SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 17, 2008, 08:13 PM
Joined Dec 2007
100 Posts
Discussion
Uh oh, wire going to the battery is exposed

Hello,

I have an EP 200 and the red wire going from the ESC to the battery connector brushed against the main gear and it rubbed through the plastic and now I can see a little bit of the raw wire. I think the exposed wire is causing some interference with the gyro. The wire is not about to snap or anything. Can I just wrap some duct tape around the "wound" to prevent further damage and to eliminate the interference?
mjr_larkin is offline Find More Posts by mjr_larkin
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2008, 01:47 PM
brushed motors are crap.
Joined Aug 2007
169 Posts
yeah put some tape on it but i dont think it has any thing to do with interference check the wire hasnt pulled near the esc that could cause it but just the isulation rubbed off wont cause it im sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr_larkin
I figured out that the main shaft had been pushed down. For some reason these is play in the mainshaft. I can push the head down about a half inch. I can then put my finger on the lower end of the shaft (near the motor) and push it back up. This apparently makes a lot of difference and i'm very surprised the shaft isn't more secure.

The correct position of the shaft is as far up as possible right? So that the piece at the bottom of the shaft (near the motor) is pushed all the way up.

also i read this post is it the same bird? i found that mechanical problem is the main cause ov interference
thumbtime is offline Find More Posts by thumbtime
Last edited by thumbtime; Mar 21, 2008 at 04:02 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 02:19 PM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
I use superglue as a bandaid for the exposed wire.
Slyster is offline Find More Posts by Slyster
Old Mar 20, 2008, 06:38 PM
Southeast PA
Joined Oct 2005
2,805 Posts
CA might be brittle,,, Maybe a drop of epoxy?
Vario3 is offline Find More Posts by Vario3
Old Mar 21, 2008, 03:56 AM
brushed motors are crap.
Joined Aug 2007
169 Posts
mmmm i use insulation tape but now you got you got me thinkin it can be hard sometime to get tape round the wire if its close to some other body part or in a loom maybe a finger ov silicon bathroom grade (the more it smells like a pig the better the grade)it is very flexable but dont go mad this stuff is very dence weight is not good
thumbtime is offline Find More Posts by thumbtime