SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Mar 22, 2008, 08:45 PM
United States, KS, Coffeyville
Joined Aug 2005
715 Posts
Trader Rating: 44
Discussion
How long to wait before filing mail fraud, etc...

Bought a heli from a guy here and he received a Postal Money order for it one week ago today. He has said he will ship evey day since but obviously hasn't, also every PM he sends back is getting shorter and shorter simply saying he's been busy and will try to get it out tomorrow. His last PM just says sorry, been busy. Doesn't say anything about when he plans to ship now. Anyway, I PM'd again just asking for a refund and no reply even though he read the PM, then PM'd again saying unless I hear back about returning the money I would let the Post Office follow this up, again he read it and no reply...

How long should I wait? He's obviously cashed the MO, so stopping payment will be worthless, filing mail fraud is the next step as far as I know, but I don't know if I should hold out any longer or just resign myself to the fact I've been scammed out of $300... Nobody is so busy they can't go to the UPS store or wherever. He can find time to sign in here every day, so being to busy is a lame excuse. He wasn't to busy to accept my money...

Anyway, any advice is greatly appreciated...
Snooptalian is online now Find More Posts by Snooptalian
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2008, 09:08 PM
Joined Aug 2005
715 Posts
I just looked over at RunRyder and he is peddling the same heli to others now. One other guy has apparently paid twice for this same heli and another was messaged that it was for sale after at least 2 people have already paid for it...
Last edited by Snooptalian; Mar 25, 2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 10:24 PM
Zebulon, NC
Joined Aug 2000
5,086 Posts
Trader Rating: 575
Did he use the "my brother was in a accident" Excuse? Here is where he scammed someone else, did you try calling him at the number he posted?
I would file charges right away.

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=us
Steve H. is offline Find More Posts by Steve H.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 22, 2008, 11:32 PM
Joined Aug 2005
715 Posts
No he didn't use that excuse, just says he is busy with college and work but will try to get it out the next day...
Last edited by Snooptalian; Mar 25, 2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 09:27 AM
Planes, Guitars and Cigars
Joined May 2002
3,171 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Doing a few google searches reveals this guy as a 100% scammer. Sorry you got into a deal with him. I really hope he ends up in jail where he belongs.
Steve_A_Reno is offline Find More Posts by Steve_A_Reno
Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:59 AM
I fly, therefore I am.
Dade City, Florida
Joined Oct 2005
3,095 Posts
Trader Rating: 78
Uh-oh. Sounds like real trouble. Hope you can get your money back, but am doubtful. I would certainly go immediaterly to the P.O. wherew you bought the mo with your recewipot and follow their directions. The PO doesn't take scammers lightly. Take cc of his IDs with you.
Good luck.
Bil
Cessna 182 is offline Find More Posts by Cessna 182
Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:15 PM
United States, MS, Amory
Joined Oct 2004
1,412 Posts
Trader Rating: 29
Give the guy a deadline you can live with. Let him know what you're about to do. Do it to the fullest extent you can.

IMO
mtnmnstr is offline Find More Posts by mtnmnstr
Old Mar 24, 2008, 04:04 PM
Planes, Guitars and Cigars
Joined May 2002
3,171 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Sorry to go off the track but looking at this guys other scam just blew me away. I had no idea people would pay over $800.00 for an online game character profile. And I guess that was a low price to encourage buyers. Man there is a whole subculture out there I know nothing about, except they get scammed just like everyone else.
Steve_A_Reno is offline Find More Posts by Steve_A_Reno
Old Mar 24, 2008, 06:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2006
2,627 Posts
Trader Rating: 65
Give him no deadline. If he has a track record of scamming, then there is no reason to trust he would follow any deadline. File charges YESTERDAY. Go to the PO, and the police. Mail fraud is a Federal offense that they take very seriously.
Toker is offline Find More Posts by Toker
Old Mar 25, 2008, 08:49 AM
Joined Aug 2005
715 Posts
Well I was waiting hoping for the best as he has been PM'ing saying now just give him until yesterday and he will definately ship the heli. Ok I waited, and he did email last night at midnight saying he shipped the heli as promised and expect it in 3-5 days. Problem is he left no tracking or any info on how he shipped it.

To add to this the guy on Runryder who also says he has paid for the same heli received the exact same email about the heli shipping as I got.

Waiting to hear back from him again tonight with pics and tracking information. He says he has no idea who this guy on Runryder is at all, but he tells that guy the same thing about me apparently.

I'll keep this thread updated as it goes on...

Thanks.
Last edited by Snooptalian; Mar 25, 2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 12:29 PM
I fly, therefore I am.
Dade City, Florida
Joined Oct 2005
3,095 Posts
[QUOTE:Waiting to hear back from him again to hear the excuse this time.[QUOTE]

Why!?
Old Mar 25, 2008, 02:26 PM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,147 Posts
Trader Rating: 75
file NOW peoplelike that need to be behind bars!!!
littlepiston is offline Find More Posts by littlepiston
Old Mar 26, 2008, 12:03 PM
Joined Feb 2008
27 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Ok umm...I am the alleged scammer and I shipped both Snooperitalian and Dkfuji the Heli's on Monday evening as promised....

File charges if you want, but know that filing false charges is a crime as well.

Read for all of you who can't mind their own business:

http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t410986p1/
Mattc478 is offline Find More Posts by Mattc478
Old Mar 26, 2008, 12:16 PM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,147 Posts
Trader Rating: 75
post shipping info
littlepiston is offline Find More Posts by littlepiston
Old Mar 26, 2008, 12:18 PM
I fly, therefore I am.
Dade City, Florida
Joined Oct 2005
3,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattc478
Ok umm...I am the alleged scammer and I shipped both Snooperitalian and Dkfuji the Heli's on Monday evening as promised....

File charges if you want, but know that filing false charges is a crime as well.

Read for all of you who can't mind their own business:

http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t410986p1/
We do mind our own business. Its our business to know who the scammers are. We watch out for each other on here.
So, why did it take you 11-15 days to mail the helis?
And why have you ignored the multiple requests from Snoop, et al?
Closed Thread