HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2008, 05:04 PM
AND FOR MY NEXT TRICK....!
Omaha Millard, Nebraska, United States
Joined Sep 2004
4,067 Posts
Help!
Anybody work with a Sullivan On-Board Glow Plug Driver?

I just installed one of these on a Saito 120. Haven't tired it yet, but wanted to see what kind of glow I was getting. It wasn't glowing as hot as if I put a glow driver right to it and then when I listened to the sullivan unit, I could hear a faint buzz.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Should I be concerned or should the thing still work? I thought it was my wireing, so I resoldered everything, making sure the wires were making good connections and still the same problem.

I have a 4 cell 1600mah nimh pack for power....could that be the problem? I notice most people use nicads.

Here's the unit:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRYK2&P=ML

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
jodini is offline Find More Posts by jodini
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2008, 06:50 PM
Joined Feb 2008
9 Posts
I don't use that system...but install your battery checker and see what the receiver voltage is when the glow plug is glowing... it is possible your battery pack or wiring from is not sufficient.
NitroDave is offline Find More Posts by NitroDave