SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by EAST RC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:03 PM
Seguin, TX
Joined Sep 2007
53 Posts
thanks sorry about the weird subject, hard to explain wha did yo think of the design?
C.Strachan is offline Find More Posts by C.Strachan
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:20 PM
Joined Nov 2006
84 Posts
this is for C.Strachan. man i thought i would never get this posted, and i'm still not sur how i did it
you did a great job with the scheme and it was worth all of the trouble.

randy
randy racer is offline Find More Posts by randy racer
Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:22 PM
Seguin, TX
Joined Sep 2007
53 Posts
Awsome! Thanks! Sorry To put you through all the trouble.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:23 PM
Joined Nov 2006
84 Posts
it's ok but if you win the free plane i get a test flight.

rr
Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:45 PM
Seguin, TX
Joined Sep 2007
53 Posts
well ,that depends on where you are at the time
Old Mar 24, 2008, 11:57 PM
R/C Super Store
Zebulon, NC
Joined Jul 2007
382 Posts
Hey Randy,

Thanks for helping Mr. Strachan out with his scheme! That's real cool of you!

Chris
EAST RC is offline Find More Posts by EAST RC
Old Mar 25, 2008, 09:23 AM
Joined Mar 2008
18 Posts
Randy these guys are really making it hard on entries. I like all of them so far and it sure is going to be hard to pick a winner. Wouldn't wont to be in Chris's shoes.

Bubba
spoiler-man is offline Find More Posts by spoiler-man
Old Mar 25, 2008, 09:46 AM
Joined Nov 2006
84 Posts
yeh, the pressure is all on chris. it won't be that hard really we all know mine is the best.

randy
Old Mar 25, 2008, 12:15 PM
listing lazily tothe left
United States, FL, Spring Hill
Joined Feb 2008
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy racer
yeh, the pressure is all on chris. it won't be that hard really we all know mine is the best.

randy

no way, man! mine is the best
godofcable is offline Find More Posts by godofcable
Old Mar 25, 2008, 12:44 PM
Seguin, TX
Joined Sep 2007
53 Posts
I Got to give it to randy, simple yet visible, I would put checkers on the tail if i bought it though, because my vision is not great
Old Mar 25, 2008, 05:58 PM
Wesley Chapel, NC, USA
Joined Mar 2002
84 Posts
I really like Randy's most recent, creative dark scheme conceptually, but I know that I would have some difficulty in orienting top vs bottom. Although the yellow splotch on the top would help. Randy, this is not a critique...just my crappy eyes!!

According to some reading I did a long while back from an opthalmic surgeon who also flew RC, the best airplane color schemes for our eyes are very light colored on top, and dark on the bottom. It may have been a letter to the editor in one of the magazines. He also had a website someplace with some bizarre examples of experimental stuff that was extremely visible with large round circles, etc. Pretty ugly neon orange circles on the wing.

Light top surfaces and dark bottom surfaces mimic the sun hitting the top and shading the bottom when the plane is upright. Also, certain colors become black at distance to us because of how our eyes work. Everything becomes shades of gray very far away for human eyes.

A good way to visualize if a scheme is really visible in the air is to take a black and white photo of it. I was amazed to see that some solid reds and transparent yellows next to each other actually converge to look like one single color when shot in black and white mode on my digital camera. We can also use digital image editing software to convert something to black and white to get an idea.

The black and white bars you see frequently on the bottom of aerobats are actually very helpful for orienting. There are a couple of schemes like that here, mine included. That's why I have them on my JBB as well. I need all the help I can get!
RCAddiction is offline Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Last edited by RCAddiction; Mar 25, 2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 06:27 PM
Joined May 2007
13 Posts
I would agree with the opthalmic surgeon for most planes, but this is a Spoiler. The only time I have seen one upright is on take offs and some landings.
Tim G is offline Find More Posts by Tim G
Old Mar 25, 2008, 07:22 PM
Wesley Chapel, NC, USA
Joined Mar 2002
84 Posts
Well, there is a difference between inverted and upside down. More often than not, I'm the latter. ;-)
RCAddiction is offline Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Old Mar 25, 2008, 07:25 PM
Joined Nov 2006
84 Posts
i agree with what you said rcaddition but thats not my scheme, i posted it for somone else. like you i like the looks of a lot of schemes on the ground but in the air it's a different story. i didn't read the article you did but from my owm flying i like light colors on top and darker on bottom also different color wing tips help me see angles better too. if a scheme is too busy it make it harder for me to see the angle of the plane too. there are several good schemes here all ready but i do like the ones less cluttered myself.

randy
Old Mar 25, 2008, 09:22 PM
Joined May 2006
252 Posts
ok heres my entry : )

i use the pic that randy posted and i attached it so u dont think i copyed any thing
casey g is offline Find More Posts by casey g