HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:11 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Discussion
Installing a clutch, am I doing it right so far? Is there something wrong? Pictures!

Hey guys, sorry for all the car questions just got a lot to sort out..

Please take a look at the attached images, I think I might have installed the clutch spring wrong into the shoe?

Also the nut seems to have it's indent at a different height than the springs.

Also what is the other smaller hole in the flywheel?

And I'm missing a part called the "Tapered Coret" any idea if I need this, if so where can I get it? Is it car specific?

Thank you guys!
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:15 AM
My Rhino
Southern California
Joined Oct 2007
704 Posts
I wouldnt really be the one to tell you but it looks good to me
jjlaxdog is offline Find More Posts by jjlaxdog
Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:53 AM
Joined Feb 2008
34 Posts
springs are on wrong. they shold hold the shoe in not out. flip the spring so that the arch on the inside in the pic is wrapped aound the arch of the shoe, there should be a tail hanging out that goes in the groove on the nut. the extra hole is for a two shoe clutch. you do need a tapered collet, not engine specific but flywheel specific, you should have one in your old flywheel, look closely at the back of the old flywheel. it might work
stfuotm is offline Find More Posts by stfuotm
Old Mar 24, 2008, 07:31 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Thanks stfuotm! Really, really helpful! I was looking at some videos, although there really hard to see I noticed that the short bit of the spring was sticking in towards the pilot shaft.

It's actually a new second hand car () but it came without some clutch parts.

I'll have to look to see if I can find a collet (Is this the correct name then, not what it says in the manual "Coret"?)

So the little spring bit that is now facing the pilot shaft, has to somehow wrap around the centre nut?
Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:53 AM
Joined Feb 2008
34 Posts
the little bit of spring will hold the shoe in and slide down the outside of the nut when you install the shoes, make sure you install then in the right direction. the leading edge,pointed end opposite the hole, goestoward the rotation of the motor. if you drew an arrow on the fly wheel in the rotation of the motor,should be counter clock wise from the front, the point opposite the hole would be toward the arrow point. the split cone is called a collet not coret. good luck
stfuotm is offline Find More Posts by stfuotm
Old Mar 24, 2008, 11:34 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
I got you, what do you think about the clutch nut I have? It looks like it's the wrong one...

The inside springs (from the clutch shoe) do they have to be in-line with the clutch nut smooth groove?

Thank you for your help stfuotm!