SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Jeffrito, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 09:12 PM
sloper dude
L'Étoile du Nord
Joined Jan 2005
200 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
For Sale
BETTER DEAL. New Reichard Barracuda E glider w/ F5 motor & ESC. FREE GPX SHIPPING!

New 3 meter Reichard Barracuda electric sailplane.

My minivan's transmission died, so I am forced to sell my beautiful Barracuda, which has never flown.

Included:
Barracuda airframe ($300 list)

Aveox F12 brushless motor with integral planetary gearbox ($500 when new.) State of the art a few years back for F5 flying, and very hot!

Aveox SH-96 ESC: 125A peak, 100A continuous. Sensorless and opto coupled. 10 - 30 NiCd/NiMH or 4S - 10S LiPo ($500 list when new.)

16x13 Graupner folding prop and spinner with cam-lock mounting (list $25.) Motor/ESC combo can turn up to a 16x16 prop.

Two 12 cell GP 3300mah high output NiMH battery (list $120)
One 10 cell 3300mah NiMH battery. (list $50.)
Batteries have plenty of cycles remaining and are charged quickly. The 10 cell pack has only a few cycles. Deans connectors on batteries and ESC.

Hitech servos (81mg ail/flaps, HS-225mg for R/E (list $140)

Carbon pushrods

The fuse is red, the wings are yellow top & bottom. It looks better than the standard yellow fuse and wings.

The power system should give a high speed vertical climb on 12 cells. The motor, ESC and batteries previously belonged to a friend of mine, who used them in his Colt (E-Opus) with a 16x15 prop. I saw him fly it, and in limited motor run mode (allows 80,000 motor RPM vs. standard 50,000 RPM,) the Colt flew straight up at about 70 mph to speck height in 5-7 seconds. The ESC can be used in competition limited motor run mode, or changed to proportional throttle mode with the flip of a DIP switch. The ESC won't cut off power at the proper voltage for a LiPo pack without a Li Saver or similar product, about $25.

The Barracuda was designed for thermal, slope and aerobatic flying and gets favorable reviews. The HQ airfoil is designed to efficiently carry the weight of the electric power system and battery in all flight modes, making it a good fit for this type of sailplane. The power system was bulletproof in my friend's Colt and it should provide great flying in this airframe.

You'll need to cut vents in the nose of the fuse and some exit holes perhaps under the wing, to cool the motor ESC and battery. Install your receiver and RX pack or use a switching BEC like the CC BEC from Castle Creations instead.

Over $1600 worth of hardware when new. The sailplane itself is new.

$650 for everything listed, and if shipped by Greyhound Package Xpress, SHIPPING IS FREE! Just pick it up at a nearby Greyhound station. GPX is quick (about 2 days to the coasts) and the safest shipper I have used. Check their website below for GPX locations before you buy.

If there are no GPX stations in your area, (highly unlikely unless you are rural,) I'll pay $40 of the shipping cost myself, even for international shipping. It's an oversize package, so take advantage of the free shipping.

Greyhound Package Xpress

I prefer PayPal, and will accept a money order.
email me here. I'll get your message faster than a PM.

Photos attached.
Jeffrito is offline Find More Posts by Jeffrito
Last edited by Jeffrito; Mar 19, 2008 at 07:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2008, 09:45 PM
The frigin Catalina wine mixer
USA, CA, Buena Park
Joined Oct 2006
599 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
If you are to split up the power system,I would like first crack at it..
flightmare is offline Find More Posts by flightmare
Old Mar 16, 2008, 10:18 PM
sloper dude
L'Étoile du Nord
Joined Jan 2005
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightmare
If you are to split up the power system,I would like first crack at it..
Sorry, I'm not looking to do that. I need to get my minivan's transmission fixed.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 06:35 PM
Is everyone from California?
Orange County, NY
Joined May 2007
234 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Maybe you should get rid of the minivan instead?
yaitsfast is offline Find More Posts by yaitsfast
Old Mar 19, 2008, 06:18 AM
sloper dude
L'Étoile du Nord
Joined Jan 2005
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaitsfast
Maybe you should get rid of the minivan instead?
I'd love to, but can't at the moment.
Last edited by Jeffrito; Mar 19, 2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 09:25 PM
Dave (a.k.a. Kawika)
Canada, MB, Division No. 1, Unorganized
Joined Jan 2006
346 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
I would take the plane if somebody else is interested in the electronics.

I was looking at Esprit Models for this plane and I already have a power system for it.

Let me know what you think.

Dave
kawika1kalina is offline Find More Posts by kawika1kalina
Closed Thread