HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by gliders, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 06:11 PM
SKY-MOLE HIT HARD GO DEEP
United States, UT, Price
Joined May 2006
460 Posts
Trader Rating: 373
For Sale
Thunderbird EDF Electric Jet RTF $215.00

This jet has a Himax 2025-5300kv motor, CC PH25 ESC, Hitec HS-55`s, RC-Direct stick on mini antenna all brand new.The original outrunner made about 180 watts so I pulled it, the Himax makes about 350-360 watts on 3S.The plane has flown 3 times (just today) and it balances perfectly using a TP 3S2200 Extreme pack.It launches and lands like a trainer, EZ to fly.Total weight is about 22 ounces RTF so it`s quite fast and is not for the faint of heart, it`s just a little bit too small for me to see easily.This is truly plug and play, just add your receiver and battery, perfect condition- $215 shipped.I`ll have to remove the verticals to ship, so the lucky buyer will have to reinstall them.
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/thunderbird.htm
gliders is offline Find More Posts by gliders
Last edited by gliders; Mar 24, 2008 at 06:32 PM. Reason: add link to HL
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:20 PM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,276 Posts
Trader Rating: 250
Very clean Randy and they fly well.
hole digger is online now Find More Posts by hole digger
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:39 PM
United States, UT, Price
Joined May 2006
460 Posts
Thanks Pete, it scoots too.I figure if I can sell a couple of my planes, I can afford Lasik surgery.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 11:20 PM
Miami,FL
Joined Jun 2007
763 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
I have one too with an upgraded motor. Quick and an eye strainer. Does your TB nose dive as soon as you let off the throttle or does it glide without any elevator input? Mine flies pretty nice except as soon as I let off the throttle it pitches down and I have to maintain some up elevator to get it to fly level without any power. Should it glide?
rick88ss is offline Find More Posts by rick88ss
Old Mar 25, 2008, 11:26 PM
Flying High Again!
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Sep 2005
199 Posts
Trader Rating: 90
Very Nice Looking

What speeds are you acheving with your set up?

I thought of purchasing one of these a while back

How do those stick on atennas work? I have not seen one up close yet.
Triptykon is offline Find More Posts by Triptykon
Old Mar 26, 2008, 05:11 PM
United States, UT, Price
Joined May 2006
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick88ss
I have one too with an upgraded motor. Quick and an eye strainer. Does your TB nose dive as soon as you let off the throttle or does it glide without any elevator input? Mine flies pretty nice except as soon as I let off the throttle it pitches down and I have to maintain some up elevator to get it to fly level without any power. Should it glide?
This comes in like a leaf with a little elevator, no motor needed.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 11:54 PM
United States, UT, Price
Joined May 2006
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklighter
Very Nice Looking

What speeds are you acheving with your set up?

I thought of purchasing one of these a while back

How do those stick on atennas work? I have not seen one up close yet.
You clip off all but 3" of your RX antenna and attach to the antenna lead, peel the plastic off the back and stick the antenna anywhere you want, pretty slick for close in flying.I don`t know about actual speed, but it`s pretty fast.
Closed Thread