARKFLYER IS. So in your manual and in their advertising where it states ""parkflyer Compatible"???? You need to get clarification on that term.. Apparently AS IN MY CASE IT WAS NOT ""SAFE"" FOR ME TO BE OPERATING MY AIRCRAFT WITH THEIR AR6100 RECIEVER IN IT. HOW WAS I TO KNOW IT WAS NOT SAFE AND THAT I COULD INJURE OR KILL SOMEONE BECAUSE OF AN UNDISCLOSED ISSEAU WITH THE AR6100. I guess they have their own definition of what a parkflyer compatible is. and what SAFE is???.. Most of their so called park flyer's exceed the speed and weight of my plane.
According to Beverly at horizon only a handfull of people have ever had a problem with the AR6100 they have only had 26 calls ever and most of them were asking only questions about it.. Can you believe that. I am the only one who has not accepted there bs answer.
No Where in any of there manuals, updates, product alerts, or on their website anywhere at all do they tell anyone how they can use this product safely. Or what it is safe to put it in. You have to and take your own chances. Funny How the DX7 manual does not even mention a word on how to use the AR6100 it comes with safetly???????
Its not If your going to crash Its when in my opinion. This receiver MAY BE SAFE only for slow foamies.... your going to lose control. Anything else faster and your going to be asking for trouble. You may even hurt someone??

So I guess its buyer Beware on This one.. I learned the hard way., Throw your 6100s away Do not buy anymore single channel 6100/6300 Your just Asking for it... IN MY OPINION THEY ARE NOT SAFE IN ANYTHING!!!
SOMEONE WILL GET INJURED OR KILLED ONE OF THESE DAYS.
Ajdtiger is offline Find More Posts by Ajdtiger
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2008, 04:23 PM
Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Joined Apr 2000
1,761 Posts
My ears are ringing - I would be happy to dispose of your receivers in a safe place
teamdavey is offline Find More Posts by teamdavey
Old Mar 25, 2008, 04:45 PM
And You're Not
Timbuktu, Mali (Happy?)
Joined Oct 2002
6,514 Posts
This could have been easily avoided if only you'd run A123 receiver packs.
Jeffery is offline Find More Posts by Jeffery
Old Mar 25, 2008, 04:45 PM
Chandler
Joined Sep 2006
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamdavey
My ears are ringing - I would be happy to dispose of your receivers in a safe place
What do you fly? Just wondering?? Thanks..
Old Mar 25, 2008, 04:52 PM
Chandler
Joined Sep 2006
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffery
This could have been easily avoided if only you'd run A123 receiver packs.
Sorry but that's not exactly true, the issue according to their engineer was to much motor, battery, and a carbon wing. That caused the rx signal to be reflected away from the TX. But there is no info on this issue from them to warn anyone about any problem at all. This AR6100 was just back from them with the latest brown out fix.. addressing that low voltage re-connect problem..
Old Mar 25, 2008, 04:53 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajdtiger
What do you fly? Just wondering?? Thanks..
At least you got it off your chest - tho I don't agree with you. I have a number of em fly em all the time in little flat foamies - work like a charm
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Mar 25, 2008, 04:58 PM
midland, REPUBLIC of TEXAS
Joined Mar 2002
454 Posts
gotta love "undefined" terms<G>
mongo is offline Find More Posts by mongo
Old Mar 25, 2008, 05:08 PM
Chandler
Joined Sep 2006
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson
At least you got it off your chest - tho I don't agree with you. I have a number of em fly em all the time in little flat foamies - work like a charm
I think your a 100% right, After reading all the different posts on this and other rc websites, that has been the only application in which the AR6100 has has little or no problems. I guess its due to the flat foam construction and smaller motor and battery combinations used. Remember thats just a guess because there is NO info on this at all.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 05:10 PM
Chandler
Joined Sep 2006
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo
gotta love "undefined" terms<G>
Go to the Horizon website and type in "Park Flyer" and see what they sell as park flyers. Kinda funny.. 30 to 40oz wooden aircraft as a park flyer's.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 05:12 PM
Cape Town, South Africa
Joined Jan 2005
5,157 Posts
That letter is from a company director - he can't write for **it. Shameful.
aragon is offline Find More Posts by aragon
Old Mar 25, 2008, 09:09 PM
midland, REPUBLIC of TEXAS
Joined Mar 2002
454 Posts
just for information, does the mini ellipse, it think that is what it says you were flying, have a statement in instructions or on packaging that it is intended for flying in parks? if it do, then it does meet the definition of park flyer.
mongo is offline Find More Posts by mongo
Old Mar 25, 2008, 09:24 PM
Quincy IL
Joined Jul 2006
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragon
That letter is from a company director - he can't write for **it. Shameful.
Horizon has lost all objectivity about Spectrum.

I no longer rely on their advice nor their promises. It's a company line and even if you can prove them wrong they will continue to believe their smoke and mirrors.

I remember a time when you could rely on their honesty and integity.

Hugh
Hugh P is offline Find More Posts by Hugh P
Old Mar 25, 2008, 09:47 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,395 Posts
My guess is that the OP bought this package
http://www.nesail.com/detail.php?pro...27&PHPSESSID=I
Notice the first option at the bottom is an AR6100 receiver.

Electric sailplanes are funny, because while you wouldn't normally
classify them as Park Flyers, they're most often flown in parks
rather than power fields (nobody wants to land their fiberglass
fuse on a paved runway). Performance-wise, the Mini Ellipse
blows away any normal park flyer. It definitely exceeds
the AMAs definitions with regard to max speed.

Based on what I've learned about the AR6100 from what I've witnessed and
my testing, and the reports of others, I definitely think the AR6100 is
unsuitable for anything but the smallest, lightest park flyer foamies and
should not be flown any further away than you can throw a rock. I
know that their potential range is much greater than that (I've
seen em flown much further than that), but the way
they react to a loss of signal (due to shadowing or interference, or
whatever), is just unacceptable and unsafe for use in anything that might fall
from the sky with some significant kinetic energy. If the link is lost for more than
one second, then its single receiver will go off scanning for the Tx on a
different channel and can take 3, 5, even 10.. seconds to recover
even if the signal was visible again immediately after that 1 second
period. Any high perf sailplane, helicopter or high speed foamie (FunJet
etc) is going to fall from the sky before it recovers.

The problem is that I *know* that there are people here that
still believe that the AR6100 is safe even in heavier/faster planes, simply
because they haven't had a problem *yet*. Obviously there
are vendors selling them as part of packages with higher performance
aircraft. Heck I fly with some of these people and while they've seen
what can happen, it won't become real to them, until they lose a plane
they care about or someone gets hurt.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 25, 2008, 10:04 PM
Chandler
Joined Sep 2006
156 Posts
Can anyone find any satety guidelines anywhere for the safe usage of the Ar6100 receiver?? Anywhere??
Yes my mini ellipse can exceed the speed stated by the ama if equiped to do so. But what plane can't ??
Old Mar 25, 2008, 10:07 PM
Joined Jan 2008
142 Posts
Add me to the list of those who had problems. Actually I had 2 out 3 that I own have problems. They are all AR6100e v1.2 Should I call them and have them replace the one in my Blade 400 with a 7000? NOW I know the Blade 400 can SERIOUSLY hurt someone if out of control.

Here's what I stated in the letter I sent them with my two 6100e

Problem(s):
1. One of the AR6100e is out of a CX2. This RX was actually just sent to me as a replacement from E-flight recently. This was a new in package; my old RX was not diagnosed. Iím still having a problem of the CX2 going into either full throttle or losing power. In both scenarios the TX and RX loose connection and re-establishes connection after a few seconds. There is enough delay to cause damage to my CX2. Iíve damage my blades, inner shaft, and body because of this error.

2. The second enclosed AR6100e is out of my Blade 400. This RX lost connection mid-flight. I heard a beep from my TX and then had no controls. Luckily I was only about 15ft up going away from me when it dropped out of the sky. IF this was coming head-on (towards me) there may have possibly been some bodily harm. The drop caused damage to my skids, flybar, and feathering shaft. Again the damage could have been MUCH worse. Please diagnose this as well. I DO NOT trust this RX and I am scared at even trying to use again until it has been properly diagnosed and resolved.
puma1824 is offline Find More Posts by puma1824