HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2008, 02:33 PM
Beware the Axis of Weasel.
Plymouth, Devon
Joined May 2007
2,460 Posts
re obi, I work in care, supporting people with learning disabilities and mental health issues, have done for some time now and I have a lot of experience from supporting many people. Obi presents to me as a person who could have an autistic spectrum disorder, most likely Asperger's syndrome. Facets of his behaviour that suggest it to me are the patterns of his posts; absolutely fascinated with nanohawks one day, miniums the next, as an example. Also the language he uses, esp. the way he puts his sentences together, and the way he always wants an immediate response to his questions. Most tellingly of all he appears to crave positive attention but as soon as that's denied to him he starts trying for negative attention. This is a classic - any attention is better than none at all. Please understand, I'm not saying that he definitely has a condition like this, and I certainly wouldn't be arrogant enough to say that he has just from reading a few posts, but I would not be at all surprised if that turns out to be the case. If he does, then please believe me, he cannot help himself and getting annoyed will just exacerbate his behaviours. I am more aware than most(!) of the frustrations to be had from dealing with people with these problems, but staying calm, polite and above all firm is the only course of action. Sorry for the monologue, just thought it was worth bearing in mind
thewildweasel is offline Find More Posts by thewildweasel
Last edited by thewildweasel; Mar 21, 2008 at 02:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2008, 02:40 PM
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Joined Dec 2006
4,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modme
I can change if you give me a chance. I wont post so much anymore!
And yet, since making THIS post, he has continued to do it.
The last dozen or more posts all over the group are all from "modme".

I can't speak to whether this login belongs to the same person as any
other login. I think this is a job for the mods.
msnyder is offline Find More Posts by msnyder
Old Mar 21, 2008, 02:44 PM View Post
obiwan22
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread). It is temporarily hidden while obiwan22 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 02:48 PM
Your Mama's house!
Joined Mar 2005
6,196 Posts
Then explain modme! Or obiwan22! Or Griffman! Or ?
Butters is offline Find More Posts by Butters
Old Mar 21, 2008, 03:07 PM
Flying high
Seattle, Wa
Joined Dec 2002
2,263 Posts
I believe his other handle is Ironbowser
billwhit is offline Find More Posts by billwhit
Old Mar 21, 2008, 03:09 PM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,549 Posts
[EDIT:] >> I have been reported for one of these posts in this thread. Dunno which one, and while I believe they are factual, I will now modify them: just click on the names, note the posts and the content. One of the posters mentioned earlier that he had O.C.D.* and the manic posting of another poster is not exactly normal (number of post/min)

*[EDITED EDIT: could be Orange County Disease; not sure....]
xlcrlee is offline Find More Posts by xlcrlee
Last edited by xlcrlee; Mar 22, 2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 03:14 PM
Joined Mar 2008
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billwhit
LOL, I think your right. modme and Griffman both set up accounts the same time and post about the same type of questions. Even funnier is the thread where the two of them are talking back and forth and no one else. Is he really having a conversation with himself in this forum? Must be really bored.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=837038
im not modme! im sick of you people saying that im a person with three acounts. and y would i be talking to myself that would be wierd.
Griffman is offline Find More Posts by Griffman
Old Mar 21, 2008, 03:16 PM
Your Mama's house!
Joined Mar 2005
6,196 Posts
would it?
Old Mar 21, 2008, 03:17 PM
Joined Jan 2006
103 Posts
And now on the next episode of Days of Our RCGROUPS.....is OBIWAN who he says he is? Is ModMe his twin evil brother? Is Griffman his long lost father? tune in next week to find out!
slapdinger is offline Find More Posts by slapdinger
Old Mar 21, 2008, 03:19 PM
Your Mama's house!
Joined Mar 2005
6,196 Posts
I'll pop the popcorn! You take the phone off the hook. . . .
Old Mar 21, 2008, 03:23 PM View Post
Griffman
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Group attack). It is temporarily hidden while Griffman edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 03:24 PM
Flying high
Seattle, Wa
Joined Dec 2002
2,263 Posts
Ironbowser and Griffman accounts were set up the same day, and Modme the next day. If you look at their accounts it's pretty obvious. Move along people, nothing to see here.

Uh, check out vviper135 as well. Created within 3 days of the other accounts. Funny enough he always get a response from modme. I think some has quite a few dummy accounts going on...just a thought.
billwhit is offline Find More Posts by billwhit
Last edited by billwhit; Mar 21, 2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 03:27 PM
Joined Mar 2008
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billwhit
Ironbowser and Griffman accounts were set up the same day, and Modme the next day. If you look at their accounts it's pretty obvious. Move along people, nothing to see here.
you dont know what your talking about why would i be talking to myself? do you think im a retard obrien and ironbowser or what ever his name is are probably the same guy im just trying to get answers to my questions why would i want to do this or what your saying im doing?
Old Mar 21, 2008, 03:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2007
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffman
you dont know what your talking about why would i be talking to myself? do you think im a retard obrien and ironbowser or what ever his name is are probably the same guy im just trying to get answers to my questions why would i want to do this or what your saying im doing?
It would be weird indeed lol, but I admit I did make Griffman! It was suppose to be funny seeing everyone get confused! I made Griffman so I could post more threads. But however I do not know modme!
obiwan22 is offline Find More Posts by obiwan22
Old Mar 21, 2008, 03:41 PM
Joined Mar 2008
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan22
It would be weird indeed lol, but I admit I did make Griffman! It was suppose to be funny seeing everyone get confused! I made Griffman so I could post more threads. But however I do not know modme!
what the hell? you didnt make me! i made me!