HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2008, 12:01 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,543 Posts
Discussion
Setting up a 2 aileron 2 flap F5B on 6channels w/ Futaba 9C

I consider myself the local expert but can't see a way to program a 4 servo wing with crow and variable flaps using only a 6 channel reciever and the Futaba 9C.

Want to plug in like this;

1- Aileron 1
2- Elevator
3- Motor
4- Aileron 2 or Flap 2 (no rudder on this plane)
5- Aileron 2 or Flap 2
6- Flap 1

Easy to do using a 8 channel receiver but what about a 6?
Evan D is offline Find More Posts by Evan D
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2008, 02:01 PM
Hastings, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand (Aotearoa)
Joined Feb 2000
1,453 Posts
Your problem will be with channel 4 which is rudder by default. You will need to create a mix that nulls this channel out (Make 4 both master & slave). Then you can mix the correct control back to this channel.

I've done a similar thing in the past but its not easy

Heather
Heather is online now Find More Posts by Heather
Old Mar 18, 2008, 02:48 PM
Back in the game
United States, TX, Frisco
Joined May 2006
1,370 Posts
This might help. As Heather points out, you will need to use the channel 4 as one of the flaps channel (instead of ch7 as described in the below link). Setup ch4 to have ZERO travel (so the movement of rudder stick won't affect it) and then mix it as you would mix in ch7... But you have to adjust travel so its zero (this doesn't affect movement for mixes)

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-9c-q787.html
flying evader is offline Find More Posts by flying evader
Old Mar 18, 2008, 04:01 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying evader
This might help. As Heather points out, you will need to use the channel 4 as one of the flaps channel (instead of ch7 as described in the below link). Setup ch4 to have ZERO travel (so the movement of rudder stick won't affect it) and then mix it as you would mix in ch7... But you have to adjust travel so its zero (this doesn't affect movement for mixes)

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-9c-q787.html
I did mix rudder to itself to cancel the rudder stick movement but when I mix flaps from channel 7 to channel 4 it doesn't move the channel, I can get it to do this for the other channels but it's like 4 is a master channel and it won't let me mix to it.

I am able to mix the whole thing so I have flaps and speedbrakes on switch C using the Acro programing but doing it this way my crow is not on a slider or throttle stick and variable.

I'd like to use the Glider-C programing and mix 7 to 4 so I can have crow variable and then put two position flaps on swith C.

Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2008, 08:19 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Just use a Berg 7..
Why make life more difficult?
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Mar 19, 2008, 09:08 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,543 Posts
Because I have a Hitec 6 channel new going ito it... I could pull a 8 channel out of something else and put the 6 in what ever I take it out of...

I'd like to use the 6 if I can though.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 06:07 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
It was fooling with this kind of stuff that made me give up Futaba and switch to the EVO..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:49 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D
I did mix rudder to itself to cancel the rudder stick movement but when I mix flaps from channel 7 to channel 4 it doesn't move the channel, I can get it to do this for the other channels but it's like 4 is a master channel and it won't let me mix to it.

I am able to mix the whole thing so I have flaps and speedbrakes on switch C using the Acro programing but doing it this way my crow is not on a slider or throttle stick and variable.

I'd like to use the Glider-C programing and mix 7 to 4 so I can have crow variable and then put two position flaps on swith C.

Thanks!
Can you mix 7 to 4 if you don't cancel out the rudder as you have done?

If you can mix 7 to 4 with rudder enabled, try to cancel out the rudder stick movement with rudder travel adjust.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Mar 20, 2008, 12:05 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,543 Posts
After too much beeping I got it all done. I have the flap and crow activated with switch C.

Up is nothing.

Middle is flaps on with elevator mixed in, adjustable by the left slider.

Down is crow. Ailerons, flaps, and elevator are at fixed points.

Throttle stayed on the throttle stick.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 02:18 PM
Back in the game
United States, TX, Frisco
Joined May 2006
1,370 Posts
I don't like using the 3 point switch with the 9C.. It is on the same side as the ele and aile. Don't want my right hand off the stick when landing..

I have flaps on one switch on the left hand and crow on the other.. Rarely i use crow, usually 90 degrees flaps will do the trick..

FWIW
flying evader is offline Find More Posts by flying evader
Old Mar 20, 2008, 03:19 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,543 Posts
I don't have an issue using the switches with my right hand as I am used to doing so with the modes on my helos...